Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

@scottish skier et al, anyone give me a state of the road for the A68? Family looking to head up tomorrow as niece has interview at Edinburgh uni, and just looking at all possible routs as A66 may not be great for my mother to drive.

Posted

3c here and raining still scars of snow next dykes and fences where small drifts formed so still a very barren wintry looking scene.Pigeons finishing off th winter rape next door to in spite of the flash bangs going off ,they just circle and land again until the next one goes off .They are not stupid a man with a gun much more effective. .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
10 minutes ago, Cheggers said:

@scottish skier et al, anyone give me a state of the road for the A68? Family looking to head up tomorrow as niece has interview at Edinburgh uni, and just looking at all possible routs as A66 may not be great for my mother to drive.

It's totally fine from Earlston N. to Edinburgh. I've no idea further South, but I imagine it's clear enough now.

There's some impressive drifts to stare in awe at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Been raining here most of the day and feels very raw. Current temp 4.6c. Ye can keep yer white stuff! :cold::cold:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Between 1 & 2C and heavy rain, there isn't a word invented to adequately describe this kind of weather and the resulting awful mess it's making of all the lovely snow.

My now soggy piles have drooped and are looking rather sad for themselves. Need a good freeze to set them solid for a few weeks of slow shrinkage. 

• Like 4

Posted

@CatchMyDrift @Ravelin I remember the January 1987 easterly ended the same way.....days of cold grey and drizzle, though I don’t remember there being such heavy rain. I suppose it’s the price you pay for an easterly snowfest given for the rest of the year an easterly usually brings murk and gloom with it (on the coast at least). A nice quick build of high pressure overhead would have been ideal!

@Cheggers Just rain, I think. Any meaningful snow should be restricted to higher ground north of the central belt.

Awful day of weather in NE Fife compounded by the Dundee-St Andrews road being closed for a while just in time for the evening commute. :closedeyes:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Melting snow has some delights. My daffys are well on the way and some crocus are out. :yahoo:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Been pretty dry here all day with temps around 4/5c, Had a drive from Strontian to Aoineadh Mor to the old crofters hamlet ruins, lots of ice.. Sad history but lovely spot. 

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever is happening but partial to a snow drift

Having missed all of the snow last week I look forward to further snow on the hills - only please.  It's been quite frustrating having such skewed weather reports on tv.  It's like the west of Scotland suddenly disappeared off the map.  However, don't know why I get so irked, we've had plenty snow since December (igloos and everything) and don't think it's been reported either, although not like last weeks - that looked epic for a few days.  I think the shine came off it for most when their worlds stopped turning though.  Glad to hear things are returning to almost normal for a lot of people but quite some disruption still for some.  However, we're all fooooked if there's a zombie apocalypse - it would appear it's most definitely every man/ wifey/ auntie Beanie for him/ herself on the bread and milk front!

• Like 2

Posted

Wet snow falling here too at 1c making everything  on the surface  very wet as ground still very frozen at depth.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Snow disappearing but some of the drifts may take a bit longer.

BBD860CF-7370-46B9-9DEC-BFF3A160780B.png

D6E70BAC-7DCE-497E-BBD1-0AF1B4816102.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Snows all but gone now in Mwell apart from the mounds in car parks and around a few driveways.Been raining on and off for the last few hours.

Posted

Plenty spells of snow through the day, light, heavy, all sorts, didn't really add much to the cover though. Similar tomorrow I think, maybe more persistent 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep, deep snow.

Sleet here at the minute. I'm hoping that it will turn to snow very soon.

Posted

Currently big flakes falling quite fast now, thought it was all over with the heavy rain last night! Mind you I aint being watching weather reports recently.

Snow wreaks it's revenge!

Posted
24 minutes ago, grifter said:

Currently big flakes falling quite fast now, thought it was all over with the heavy rain last night! Mind you I aint being watching weather reports recently.

Snow wreaks it's revenge!

It looks like it's hammering it down on the M77 with the higher points at a standstill, meanwhile it seems to be rain or sleet on the higher  M74... :)

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ross B said:

It looks like it's hammering it down on the M77 with the higher points at a standstill, meanwhile it seems to be rain or sleet on the higher  M74... :)

Seemed to be quite a few places getting it, snow is big wet flakes. My road was whiteout in about 15 mins

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy snow here. Everything turning white. Wasn't expecting this this morning.

• Like 1