Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

I don’t wish to ramp up the expectations here..

But, the sky just went all dark there and we had a rather heavy shower of wet snow down here in Helensburgh.

This had resulted in a whopping 1 mm of slush on the cars!!!

The excitement is there for all to see.... the joys of living down at the coast!!

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Benvironment said:

The hill road's fun just now :)

P1160192.jpg

My road pretty similar this morning, so going to be fun in a few hours. Heavy showers keep battering through here

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Light snow here now. Just catching the Northern edge of the good stuff in Fife!

Edited by Norrance
Sp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

mild sector alert getting sleety in town centre and major drip drips grrrrrrrr

Posted

Police Scotland telling people to get home early as the worst of the weather expected after 3pm. Starting to snow here now:yahoo:

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ross B said:

Police Scotland telling people to get home early as the worst of the weather expected after 3pm. Starting to snow here now:yahoo:

Where about?  Can't see anything on their twitter?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
8 minutes ago, Ross B said:

which areas ross? 

Posted

Just back from Dunfermline, 35mm snow dump and still falling. Roads ok with care, most folk being sensible.

Stay safe out there if you absolutely have to go out. Otherwise make a cuppa and put the feet up.

Dog out in the garden, going nuts!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Aw shoot..........The sun's coming out!

Posted

image.thumb.jpeg.f15e60ad3c17a79c639efcea184a8446.jpeg

The blue bin lin was clear last night. I reckon 6 inches have fallen this morning.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

My sister based in Rutherglen has just had a text from the primary school of my niece telling her they are closing and to come and pick her up due to adverse weather conditions!? There is absolutely nothing happening in that area - blue sky most of the morning and the odd light passing sleet shower. 

Everyone can see that all the action is missing Glasgow/South Lanarkshire and North Lanarkshire - yes we have snow/ice on the ground but I just can’t see any disruptive snowfall incoming? We can all clearly see the action is further North and probably Ayrshire/Borders soon. 

The mind boggles! 

58EFF132-F105-409D-A203-6262075C8E56.png

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

My sister based in Rutherglen has just had a text from the primary school of my niece telling her they are closing and to come and pick her up due to adverse weather conditions!? There is absolutely nothing happening in that area - blue sky most of the morning and the odd light passing sleet shower. 

Everyone can see that all the action is missing Glasgow/South Lanarkshire and North Lanarkshire - yes we have snow/ice on the ground but I just can’t see any disruptive snowfall incoming? We can all clearly see the action is further North and probably Ayrshire/Borders soon. 

The mind boggles! 

58EFF132-F105-409D-A203-6262075C8E56.png

I would have agreed wholeheartedly with that about 5 minutes ago but snow getting a bit heavier here now :D hopefully an indication of things to come but I'm inclined to think the Glasgow area will miss the worst of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Hi all long time lurker first post, just had a spell of heavy snow leaving a couple of cm's in about 15 mins and judging by the radar more on the way :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Aw shoot..........The sun's coming out!

Aye, sun out here in Thornton but still s few flakes falling. Through in Dumfries, pal has sent video from Leadhills. Looks to be a couple of feet deep and a snow blower has gone up the road.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
4 minutes ago, BlizzardConditions said:

I would have agreed wholeheartedly with that about 5 minutes ago but snow getting a bit heavier here now :D hopefully an indication of things to come but I'm inclined to think the Glasgow area will miss the worst of it.

Indeed - but looking at the radar the sun is going to be out in five minutes and the snow shower currently is nowhere near as bad as Tuesday’s when there was extremely heavy snow every hour in that area. 

They really need to look into a better warning system for this Country - it’s been a shambles with the motorway fiasco and these Amber warnings this week. 

Edited by Mr Frost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Wonder if this is the 'after 3pm' quote that you can see on the radar out to the west now?

ETA - Sorry Ross - you beat me to it!

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Indeed - but looking at the radar the sun is going to be out in five minutes and the snow shower currently is nowhere near as bad as Tuesday’s when there was extremely heavy snow every hour in that area. 

Yeah you're right - I'm just hoping the MO have it right this time for this afternoon but as it stands areas like Fife are the ones taking a pounding. Great pics from those areas!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Nothing much here but East Kilbride is getting pumped again, maybe not make it work again later.