Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind driven falling snow
    Just now, jellybaby1969 said:

Fair enough, just sounded like you were railing against the advice. Sorry for my overly negative reaction.

• Like 1
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 6.4k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

Posted

It appears the wind is veering to more of a straight easterly. Perth should see more snow showers from now. Some red now appearing on the radar in the showers in the North Sea.

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sunshine

walking with a white highland terrier in this weather is a nightmare! every shower since i got home from work has been more and more heavy and this is before the amber warning comes into affect didnt expect this amount of snow already!!!!

@LomondSnowstorm whats it going to be like when the showers come more east to west in whitburn will it still be as intense as these ones tonight

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.
    12 minutes ago, Ross B said:

Here's an alternative snow covered bench for you all from snowy Durham, had to take a screenshot as it wouldn't upload :rofl:

Screenshot_20180227-214539.png

**** me, Martian snaw!

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Baltic
    8 minutes ago, tiff said:

Looks like a big snow missile heading for Fife :)

Fife cooncil would still try and keep the schools open even if that was a direct hit, bunch of miserable B£$%&*@ :nea:

EDIT! they have just announced the closures in Fife, must have seen the torpedo :rofl:

Edited by ghoneym
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sunshine
    1 minute ago, ghoneym said:

Fife cooncil would still try and keep the schools open even if that was a direct hit, bunch of miserable B£$%&*@ :nea:

Fife schools are to Shut tomorrow just seen it on twitter

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Can’t wait to roll aboot in that after work :D

Might draw a big willy on the managers car :spiteful:

1E1A7EB1-DC11-4028-B435-5F6960C70CEE.thumb.jpeg.bd83248536403ee5ccfdd86aeb5207ab.jpeg

Posted
  • Location: Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire (this lockdown) Freuchie, Fife (normally)
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time
  • Location: Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire (this lockdown) Freuchie, Fife (normally)
    2 minutes ago, Michael Kaii said:

walking with a white highland terrier in this weather is a nightmare! every shower since i got home from work has been more and more heavy and this is before the amber warning comes into affect didnt expect this amount of snow already!!!!

@LomondSnowstorm whats it going to be like when the showers come more east to west in whitburn will it still be as intense as these ones tonight

I'd think you should still be well positioned, your location lucked out a bit with the streamers tonight but West Lothian also does well from straight easterlies so I reckon you should still get a pasting tomorrow as well:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind driven falling snow
    8 minutes ago, A Winter's Tale said:

It appears the wind is veering to more of a straight easterly. Perth should see more snow showers from now. Some red now appearing on the radar in the showers in the North Sea.

I can still see quite a northerly element, or am I seeing things? At very most ENE. Could well be me, it's been a long day.

Edited by CatchMyDrift
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal
    2 minutes ago, ECOSSE1650 said:

Shhhhh, don't tell Perth, but it's snowing again in Motherwell.

Nah we are glad for you really (and everyone on here). We just hope to be able to more suitably join in too. Fingers firmly crossed though 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

We have been having about 1 heavy shower an hour here since tea time and the snow is slowly accumulating.   We still have a northerly element to the wind yet though.  Wind really picks up during a shower and blows it around everywhere then drops back to almost calm again.   LSS take on things is encouraging though.

You don't normally see anything on the local webcam at night but you can tonight as the sky is quite light with another shower kicking off.  

static_weathercams.php.jpg

• Like 2
    Posted

Snowing again.  Awaiting some heavier falls now.  Anyone for a Danish?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)
    12 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

Can’t wait to roll aboot in that after work :D

Might draw a big willy on the managers car :spiteful:

1E1A7EB1-DC11-4028-B435-5F6960C70CEE.thumb.jpeg.bd83248536403ee5ccfdd86aeb5207ab.jpeg

Haha brilliant! Usually Castlemilk  (where i am located) follows East Kilbride when it comes to snow but not this time so far we have only got covering on the payments/roads, hoping for a change once the wind direction changes. 

• Like 2
    Posted
    3 minutes ago, over_the_rainbow said:

Nah we are glad for you really (and everyone on here). We just hope to be able to more suitably join in too. Fingers firmly crossed though 

NLC Still won't close schools.  Say they are making a decision at 7 am.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Another cracker on here now. Window showing Vikings on the TV too.

IMG_0065.JPG

• Like 8
    Posted
    18 minutes ago, Polar Gael said:

**** me, Martian snaw!

That's what snaw looks like South of the border! 

Posted

No been out with the ruler yet (I would need to get my big coat on, it looks a bit chilly). From my lampost spotting seat though I can see the moon just now and it is absolutely beautiful, so clear and bright!