Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Just started snowing here. The question is will it make right across the city and reach Mr Hawes?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Coming down heavier now......

020.JPG

• Like 7

Posted
2 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Just started snowing here. The question is will it make right across the city and reach Mr Hawes?

:D I work in St Andrews so can only report from Broughty Ferry when I get home! [Dry here in St Andrews for now]

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Absolutely hee-haw going on in the Amber warning area so far today. (Which I am in)

All the action so far NW/N/NE of Glasgow. 

I have the day off so giving up already and heading North - Mugdock or Conic Hill, Balmaha. (watch all the showers move further South now. :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
3 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

:D I work in St Andrews so can only report from Broughty Ferry when I get home! [Dry here in St Andrews for now]

Quite steady now and has covered the patchy remnants we had from the other day. Street is completely white. Radar looking good for a while! Surely?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

The heavier stuff duly arrived just before half 8. Had a lively wee drive over to Gleneagles station in another temporary whiteoot. Skidded the car to a halt in the car park. Epic snaw! 

:yahoo:

IMG_20180119_0850557.jpg

IMG_20180119_0855423.jpg

IMG_20180119_0902545.jpg

IMG_20180119_0911071.jpg

IMG_20180119_0911160.jpg

• Like 8

Posted

Pelting down in Stirling just now and has been for the last 30 mins.  Struggling to lie though due to the wet ground.  Still, nice to see snow during the daytime.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, More Snow said:

looking at the radar Dundee is about to get that massive blob... lucky buggers

It's here. Quite heavy and accumulating quickly?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Looks like most of the showers are missing the amber area but plenty of time left I guess :)

good to see people have some nice snowfall :)

Posted

Unless the wind changes, we'll be seeing snow for a while yet - I just wonder if the Amber warning needs to  be shunted further north a bit?

• Like 2

Posted

Haha thanks @Hawesy but I think we'd struggle to get a 5th of that today. West of the Great Glen got absolutely buried last night while here on the east side of it, very cold with occasional showers. Didn't go above -2c yesterday with a colder forecast today so still a winter wonderland here and canna complain :)  prob off up cairngorm later, windchill -26c I'm hearing, tad chilly. Currently -5c

Edited by Northern Strath
  • Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Norrance said:

For @hawesy.

image.jpg

Great stuff - but that's not to say it will have made it to Broughty Ferry and accumulated....seeing is believing! :D However did not expect the showers to make it this far east so that's a wee bonus.

Snowing very lightly in St Andrews at the moment - no accumulation.

Edited by Hawesy
  • Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Great stuff - but that's not to say it will have made it to Broughty Ferry and accumulated....seeing is believing! :D However did not expect the showers to make it this far east so that's a wee bonus.

Too cryptic!!!! So has it reached you or not? Is it snowing? Is it accumulating? Is the drought over? Pictures? Come on man - no work getting done till these things are answered. :D

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero
Just now, 101_North said:

Too cryptic!!!! So has it reached you or not? Is it snowing? Is it accumulating? Is the drought over? Pictures? Come one man - no work getting done till these things are answered. :D

Yes, can you just tell your employer you've got an emergency at home and need to dash back to feed the cat or something?

• Like 2

Posted

Some powerful looking snow showers on the horizon to the north across the Firth although sunny and frosty here at -2c.20180119_092551.thumb.jpg.ab1240d71a89080ba61e8fd7ba603751.jpg20180119_092607.thumb.jpg.7e83974809e531caa173c9232233fe2e.jpg

Think the arctic sky we have just now with its vibrant colours is  just the best with superb visibilities in the clean air.

• Like 8

Posted
Just now, Benvironment said:

Yes, can you just tell your employer you've got an emergency at home and need to dash back to feed the cat or something?

My employer's currently got the NW Radar on the big screen, the kettles on, the temp's gone for biscuits........ 

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, 101_North said:

Too cryptic!!!! So has it reached you or not? Is it snowing? Is it accumulating? Is the drought over? Pictures? Come on man - no work getting done till these things are answered. :D

I work in St Andrews (where it is snowing lightly but not accumulating) so can't comment on Broughty Ferry until I get home this evening. Tempted to do what @Benvironment suggests and rush home to check....but that would just jinx it! :D

You'll have to wait until around 6pm for confirmation, I'm afraid. :D

• Like 2