Snow?

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

Ok so BBC app is mince. Total meh from their weather app

metoffice on other hand shows it will start snowing for my location tomorrow morning .... with every hourly increment from there showing snow . Every single one (it goes out to Sunday night).  Pure and utter majestic snow madness

excited / fixated and according to my wife .... obsessed

Edited by Serac
  • Like 7

Met office have warned local authorities in this area to expect potentially 20-30cm of powder snow with drifting causing significant disruption

its doomed now

• Like 3

Latest radar image of the snow coming from Norway

99281B0A-56B1-4EB7-97A9-DFD0D4695959.thumb.jpeg.09c65adc0792a50266e8e58d4a80d93b.jpeg

Met office now have me down for heavy snow tomorrow night and most of Wednesday. If they are showing that for me in the West then there is something special on the way for many of us :)

• Like 8
1 hour ago, AugustSky said:

Hi everyone, a potentially very snowy week ahead for most of us!

I'm confused by the seemingly conflicting forecasts however - according to the Met office forecast my area shows almost constant snow between Wednesday and Sunday. But my BBC weather app on my phone shows hardly any snow, a few showers in the morning of Tues and Wed then almost nothing from Thurs to Sunday? Why the huge discrepancy? 

Don't use the BBC :)

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, ECOSSE1650 said:

Snow falling lightly in Motherwell at 1200.

Can see it from the office here.  Much earlier than forecast, usual suspects had us with a light shower tomorrow afternoon.  Bring on the streamer please!

21 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

Latest radar image of the snow coming from Norway

99281B0A-56B1-4EB7-97A9-DFD0D4695959.thumb.jpeg.09c65adc0792a50266e8e58d4a80d93b.jpeg

Met office now have me down for heavy snow tomorrow night and most of Wednesday. If they are showing that for me in the West then there is something special on the way for many of us :)

:clap:

4 minutes ago, 101_North said:

P.S. - Is anyone else getting plagued by security emails every time they login? 

The server appeared to crash about 5 minutes ago but logged me back in when I refreshed the page.