Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
4 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

Just started here !!  ... And there's a whole queue of them lining up behind as well :-)

Yup, multiple blobs lined up due east of us way way back into the North Sea and all heading due west. Virtually impossible to avoid lots more cms overnight :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted

No idea where the BBC get their stats. I'm assuming they use Met Office stations like Gogarbank? That's the only reason why Edinburgh would be top. The posts on here prove there has been heavier snow elsewhere - but I guess the totals would be unofficial? No idea if Meteogroup use Met Office locations or base it on ppn charts?

_100221892_snow_map-nc.png

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, 101_North said:

No idea where the BBC get their stats. I'm assuming they use Met Office stations like Gogarbank? That's the only reason why Edinburgh would be top. The posts on here prove there has been heavier snow elsewhere - but I guess the totals would be unofficial? 

Got twenty cm with drifts 1-2ft here....

Posted
8 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

Anyone in Glasgow city centre? Must be bad just now? 

Someone has built an igloo on George Square!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
20 minutes ago, edo said:

crazily 3 miles out here in Luncarty ive had 2 epic showers and getting on for 8-9 cm which ordinarily id be delighted with if was not viewing this thread and getring snow envy 

defo picking up some great showers  i would say last 2 have delivered 3 cm alone in last 30 mins

@hawesy you just never know... could be an epic comeback

intense shower just now

I've taken your snowless mantle, you'll be delighted I'm sure. I was sure from the start this would be a no-event for here and so it's proved. I spent the day on firewood detail so made the most of the dryness but even working hard I had more layers on than ever before.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
18 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

Anyone in Glasgow city centre? Must be bad just now? 

Yep. One of those talcum powder showers. At this rate we'll soon have the Glaswegian version of the 100 words for snow that eskimos/Sami/Inuit people use.

Edited by Glaswegianblizzard
I'll get it right eventually.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
Just now, 101_North said:

No idea where the BBC get their stats. I'm assuming they use Met Office stations like Gogarbank? That's the only reason why Edinburgh would be top. The posts on here prove there has been heavier snow elsewhere - but I guess the totals would be unofficial? 

Says thats the forecast until Friday so think its a bit of a lazy estimate. Can't see Edinburgh coming top even with 2 days to go. It would be Gogarbank though "officially" as the recording station. I have no idea what its like currently on the western periphery of town to be honest.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, jamieson87 said:

Constant heavy snow in Eh14 for the last half hour 

Meant to ask earlier - you must up this direction too?

Posted

Astonishing. Epic. Spectacular. Mental. Insane. I'm running out of words to describe what's happening. I have never seen anything like this. What a remarkable event - one that will be remembered for a long time to come.

• Like 7

Posted
2 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Meant to ask earlier - you must up this direction too?

Wester Hailes. Was quiet from around 1800 to 2030 but really heavy since then. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, jamieson87 said:

Wester Hailes. Was quiet from around 1800 to 2030 but really heavy since then. 

How deep is it there? Not far away but curious if the slightly extra height ASL makes a difference?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Have just been getting clipped off that big streamer going through Glasgow for the last half an hour. 

Within the next twenty minutes areas just 5 miles or so South of Glasgow city centre join the fun again!  

1A4648ED-C5B8-4536-A635-3E2BBCFBA398.png

Edited by Mr Frost
Glasgow as in Glasgow City Centre!
  • Like 3

Posted
Just now, Mr Frost said:

Have just been getting clipped off that big streamer going through Glasgow for the last half an hour. 

Within the next twenty minutes areas just 5 miles or so South of Glasgow join the fun again!  

Hope so.  Been quiet here in Bellshill for a fair wee stretch now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow
3 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Within the next twenty minutes areas just 5 miles or so South of Glasgow join the fun again!  

Hopefully they won't die out before reaching here, I think I am being too greedy wanting more though :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D
26 minutes ago, edo said:

you guys not getting these showers last 30 mins..... tanking it down here 

@edo snowing here (broxden) roads are white again & footprints all covered up with fresh snow??  New target 7cm ? 

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, 101_North said:

How deep is it there? Not far away but curious if the slightly extra height ASL makes a difference?

I'd take a measurement but I'm in my pj's now and may die if I venture outside 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Nothing much been happening here for the last few hours. Everything has been missing to the north or south. 

I'm going to find @More Snow's house tomorrow and dismantle the industrial sized snow hoover that I'm sure he brought with him when he moved up here. It shouldn't be difficult to find, just head towards the center of all the local snow clouds. It may be slightly more difficult to reach though due to the depth of snow around his gaff. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)
10 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Glad you mentioned that! Hope it won't die out beforehand, wondering if the City Centre have been hit hard in past hour as main band was sitting north of Glasgow to city centre.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow
2 minutes ago, More Snow said:

greatest snow shower ever....:rofl:

Go and post that in the nut house :D