Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, edo said:

its quality mate

we deserve this lol 

anybody is englandshire getting anything..... been too excited following us to even look UK wide 

some thundersnaw approaching east anglia 

5a95eccb6ba71_ScreenShot2018-02-27at23_28_21.thumb.png.1884ded5df43b764ec4fb6c95f706dc9.png

A think a few of us will see/hear some tomorrow :yahoo:

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, edo said:

lolz of course mate.... im not some mad mad from the model thread.... like OTR i love to see everyone have copious amounts of snaw... 

Appreciate it Edo, all your comments tonight have made me smile. I've a nephew in Edinburgh and he's thoroughly p****d off that he's got very little snow. If it's any consolation I spoke with another nephew in Shawlands, Glasgow and they've just a light dusting.......but it's still coming down in Motherwell as I type?

• Haha 1

Well I'm off to bed now, another really heavy shower coming through at the moment although not quite as squally as the last one. I thought it could be impressive but the depths we've reached so far here in such a short space of time have been incredible and this is only the start of the proper snow potential. 

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, 101_North said:

It's like a dense fog blowing about. Not seen anything like it!!

With the kids now off school tomorrow we could have some fun to look forward to! I'm err...... 'working' from home :D

jammy.... im in at 7 am tomorrow but will get a lunchtime finish maybe 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, ECOSSE1650 said:

Appreciate it Edo, all your comments tonight have made me smile. I've a nephew in Edinburgh and he's thoroughly p****d off that he's got very little snow. If it's any consolation I spoke with another nephew in Shawlands, Glasgow and they've just a light dusting.......but it's still coming down in Motherwell as I type?

im happy now.... 1 big mad shower was all it took

and now have a soft spot for the new snaw capital of scotland..... motherwell 

edit 

ooft heres a 2nd big mad shower 

Edited by edo
  • Haha 3

And the next shower begins.

Feels weird as all the house lights in my street are off which is very unusual so everyone appears to have gone to bed to keep cosy. That is apart from me who is staring out the window lampost watching

• Haha 2

Quick update from here: absolutely Baltic oot (or more accurately, Siberian). Only a covering of snaw yet, but am keeping the faith that we'll get whumphed over the next several days. Gauge currently reading -3.1/-9C, but that Beasterly wind is brutal: will scythe through yer bits till they're bits & pieces. Night all and 'MON THE SNAW! 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Norrance said:

And the next shower begins.

Feels weird as all the house lights in my street are off which is very unusual so everyone appears to have gone to bed to keep cosy. That is apart from me who is staring out the window lampost watching

I went out to take a few measurements and have 8cms measured on flat ground (no grass) in my front garden.

3 minutes ago, Sawel said:

I went out to take a few measurements and have 8cms measured on flat ground (no grass) in my front garden.

Mine will have to wait for morning though I don't think that I am far behind.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

Am I weird that I get turned on looking at this....?

F73CB4E8-F908-493C-90CA-4B517962351C.thumb.gif.93f0f353bf4625445d51404f23e91fa5.gif

It looks even more awesome in numbers, we might mention this snowy period now and again in years to come:

Screenshot_20180228-001817.thumb.jpg.dae8bc75f162059fd8b9c71625c917e1.jpg

I live somewhere between the 65 and the 39. 

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, Penicuikblizzard said:

When are the coldest uppers due to arrive??

Between about now and 9am. Last time we had uppers like this was 1991. It's possible you'll never experience uppers like this again in your lifetime.

Edited by Sawel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1