Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

What I actually popped in to say, but got side-tracked by seeing LS back home, was - have a fantastic few days, Eastern Kilties, and enjoy your walloping of snow! 

Oops, I mean snaw. Gawd, I've gone native already and it's only been three and a half years... ;)

• Like 7

Snaw shields intact, absolutely Baltic and caulder over the next few days. Hope you all get buckets o' snaw and that we have some braw pics too! :D:yahoo::cold::shok::good:

Edited by mistyqueen
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Cheggers said:

Met must be updating as warnings now out for Friday and Saturday

It's the first time I've read a warning for 5-10cm and been unfussed. Usually one of them gets me going.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Paul Martin said:

Shouldn't matter too much. You just need more of it falling for a bit longer. Coming together gradually on this side of town.

28277002_922736314575600_4431882364079994908_n.jpg

Looks like Leith is going OK so far. Only a light covering up here so far. 

2 minutes ago, Paul Martin said:

Couple of direct hits does the job. Hopefully more, bigger, heavier, longer-lasting radar blobs to come all our ways.

Fingers crossed :D Nice to get a light covering back down as the sun made light work of this mornings snow! 

• Like 1

Another heavy shower just stopped and blue sky back. It doesn't feel all that cold to me, more damp but the snow is lying. Total now according to hubby a wee bit over 5cms. (he found the cms bit on the tape measure!)

• Like 2

Nothing at all the south side of Aberdeen just yet.   Some pretty ominous looking clouds beginning to appear off the coast though.    The snow symbols on the met office for my area appear to be changing almost by the minute.  Must be a nightmare for forecasters at the moment.