Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

We have a .... don't want to say cover, more like a smattering. About the thickness of a sheet of paper ?? 1pw (paper width). 

Anyway there's a wee more organised organised band crossing the country the now on a WSW direction. It's just about to hit livingston for reference.

IMG_8318.PNG

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Morning.

Just started here at 6.45am.   Big dry flakes and blowing around in a stiff breeze.   0.5c/-1.1c/NE

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 6

When I was small... If it was snowing when you got up, it meant the adults would be tolerant of a bit of fooling about, and things might slip that day. Look at us now, headline news, emails from the H&S people, people getting stressed about whether they can still drive their Chelsea tractor with bald tyres to yoga... Rant over. 

Enjoy the day! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
5 hours ago, More Snow said:

Blizzard conditions, heaviest snaw of the winter by a long way everything covered instantly and the radar looks full of it for a good while.

Ahhhh....... you could read this and pretend it's still December:rofl:

• Like 2

Poor show in Leith. Roads, pavements, cars all wet. Millimetre thick covering on some grassy surfaces but not all of them. Instantly testing my belief on the unfolding severity of this spell which has to start getting its backside in gear here :closedeyes: *Takes deep breath*

Edited by Paul Martin
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
2 minutes ago, Paul Martin said:

Poor show in Leith. Roads, pavements, cars all wet. Millimetre thick covering on some grassy surfaces but not all of them. Instantly testing my belief on the unfolding severity of this spell which has to start getting its backside in gear here :closedeyes:

Proper cold air hits this morning. It's similar here but will get better.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Only had had a dusting here but don’t think  I will see much of the snow showers in Nairn due to the east winds 

Edited by Stuart
  • Sad 1
11 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Yeah fair to say here that until colder uppers and dew points kick in later then the coastal/estuary effect here is winning. Too marginal here until that happens.

Edited by Paul Martin