Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow
    8 minutes ago, mistyqueen said:

Just checked the snowfall charts for next week, compared to this morning we are in for even less snow than forecast earlier! Ach well, disnae look like the temps are dropping any though! :cold:

In this kind of setup anything is possible. Once the cold air is in place then a few surprises can pop up and snow could fall anywhere even on Skye :)

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 6.4k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
    33 minutes ago, mistyqueen said:

Just checked the snowfall charts for next week, compared to this morning we are in for even less snow than forecast earlier! Ach well, disnae look like the temps are dropping any though! :cold:

Originally I thought that the islands might miss out MQ but the latest runs show everywhere/anywhere could pick up something now?

IMG_1760.thumb.PNG.35dd2bb65b4c3306943c6b378d59313e.PNG

Edited by Blitzen
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
    43 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

If that GFS comes off...goodbye.

Got any pets in the hoose ? I'd start ranking them now in terms of edibility.

• Like 3
    Posted
    3 minutes ago, Paul Martin said:

Got any pets in the hoose ? I'd start ranking them now in terms of edibility.

Say goodnight Clyde! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
    Just now, Hairy Celt said:

'Here, kitty, kitty' takes a different meaning...

Day 10 in the snowed in Catch household. "Mummy this mince tastes funny".:cold:

Posted
    1 minute ago, Paul Martin said:

"Clyde! Where's yer dad?"

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

I quite fancy a bit of <edited in the interests of community spirit apparently>

Edited by Hairy Celt
    Posted
    1 hour ago, GraemeB said:

In 10 years from now, we'll all be standing in the post office queue reminiscing about The Spring of 2018.

Corrected :-)

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
    2 hours ago, mardatha said:

Did we lose More Snow? He's been very quiet - is he maybe still buried in snaw up there :shok:?!

I've been thinking that, could we all tag him and ask him to come back. @More Snow we miss you 

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frosty, snow....lots of snow! Oh....and more snow!

Hi folks! I’ve been reading through the comments on the Models thread and trying to understand them ?‍♀️ but it all seems to focus on Southern England?! Surely it’s not just down there that’s getting all the fun? Do I need to dust of my snow shovel?

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Wow just wow! These charts are truly amazing! I’m now slightly apprehensive lol ! However so looking forward to watching this unfold. What an amazing time to enjoy our fab Scottish thread and everyone’s banter . 

• Like 4
    Posted
    4 minutes ago, Landylou said:

Do I need to dust of my snow shovel?

I'd make sure it's handy :D

• Like 1
    Posted
    6 minutes ago, Landylou said:

Hi folks! I’ve been reading through the comments on the Models thread and trying to understand them ?‍♀️ but it all seems to focus on Southern England?! Surely it’s not just down there that’s getting all the fun? Do I need to dust of my snow shovel?

In short, yes, I really hope so!!  How much is another matter... but if we don't see anything, well...

I've got my fingers crossed that too much might be the problem rather than too little, but we'll see ;)

Tim

Edited by TinyTim
    • Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind driven falling snow
    7 minutes ago, Landylou said:

You're better in here. We're clinically insane but we'll keep you right :)

If the charts are right some of us will be getting a very thick blanket of snow.

• Like 6
    Posted

Hi guys, last post was at tail end of 2010 spell I think. Been an avid lurker ever since and have followed model thread over the in between period. Signed in again the other day as it looks like something brewing. Looking forward to it and let's not leave it 8 years again! From somewhat snow starved Rosyth.......

• Like 7
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow
    3 minutes ago, Landylou said:

Better stick to this thread, many of the posts in the model thread are mostly SE England related as if the rest of UK don’t exist. Someone in there said that Scotland won’t do very well lol. Perth will do very well in my opinion so have yer shovel ready :)

• Like 3
    Posted
    1 minute ago, Frazd103 said:

Hi guys, last post was at tail end of 2010 spell I think. Been an avid lurker ever since and have followed model thread over the in between period. Signed in again the other day as it looks like something brewing. Looking forward to it and let's not leave it 8 years again! From somewhat snow starved Rosyth.......

Welcome back :D

• Like 3
    • Thanks 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow
    2 hours ago, GraemeB said:

In 10 years from now, we'll all be standing in the post office queue reminiscing about The Winter of 2018.

Or maybe not...:nonono:

B62EB1E9-D644-4269-A788-37E0ED09BB0B.thumb.jpeg.fdaeade8fddd129c8e584f3d0748e275.jpeg

Edited by DR(S)NO
    • Like 1
    Posted
    2 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Welcome back :D

To be fair, I've never really been away, just on mute. Your pain in Currie in terms of snaw starvation has been felt by me too.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind driven falling snow
    1 hour ago, Paul Martin said:

Thankfully I'm the only one who cooks in the house...plus the kids will be back at their mum's on Sunday. So it looks like it's Clyde or MrsC getting eaten, I don't fancy cat or bearded dragon. 

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frosty, snow....lots of snow! Oh....and more snow!
    8 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

Better stick to this thread, many of the posts in the model thread are mostly SE England related as if the rest of UK don’t exist. Someone in there said that Scotland won’t do very well lol. Perth will do very well in my opinion so have yer shovel ready :)

That’s the part that had me worried ?‍♀️ It honestly feels like we don’t exist in there! 

• Like 1