Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
1 minute ago, More Snow said:

Buried here road from house to main road is blocked and I'm down to my last half of a bottle of buckfast..:drunk-emoji:

That's serious. Won't Tesco airlift you some in?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis
Just now, snowidea said:

Thundersnow my first ever. Also video of mini back garden blizzard. 

TRIM_20180228_200637.mp4

Good catch - was same here. Just too slow to film it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

That's serious. Won't Tesco airlift you some in?

Nope.. and Costcutter not having any of it either. looks like my beer stash will have to be broken into.

Posted

Aaaarrrggggghhhhhhh!!! My b*stard outside lights blown and I've no chance of getting it fixed tonight! I won't cope without being able to run into the kitchen and flick it on every 5 mins :wallbash:

Posted

Well...

Snowing here, but blowing around in the wind... last measurement was about 4cm, so I suppose I should be satisfied as its creeping towards the 2 inches I said I'd be happy with :)

Still gobsmacked at some of the depths elsewhere though and feel solidarity for the rest of the Perth contingent as we're all suffering together ;)

Tim

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Aaaarrrggggghhhhhhh!!! My b*stard outside lights blown and I've no chance of getting it fixed tonight! I won't cope without being able to run into the kitchen and flick it on every 5 mins :wallbash:

Not just me that does that then...:rofl:

Posted

Brief showers been the order of the day and nothing since 5pm - most of the activity seems to have been to the north and south of here.

Surprisingly temperature has remained around -4C since 4pm - wind has dropped markedly and the sky is clear so was expecting a rapid drop in temperature.

It's a bright moon tonight allowing the lying snow to sparkle quite wonderfully.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
7 minutes ago, 101_North said:

I have to open the back door and wave my arm around to trigger mine.

I've 3 spare bulbs for it. :wink:

Posted
13 hours ago, Northernlights said:

No more overnight but its  -7c.Will tr.y to go to Spring Show in Inverurie today.

Well made it the Spring Show just a  few blowing bits of snow in the Glens of Foundland but cold at -5c on car thermometer most of the way there.More snow further east with 2 to 3 feet drifts at edge of road.Car covered in ice when we got home

Had a good day with three firsts in the neep section including biggest neep and overall champion in this section.

Just odd lighter showers all day at home and currently  moonlit and -8.5c. Its going to be a cold one

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
15 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

Hammering doon again :-) Looks like a nice wee line forming too !

Yup, looking good for a few more cms.

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, 101_North said:

best you get it sorted 101 as were upwind of you and its blootering down again !!

• Like 1

Posted

YET more snow and looks like set in for a while again. This is truly ...........................becoming the greatest event i've ever witnessed

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

There is plenty more to come guys, just look at all those showers beefing up our in the North Sea. We probably have another 12 hours of this!

Posted
2 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

best you get it sorted 101 as were upwind of you and its blootering down again !!

Yep hammering down again! I'll be very close to @Hawesy prediction at this rate. In fact the street outside is around 20cm level already! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D
13 minutes ago, TinyTim said:

Well...

Snowing here, but blowing around in the wind... last measurement was about 4cm, so I suppose I should be satisfied as its creeping towards the 2 inches I said I'd be happy with :)

Still gobsmacked at some of the depths elsewhere though and feel solidarity for the rest of the Perth contingent as we're all suffering together ;)

Tim

Yip @TinyTim ? I hoped to beat 2010 but looks like we're lucky to get 6cm at the rate ?

Edited by Allyw12
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Hello Edinburgh are you ok? Looks like yer getting pumped with snaw just now? :D

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, Allyw12 said:

Yip @TinyTim ? I hoped to beat 2010 but looks like lucky if we get 6cm at the rate ?

Ally 

Yes, was hoping for that too, especially after all the build up.  But hey-ho, I'm not bitter *sobs at the lack of snow* At least being in here has helped ease the pain :)

Tim

• Like 1