Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

8 inches now and plenty more yet to come if the radar is anything to go by and then of course we have overnight into tomorrow morning too. This could end up being 15 inches plus! :bomb:

The neighbours must be getting confused by me shouting "wow 8 inches now it keeps getting bigger"

Edited by WhiteXmas
  • Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, LeithRayOfSunshine said:

Certainly right over @101_North Looks like he might need to get more Single Malt in :ninja:

I've already made a run to lidl for more "supplies" 

Still working away, fair play to them. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Heavy snow on again here after a quiet spell -1.5C / -7.2C must be getting on for 7-8 inches deep in places :D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Heavy snow back on here again , sky is just laden with snow! 

Measured 10cm of snow earlier this afternoon in windy conditions but it’s drifting so much it’s hard to find a good spot to measure. Snow drifts are huge now, Ruler just disappeared 

Goodness knows if this keeps up how much snow we’ll have in the morning. Good job schools are shut again. . 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
2 minutes ago, snowy owl said:

Heavy snow back on here again , sky is just laden with snow! 

Measured 10cm of snow earlier this afternoon in windy conditions but it’s drifting so much it’s hard to find a good spot to measure. Snow drifts are huge now, Ruler just disappeared 

Goodness knows if this keeps up how much snow we’ll have in the morning. Good job schools are shut again. . 

Where are you in East Lothian Snowy ? Just trying to work out if I'm downwind of you or not !

Posted
1 minute ago, 101_North said:

Cue the inevitable stupid questions on the radio about how Scandinavia copes but Scotland doesn't  :wallbash:

I expect there will be days of this kind of media sh1te to come, whipping punters into a frenzy against govt/councils, transport companies, why weren't the gritters out earlier etc etc etc

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!
3 minutes ago, LeithRayOfSunshine said:

Where are you in East Lothian Snowy ? Just trying to work out if I'm downwind of you or not !

I’m heading back towards lammermuirs (behind Tranent /elphinstone ) roughly. Catching this stream just now , really heavy snow . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, snowy owl said:

I’m heading back towards lammermuirs (behind Tranent /elphinstone ) roughly. Catching this stream just now , really heavy snow . 

Gotcha, thanks ! In principle Edinburgh is more or less in line with what you've got...keeping my eyes on the radar again... :good:

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

Started again here so be with you soon :-)

Grand. I'm looking out for the Dunbar/Tranent-Elphinstone/Duddingston/Leith streamer as the night goes on !

Edited by LeithRayOfSunshine
  • Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, JoeShmoe said:

Looks like for Edinburgh were looking at showers hitting Dunbar getting through to here .. that;s been the trajectory all afternoon

Yeah think you're right.

• Like 1

Posted

I have never seen snow like this in my life! Blowing a horizontal hoolie so it just looks like fog. Tracked it sauntering up the Forth. 12 yr old away out to play ??

Posted

Just heard the kiss of death for the rest of this cold spell. BBC National news just said "and there's a lot more snow to come". That is usually the ultimate jinx !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
17 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Cue the inevitable stupid questions on the radio about how Scandinavia copes but Scotland doesn't  :wallbash:

I know someone who told me about being caught in blizzards in Iceland (not Scandi I realise but the same issues apply) and even there when there was too much snow everyone was told to hunker down until the worst of it past. Not sure many places would have coped particularly well with that today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1