Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

We are back in a gap again here now. One streamer to the North in Angus into N Perthshire and another into Fife to our South. ?

Just a little movement one way or the other please to get us back in the game.

• Like 3

Normally so annoying when you wake in the middle of the night for a pee but awesome tonight! The snow is coming in sideways. Had 12inches at 8pm (near Peebles). Earlier tyre tracks are covered on the road so I'm thinking there must be a few more inches already. Don't want to be the mad neighbour out at 4.30am measuring so will have to wait until the morning to update. 

Family arrived from Belfast yesterday a good few hours before M80 became blocked, they're amazed with the snow. Unfortunately, husband stayed in Edinburgh as needs to be in work, hopefully he'll.get home on Fri! 

-I'm a lurker normally but it's been brilliant past few weeks reading everyone getting excited and then now the snow has arrived reading all the posts! 

• Like 5

OMG - we've had a huge amount of snow in Stirling - there must well over a foor of snow lying here and we're about to get smashed again according to the radar.

• Like 5

Just looked on the radar and there’s more coming through from the east??! Outside is just untouched dunes of snow on the road. No cars in the streets for hours.

The area to the north of the Central belt corridor looks like it’s been pasted.

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

Just looked on the radar and there’s more coming through from the east??! Outside is just untouched dunes of snow on the road. No cars in the streets for hours.

The area to the north of the Central belt corridor looks like it’s been pasted.

I'm 10 miles north of Glasgow and it's been snowing heavily almost non stop since yesterday morning. It's been a constant train of showers. Snow depth was over 30cm when I went to bed last night and it's well above that now. 

• Like 7

It's hard to tell if it's snowing or drifting at times, this is the view out the back door. If I had known it was going to snow as bad as this I would have tidied up :D

20180301_061427.thumb.jpg.f6de03385f6e7f2b7087bd68790189d5.jpg

I'll need to destroy the bin cover later as I need to use them :)

Edited by CatchMyDrift
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

@edo Well!  We were both wrong, and not in a good way ;) Just measured and 6cm! 

Now, it does bizarrely 'feel' and look like more than that, but the measuring stick doesn't lie!

However, it's absolutely baltic and still coming down... Also the buses are apparently off until at least 10am which I've never seen before, not even in 2010, so despite the lack of depth it's starting to inch towards the 'epic' category, and hopefully more to come! 

For those digging themselves out this morning, good luck, and to those with less than me, I know your pain! 

Tim

• Like 3

Doesn't look like we've had a huge amount of snow overnight, but enough since I last measured that my footprints have been obliterated. I'll get out in a bit for an updated level. 

Most of the schools closed for another day around here, so more time for the kids to develop a lifetime love of snow. :friends:

• Like 3