Snow?

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Penicuikblizzard said:

Any fun predictions for snow levels by the end of  the week??

Edinburgh anybody?

Princes St Gardens, 17h00 Friday - 17cm

• Like 3
1 hour ago, mardatha said:

My first was born in November and the nurse with me was Australian, she had never seen snow. She had the bloody windows wide open and the snow battering in, I thought I was goin to die of pneumonia before the baby arrived :rofl:

Mine was March 10th and it was quite a nice day!   My room also had windows (non-opaque would you believe)   Yes, remember it well, they were building the extension to Forth Park at the time and I couldn't concentrate on delivering  my daughter for fear of builders on the scaffolding opposite getting an eyeful!:rolleyes:

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, edo said:

14cm

um whos gonna get there at 5pm to measure? 

• I'll ask my pal who stays in the Grassmarket to walk his wee dog that way on Friday tea time :laugh:
6 minutes ago, shuggee said:
  • I'll ask my pal who stays in the Grassmarket to walk his wee dog that way on Friday tea time :laugh:

:Dlovely big shuggee..... sorted

lets hope he refuses because its blowing a blizzard

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, edo said:

14cm

um whos gonna get there at 5pm to measure? 

It's between my office and the bus stop :whistling:

Although the optimist in me (I can hear @Blitzen laughing already) hopes that I'm working from home :D

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, 101_North said:

It's between my office and the bus stop :whistling:

Although the optimist in me (I can hear @Blitzen laughing already) hopes that I'm working from home :D

Ah,   but the optimist in me hopes you can't get home from work!:D

Edited by Blitzen

The latest Euro4 gives a few cm across the east on Tuesday morning, it's what's coming in behind that's taken my interest. That streamer is heading west, if that hits you end on you're buried. It looks as if it's sinking slowly south as it swings west so there is potential on that for widespread snow off it:

20180225_180451.thumb.jpg.f19994b00eaaf23f30db555d486b53f0.jpg

• Like 9
2 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

The latest Euro4 gives a few cm across the east on Tuesday morning, it's what's coming in behind that's taken my interest. That streamer is heading west, if that hits you end on you're buried. It looks as if it's sinking slowly south as it swings west so there is potential on that for widespread snow off it:

We all know it’s taking aim at Broughty Ferry. Payback for all the winters I’ve endured in a snow desert. :D

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

I think that I would prefer it if it moves due West as would Mr H I think.?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Allyw12 said:

Hi ??

Do you think thunder snow is possibility?  Always remember being woken by the thunder snow in 2010 and then looking outside to seeing the snow ??❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️?

Yes there is a high chance with such an unstable and cold flow at this time of the year although the nearer you are to the east coast increases the possibilty as do any streamers,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Allyw12 said:

Hi ??

Do you think thunder snow is possibility?  Always remember being woken by the thunder snow in 2010 and then looking outside to seeing the snow ??❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️?

Definitely a possibility. I have never experienced it so fingers crossed. If it's happening it is most likely on Wednesday when the extremely cold air is over us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's getting chilly out ❄️❄️

Currently 0.4 degrees - and I know this because after blathering on about the weather for the last few winters the other half surprised me with a wee weather station ?  Only problem is I'm now being asked question like 'what's a dew point?', 'what does this number mean', 'is that humidity good?'  No idea pal, but I can tell you the temperature in the kitchen and outside at the north facing wall of the shed.

25 minutes ago, Allyw12 said:

Hi ??

Lightning is being mentioned in the Amber warning on Weds so the ingredients are there

2502amber2weds.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3