Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Evening all,

Pretty awful day in NE Fife, not much rain but grey, dreary and overcast with a chilling wind which was sitting at a mean speed of 30mph for much of the day. Tomorrow not looking much better.

Im not really buying any rain to snow prospects (away from high ground), we’ve been here before and I always find such events to be very rare in lowlying and coastal areas. Certainly the whole set up has shifted north in the last 24 hours and we may catch some snow showers on Saturday. Not planning any predictions at this stage as I don’t think a widespread significant snowfall at low levels is on the cards...that should help the prospects!.:D

Posted
7 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Not planning any predictions at this stage as I don’t think a widespread significant snowfall at low levels is on the cards...that should help the prospects!.:D

Good, Hawsey - hope your prediction (prevision) is accurate :D

Roll on proper spring. The countryside needs a boost to start everything into seasonal growth and us humans to shed layers shackling clothing.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
1 hour ago, Hawesy said:

Evening all,

Pretty awful day in NE Fife, not much rain but grey, dreary and overcast with a chilling wind which was sitting at a mean speed of 30mph for much of the day. Tomorrow not looking much better.

Im not really buying any rain to snow prospects (away from high ground), we’ve been here before and I always find such events to be very rare in lowlying and coastal areas. Certainly the whole set up has shifted north in the last 24 hours and we may catch some snow showers on Saturday. Not planning any predictions at this stage as I don’t think a widespread significant snowfall at low levels is on the cards...that should help the prospects!.:D

I don't think that you will have to go too far inland though. It is already sleet to quite low levels in parts of Perthshire with snow falling on higher routes. If the precipitation continues as expected until Saturday morning these levels will come down further. I wouldn't rule out for example Sawel getting some later tomorrow in NW Dundee.

• Like 2

Posted

Still very windy with odd spits in the wind.Temperature creeping down   currently 3.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Greetings all!

Will be getting the padlock out ready to lock this shortly - considering how big this thread is getting, a new one is in order! Plus, there is another Beast looking to crawl into the UK ?

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

what a horrible morning, 2c sleet strong winds and to top it off the dog has done his knee ligaments.  I better win the euro millions tonight or there might be trouble in house. thank god it buckfast Friday tho. :drunk-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow
9 minutes ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

Greetings all!

Will be getting the padlock out ready to lock this shortly - considering how big this thread is getting, a new one is in order! Plus, there is another Beast looking to crawl into the UK ?

The padlock has been put on! New thread for ya here: