Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

I'd feel much more excited about this red warning if I didn't have a niece working in North Berwick currently trying to convince her boss to let her drive home early to a village along the coast road.... :( 

Other niece and this niece's boyfriend got let out from their works early, but little niece's boss seems to be totally thick. Grr. 

• Sad 1

Heavy snow here at work in Greenock. Can never remember seeing anything like this in Greenock at sea level in the 14 years I have worked here.

Waiting to hear if we are going to close. Drive home will be very difficult.

Edited by JamesM
  • Like 1

Welcome from Yorkshire. We're doing alright down here, but nothing compared to what you guys are getting at the moment, and look likely to get for the rest of the afternoon.

I'm Interested in knowing what depths you've got so far? And an idea of drift sizes? About 10cm here, most of which fell in about an hour this morning. Added to the 5cm we got yesterday, so not bad!

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Serac said:

Gaps between white outs reducing now. Getting near constant. 

This is moving into epic territory now

Yes, had about 10min break here and the sun came out.   Back on again now though and that has been from 10am basically.:)

Looks like thumping down fog!:D

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 2

Happy to hear so many snaw stories from others, but i'm still watching too much slide by just to the south of me.  I thought being relatively high up on an east facing hill would have see me covered by now.