Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, edo said:

i would reckon 10 mate... lots of showers all moving due east now so surely to f00k 

Edo

Deal :) If I don't get it, I'll rush up the A9 and nick some of yours ;)

Tim

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, 101_North said:

Total whiteout again! Snow blowing everywhere. Heaviest shower all evening! Running out of words for today so epic will have to do! 

Its incredible, just when you think you've seen the heaviest fall of the day, a heavier one follows. I reckon  we've had at least 3 more inches since 9pm tonight.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Polar Side said:

Its incredible, just when you think you've seen the heaviest fall of the day, a heavier one follows. I reckon  we've had at least 3 more inches since 9pm tonight.

Best single day of snowfall in a long time! And check the radar - it's not finished yet! 

• Like 1

As many people as possible have been replenished, more people just heading over the bridge to head south of the bridge. Think they are In for a long night, and it's tanking down again. @Hawesy, my bin lid says 35cm at present

WP_20180228_23_08_36_Pro.thumb.jpg.873ce56f651baac62ea972ab9d4e4837.jpg

Edited by Cheggers
  • Like 5
58 minutes ago, edo said:

perths name on that?? what times that Ruzzi 

That's the fax for 12pm Thursday but I'd presume that it will begin to make headway across the country prior to that. 

56 minutes ago, More Snow said:

Can I ask what that things is just off the north coast?? and does it mean I'm set for a total tonking??

That's one of them prickly troughs, only seen during the best wintry spells ??‍♂️ 

Or in other words, mate I don't have a bloody clue ? It's a trough of some description, I just don't know what the prickles on it mean 

In relation to that trough I mentioned for tomorrow that was showing on the fax charts, the MetO radar forecast shows it up quite nicely aswell 

first image is 9am, second is 12pm

IMG_8485.PNG

IMG_8486.PNG

• Thanks 2

23cm so far - the highest total since 2010, and the largest snowfall since either 28th November 2010 or 12th March 2006. Adding all the previous events this winter together only just surpasses the snow currently in the ground. A maximum temperature of -3C at Glasgow airport - since 1973, the third February ice day (-1C 16th 1979, 0C 3rd 2010), the latest ice day recorded aswell as the coldest maximum recorded in February or the second half of winter in the last 45 years. Some end to the meteorological winter.

• Like 3

Been horrendous/brilliant here tonight. A good 10 cm minimum and the road up to the Naval Base loooks to be getting near being cut off. Could be major issues in the morning if people have to get there.

15 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

How much snow has there been in the red warning

Depends on the area of the red warning, my location has had just over a foot give or take.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

Good pics Stu, took a walk round dalziel estate earlier.Not often you see everything so thickly covered especially on March 1st.

Cheers, I was wanting to go a bit further round the town but my wife made me promise not to go out in the car! 

well @Hawesy i have you until 2am and we are up to 11cm here and the way its going will be a few more by morning so will do another measure then

also going to hope that trough tomorrow decides to miss Central belt and come further North 

wake up @TinyTimwe are getting some crackers of showers 

• Like 4