Jump to content

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Hi mate 

Lovely place to visit and you picked the perfect week - looks as though there will be plenty of heavy snow showers blowing through there on Wednesday night and especially Thursday  - might be a tricky drive home though! 

Hsve a good one! 

Hey

Cheers for the welcome :) Yes im very excited! cant wait for this special week of weather... Looks like i should be fine getting there tomorrow and then the fun and games start. Its always better when i dont have to worry about getting to work :laugh:

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Winter Cold said:

Hey

Cheers for the welcome :) Yes im very excited! cant wait for this special week of weather... Looks like i should be fine getting there tomorrow and then the fun and games start. Its always better when i dont have to worry about getting to work :laugh:

In December 2010 I spent a few days in Balquhidder - a stone's throw from Strathyre. Snow depth at 63cm and daytime highs of -8°C :D

And then the Police advised no travel on the motorway network....

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GraemeB said:

@Hawesy“s predictions are going to be great.

ill give him a +/- variance allowance of 5cm either side

 

I think he should use @scottish skier picnic table in there somewhere..

 

Found these in the bookmarks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-11977382

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-11897993

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-11921718

Get ready for some more of this...!

image.thumb.png.683b0e8f8ce35e709a5392b77568d67e.png

 

Edited by lorenzo
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shuggee said:

In December 2010 I spent a few days in Balquhidder - a stone's throw from Strathyre. Snow depth at 63cm and daytime highs of -8°C :D

And then the Police advised no travel on the motorway network....

WOW nice! :good:

Ill venture out if i can but ill not be silly, those wind chill forecasts look insane! It could be very dangerous on a serious note couldnt it. Im bringing my drone though and i want some spectacular Scottish snow scenes :cold:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, GraemeB said:

@Hawesy“s predictions are going to be great.

ill give him a +/- variance allowance of 5cm either side

 

Ummmmmm your not the rulebook administrator of hawesys the depth is right 

 

He gets nothing,nada,nowt,zilch,zilcho,

 

ACH ok he can have 5% under but not a centimetre over

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The warning line is literally running over the roof of my house lol, hope the MO have underestimated the reach if it!

 

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?region=st&date=2018-02-27&regionType=area

 

Plenty of juicy amber warnings as well though - all waiting to be downgraded :D

Edited by grifter
Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful day In Edinburgh. Very cold by nightfall. I'm not convinced the average punter knows what's about to hit, especially in the East! 

Much of the country will do very well this week, and the uppers stay cold enough for snow into next weekend, with opportunities abound for those unlucky from Tuesday to Thursday.

I am wondering if further model upgrades are likely as the impact of the 2nd SSW become a apparent.

Reloads anyone? :)

20180225_205531.jpg

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, edo said:

Ummmmmm your not the rulebook administrator of hawesys the depth is right 

 

He gets nothing,nada,nowt,zilch,zilcho,

 

ACH ok he can have 5% under but not a centimetre over

I'm just wondering what line of work you're in... Loss adjuster? HMRC? Telesales supervisor? :p:D:whistling:

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so nobody knows where I work, what I do, I know that, but if I was to say through that occupation I maybe sometimes, in exceptional circumstances, when it may affect my work, etc, be party to advance warnings of exceptional weather and impact of such. Just a wee nerve settler for ye all.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Frazd103 said:

Ok, so nobody knows where I work, what I do, I know that, but if I was to say through that occupation I maybe sometimes, in exceptional circumstances, when it may affect my work, etc, be party to advance warnings of exceptional weather and impact of such. Just a wee nerve settler for ye all.

 

Ya big tease.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

I’ve got it...Avon representative? Advance warnings incase you slip or fall and are unable to deliver orders? Just a wee guess mate. :D

Nailed it. In all seriousness, those who are anxiously waiting on an order of Black Musk over next few weeks are goosed.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...