Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

Posted

Tons of the wee blowy stuff streaming in sideways ?  Right, where is the ruler...

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 6.4k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Baltic

Bloody marvellous ? I've also got a 1.5cm snow drift up against the 2 wall pillars, ultra zoom required ?

Screenshot_20180227-204929.thumb.png.45a2c72581b992affd2402b0a4c9bfe6.png

20180227_204546.jpg

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
    4 minutes ago, Rickoza said:

Trust me we've missed this sort of snow for many years.  Don't deny us just this once please-)

That's a fair point mate I don't grudge it but ....... In this set up..... I'm nipping ;)

I am confident will turn though and to my Perth chums yes I expect at least 6 inches by end of tomorrow

• Like 6
    Posted

Still just a dusting here. All the showers have been tracking just to the south of me. 

It seems there is a bit of a Forth - Kilmarnock streamer going on! 

IMG_3956.thumb.PNG.49c76bf713918cc46987dec58eef217b.PNG

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
    5 minutes ago, edo said:

How the f00k can Motherwell have more snow than me

No offence Motherwell

Euro 4 looks good to end of Thursday but yet to get going here....still was not even supposed to get proper snow till early hours of tomorrow so keeping the faith before chucking the toys oot

But mother f00king well

Fae an easterly

Taking the pi55

Ouch Edo

Noo that's pure rippin it right oot ye mate! ?

Big Innes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
    4 minutes ago, edo said:

No offence Motherwell

Euro 4 looks good to end of Thursday but yet to get going here....still was not even supposed to get proper snow till early hours of tomorrow so keeping the faith before chucking the toys oot

But mother f00king well

Fae an easterly

Taking the pi55

Yeah, f00k off Motherwell :laugh: On the plus-side if the game is snawed off on Sunday at least the Hertz will still be in the cup for a few more days ! Meantime, although there's not a big lot falling here, what is coming down is swirling about the streets like St Petersburg in a spy movie.

• Like 4
    Posted
    4 minutes ago, edo said:

No offence Motherwell

But mother f00king well

Fae an easterly

Taking the pi55

If it’s any consolation, it’s stopped now.  East through north-easterly winds are one of the few directions that can actually be good for snow here, with a strong enough flow.  I expect it’ll happen again in about another 20-odd years! ?

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

A heavy shower on here. I haven't seen powdery snow blowing off the roofs like this in a long time. Doesn't really show up in the photo.

IMG_0063.JPG

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Location: Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire (this lockdown) Freuchie, Fife (normally)
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time
  • Location: Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire (this lockdown) Freuchie, Fife (normally)
    Just now, edo said:

That's a fair point mate I don't grudge it but ....... In this set up..... I'm nipping ;)

I am confident will turn though and to my Perth chums yes I expect at least 6 inches by end of tomorrow

There's just been a bit too much of a northerly component this evening for you folks. I wouldn't be too worried though - the temperature's absolutely perfect (-3C) and once the wind direction shifts due east the showers will be streaming down the Tay direct to your house I'm sure:D

Posted
    Just now, LomondSnowstorm said:

There's just been a bit too much of a northerly component this evening for you folks. I wouldn't be too worried though - the temperature's absolutely perfect (-3C) and once the wind direction shifts due east the showers will be streaming down the Tay direct to your house I'm sure:D

LSS

Excellent :) Get your shovel ready Edo.... if its heading for you, hopefully I'll see it too! :)

Tim

• Like 3
    Posted

Cheers LS and Tim yup I'm salivating looking at the radar

Is there an organised trough/front forming on satellite pics or is the amber based purely on convective?

Posted

Anyone else got an annoying work colleague who lives near them who ALWAYS makes it in even when snow is bad?

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
    1 minute ago, TinyTim said:

LSS

Excellent :) Get your shovel ready Edo.... if its heading for you, hopefully I'll see it too! :)

Tim

Hopefully soon enough to get that game at McDairmid abandoned?. 

Quite a heavy shower just easing off here now but can still see a slight NE element in the now gusty wind. 

• Like 1
    Posted
    13 minutes ago, Rickoza said:

Trust me we've missed this sort of snow for many years.  Don't deny us just this once please-)

16 minutes ago, edo said:

No offence Motherwell

But mother f00king well

Fae an easterly

Taking the pi55

It's only 8 cm.?

Posted
    1 minute ago, howham said:

Anyone else got an annoying work colleague who lives near them who ALWAYS makes it in even when snow is bad?

That describes my husband ? he’s already warned me I’ll be helping him shovel snow in the morning. He’s self employed so doesn’t take days off ?

Posted

now -5 and the layer of Snaw on all the roads here has frozen solid, just been to collect our overnight guests and I spent most of the 4 mile round trip sideways.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
    6 minutes ago, LomondSnowstorm said:

NO THERE FOOKIN HASNT

Posted
    1 minute ago, scottishandy said:

Just seen on FB that all Stirling schools closed tomorrow. Good sign/bad sign?

It's either get you skis ? ready for the bread and milk run, or they have jinxed it

Posted
    1 minute ago, ECOSSE1650 said:

It's only 8 cm.?

Happy for you :whistling:

:diablo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!
    4 minutes ago, howham said:

Yup...

image.thumb.png.968d035dce901d5acad68601bf0e1fda.png

Posted
    3 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Hopefully soon enough to get that game at McDairmid abandoned?. 

Quite a heavy shower just easing off here now but can still see a slight NE element in the now gusty wind. 

Oooh yes dainties taking a pumping