Jump to content

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

Yes winter is over...

8F26CEE2-DDA6-4D89-97B7-A82DCBB3ACA1.thumb.png.33ec3b902de342a0419d241caa830e5f.png

7B4C546A-5A8A-48C9-97E2-FF274F1E3611.thumb.png.98efb7bbe6dcfe6a63870d5079c065b3.png

534ED96D-7617-49C1-97F1-7DDEDECD056A.thumb.png.f8e6ee51c2005efd64510f43d4e68df4.png

4BC5D4C9-AB1F-4A98-A9C8-C5BA2842DCB9.thumb.png.897f8f6697cde910356aafd91396e81d.png

More snow possible next week according to the 18z GFS but only for Scotland so I guess winter is over :rolleyes:

94B6C9EA-0AD5-49F9-AA77-64308FDCE436.png

EE861C72-BD20-43E4-BE46-285280FB738C.png

go pop that post in there... go on enjoy yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, More Snow said:

go pop that post in there... go on enjoy yourself.

No chance!

I put a post in there on Sunday about how the models were rubbish because they said it would rain here but it was heavy snow and I put a picture of the heavy snow I was having and my post was deleted within minutes haha

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stormeh said:

No chance!

I put a post in there on Sunday about how the models were rubbish because they said it would rain here but it was heavy snow and I put a picture of the heavy snow I was having and my post was deleted within minutes haha

that was your mistake, you didn't put a chart in your post, that would have saved you..:rofl:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry chaps, winter's finished.  Oh...

We had sleet yesterday and it's dipped to freezing again now. Someone's clean shirt for tomorrow is going to be like a board at 7am; good job it's not mine.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye similar, almost a summer-like scene at the house this morn with a low of -3.5c and half the garden still with snow. Thankfully the stunningly terrible weather of the last couple of days has subsided for now

Sunbathing conditions further west 

IMG_6824.thumb.PNG.2d91c0572ed460d2c1c0f2d47039f285.PNG

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nailded..........Haven't heard that one for a few seasons now!   I forget who used to say it.:laugh:

 

 

Edited by Blitzen
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Nailded..........Haven't heard that one for a few seasons now!   I forget who used to say it.:laugh:

 

 

No... I think it was someone getting a bit carried away with some GFS FI b0II0x

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As ever, chasing fantasy easterlies at 300 hours+ when decent enough northerlies in the next week that could upgrade nearer to the time are cast aside! :p

If I'm to put my model beer can hat on I'd take a northerly followed by easterly to north easterly then a north westerly please! 

Edited by NorthernRab
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NorthernRab said:

As ever, chasing fantasy easterlies at 300 hours+ when decent enough northerlies in the next week that could upgrade nearer to the time are cast aside! :p

If I'm to put my model beer can hat on I'd take a northerly followed by easterly to north easterly then a north westerly please! 

That's just greedy....:drinks:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems the snow showing for next week has creeped forward a little, now showing as starting around T123. Very fine margins though and very slight corrections could see it go pear shaped 

IMG_7898.thumb.PNG.c3af9b376d67534dee4adf0b555cd384.PNG

IMG_7895.thumb.PNG.a8f92bfc4eed18958c6c961fc6ef29cd.PNG

IMG_7896.thumb.PNG.628421afa8b59966a5bcacd6a6797e9c.PNG

IMG_7897.thumb.PNG.fbb287a199cb1435eae3fc389752b121.PNG

IMG_7899.thumb.PNG.c809a555145c2eb2f18b4e6d7df43bdb.PNG

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Ruzzi said:

Seems the snow showing for next week has creeped forward a little, now showing as starting around T123. Very fine margins though and very slight corrections could see it go pear shaped 

IMG_7898.thumb.PNG.c3af9b376d67534dee4adf0b555cd384.PNG

IMG_7895.thumb.PNG.a8f92bfc4eed18958c6c961fc6ef29cd.PNG

IMG_7896.thumb.PNG.628421afa8b59966a5bcacd6a6797e9c.PNG

IMG_7897.thumb.PNG.fbb287a199cb1435eae3fc389752b121.PNG

IMG_7899.thumb.PNG.c809a555145c2eb2f18b4e6d7df43bdb.PNG

Usually when it's showing a hit for me at this distance out it ends up over Shrewsbury.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...