Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

A graupel/wet snow mix now here. 1.1C.

Posted
3 minutes ago, frogesque said:

Don't know but it went from orange through red to a silly violet Colorado. Getting dark now.

Possibly just a red sunset above thin cloud but it was really weird.

Similar here. The fake sun is courtesy of a ball light from Ikea. ?

06FEA577-1139-4C39-B0C1-B5FCC9209329.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Horizontal rain up here, snaw disappearing fast! We have reached the heady temperature of 4.4c and we've had a 40.8mph blast of wind. So, back to normal for Skye then!

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Sawel said:

Started snowing properly 15 mins ago

IMG_20180121_171333655.jpg

Different world, plain rain down here in the Ferry. Obviously now it’s raining getting the precipitation isn’t a problem, it’s quite wet out! :D

• Like 1

Posted

Drizzle and low cloud.

A great few days. I have not far off 23cms which is the most I've had in years.

IMG_3665.thumb.JPG.74a8117fb72e275305e8a0d56b46b547.JPG

IMG_3646.thumb.JPG.c9a765324e9ca019009db2f7673d10c2.JPG

• Like 9

well that was fun, thought I would take a drive to the nearest shop for some beer and blimey its smashing it down with big fat flakes. I don't pick up my 4x4 until Friday so the drive back was a bit tricky..

Posted

I must live in one of the few current snow-free areas in Scotland. The radar indicated there might have been some white stuff falling this afternoon - but no - all is green and brown, around here. Just ventured to the wood shed to stock up on the evening log supply and a fine drizzle is falling.:closedeyes:

However, spent last night in Glasgow, visiting rels, and the journey home this afternoon was slow and extremely unpleasant. Heavy snow on leaving Glasgow around mid-day until the Perthshire section of the A9, followed by a light flurry of wet stuff in Dundee. According to the car, temp varied from -3C - 0C along the route. There were many gritters on duty, though, which obviated possible major traffic problems.

0C here at present with little wind.  Overcast.

• Like 3

Posted

Light misty type rain here after what looks like quite a decent fall this afternoon, was in Lanarkshire over weekend, quite a depth they have there and hairy driving; was another inch or so fell when I was over there. Almost got stuck getting back here up the final little steep hill!

Posted
6 minutes ago, ciel said:

I must live in one of the few current snow-free areas in Scotland. The radar indicated there might have been some white stuff falling this afternoon - but no - all is green and brown, around here. Just ventured to the wood shed to stock up on the evening log supply and a fine drizzle is falling.:closedeyes:

However, spent last night in Glasgow, visiting rels, and the journey home this afternoon was slow and extremely unpleasant. Heavy snow on leaving Glasgow around mid-day until the Perthshire section of the A9, followed by a light flurry of wet stuff in Dundee. According to the car, temp varied from -3C - 0C along the route. There were many gritters on duty, though, which obviated possible major traffic problems.

0C here at present with little wind.  Overcast.

You mustn’t be too far away from some form of precipitation http://www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/local/webcams/cairnomount/ 

Here in Aberdeen city things are similiar to the picture in the Ferry. Rain.

Posted
12 minutes ago, doctormog said:

You mustn’t be too far away from some form of precipitation http://www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/local/webcams/cairnomount/ 

Here in Aberdeen city things are similiar to the picture in the Ferry. Rain.

I haven't stepped outside again, but peering through the window.....still light drizzle.

That particular webcam you linked to pictures the northern snow-gate on the Cairn. There was another webcam on the southern gate at Clattering Brig, but I haven't been able to be able to access it recently. It might be out of order at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms

Ahhh drizzle how i missed you 

Seriously what a week this has been  I've only been a member on netweather since 2013 and I've never witnessed this thread buzzing like it has this week. absolutely brilliant with the commentary and the photos  and of course the Scottish banter.

Hopefully it will be the same again in 2 weeks time .I'm going back to work now to get some much needed rest 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Back to graupel here. Leaving a slushy cover on clear bits but softening the little lying snow we have. 0.7C.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

And it's all turned back tae standard Scottish pish again. Dreich drizzle and drip drip.

Right, when's the next cauld snap due?

• Like 4

Well what a bloody week that was... most of us have seen some snow, some of you lucky buggers have seen an absolute once in a lifetime Westerly. and although only getting 1cm at the max its been brilliant to see the buzz in here and the photos have been great to see. so now I may pop back into the nut house thread to when the next cold and snaw is coming, may even stir things up while I'm in there...:yahoo:

Edited by Guest