Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero
19 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

If the snow will not come to Hawesy then Hawesy will seek out the snow. Beautiful day in Glen Tilt and very quiet.

Aww, looks warm in that sun! Were they any ski tourers about in the glen?

Posted
22 minutes ago, Benvironment said:

Aww, looks warm in that sun! Were they any ski tourers about in the glen?

I didn’t meet any but could see their tracks. It was glorious in the sun. Glad I remembered the suncream! 

Posted

Cold one thus evening. Car reading -5 and the roads are just sheet ice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms

-6.1c just now which I'm quite surprised at seeing as there's 17cm of lovely squeaky snow on the ground and the temp was already -4 at 4 o'clock this afternoon

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero
58 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

I didn’t meet any but could see their tracks. It was glorious in the sun. Glad I remembered the suncream! 

Yep every year there are lobsters on the slopes because folk think you can't burn when it's cold. Factor 30 today for me.....but then I burn through cloud in January ;-)

• Like 1

Posted

Frustration again today.  Sunny, cold and dry but could see loads of large shower clouds just out of reach.  I think one even passed through Ellon which is only 6 miles away.

7 minutes ago, howham said:

Frustration again today.  Sunny, cold and dry but could see loads of large shower clouds just out of reach.  I think one even passed through Ellon which is only 6 miles away.

We got one between 6pm and 7pm gave a covering on all surfaces.. but now clear and very very cold.

Posted
23 minutes ago, More Snow said:

We got one between 6pm and 7pm gave a covering on all surfaces.. but now clear and very very cold.

I could see snow falling on the horizon!

ive got to say it.... some bloody fantastic photos in here the last few days truly stunning stuff and so chuffed to bits that so many of you got some snaw luck.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wild!
8 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

GFS 18z for Friday!

E6A5D29C-EED1-471D-886B-385DC54624BF.thumb.png.8ac6e89a6dcc72596fb66b91d3c7248c.png

back in winters deep cold air ! 

Groan... so much snow. Been so cold. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!

Just been up to the car park at East Lomond in the van- really strange, temp was -1.5 and deep snow, but it's -4 here in East Wemyss by the sea..?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
3 minutes ago, BurntFishTrousers said:

Currently -7.1 . Have a box of wine in car boot. It'll no freeze will it? :pardon:

Not if you drink it!

Posted
21 minutes ago, tiff said:

Just been up to the car park at East Lomond in the van- really strange, temp was -1.5 and deep snow, but it's -4 here in East Wemyss by the sea..?

On clear nights like this cold air sinks to lower ground so glens will be colder than hillsides and even low-lying coastal areas will be colder than surrounding hills provided there is no onshore breeze. That’s why the coldest temperatures recorded in Scotland have been in places like Braemar and Altnaharra and not at the summit of the Cairngorms or Ben Nevis.

Edited by Hawesy
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, BurntFishTrousers said:

Currently -7.1 . Have a box of wine in car boot. It'll no freeze will it? :pardon:

Drink it quick.... ive just had to bring in the Buckie and the beer...:drunk-emoji::drunk-emoji: