Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

@More Snow

Virgin Trains, which had not been running any services north of Newcastle, is resuming trains to and from Scotland.

An hourly service will run between Newcastle and Edinburgh but passengers are urged to only travel if necessary as trains will be busy.

The west coast route between Carlisle and Scotland is still closed with no replacement buses

ScotRail said snow ploughs were tackling drifts as high as 10ft (3m).

Edited by Cheggers
  • Like 2

Posted

That little band is tantasingly close although a fair amount of melt has gone on today as you would expect there's still so much around the last of it probably won't disappear for maybe a week................? if not longer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow
41 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

Same here, heavy snow and filling all the gaps and the roads :) 

Doh! Didn’t last long!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
2 hours ago, Rickoza said:

I've been putting out anything that's past sell by date from the fridge.  Even tomatoes and strawberries have been getting wolfed down.  They really must be desperate.

We know things are bad when a Scotsman has to eat fruit and veg ! :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
3 hours ago, ciel said:

Fruit, Cheggers. Chopped apple or soaked raisins.

He is not likely to be alone. They usually roam around in flocks.

It's a Redwing. Winter visitors from Scandinavia I believe. Been watching them square up to each other across the road from me as they forage around tree roots for anything they can find. https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/wildlife-guides/bird-a-z/redwing

Edited by LeithRayOfSunshine
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!
30 minutes ago, More Snow said:

@Cheggers thanks for the update. she booked on national express to Edinburgh tomorrow morning and then from there train to Inverurie.

AWESOME!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
32 minutes ago, More Snow said:

@Cheggers thanks for the update. she booked on national express to Edinburgh tomorrow morning and then from there train to Inverurie.

Holiday's over then?  Perhaps she could stop off and get some Buckie on her way... :rofl:

1 minute ago, Hairy Celt said:

Holiday's over then?  Perhaps she could stop off and get some Buckie on her way... :rofl:

I did ask her too as she has a 3 hour wait in Edinburgh, I'm not sure the swear filter in here would cope with the answer..

Posted
Just now, More Snow said:

Just in time as the washing up has piled up some what this week..:rofl:

And the washing basket, and the hoovering, and changing the bedding, and cleaning the toilet... (Been there...)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer

Gentle snow falling in Aberdeen giving a light top up it seems to be pepping up a bit off the coast so maybe more to come.

• Like 1

Posted

The wife thinks I'm nuts and the kids are bored but yes....... I am about to sit on an upturned plastic tub and have a glass of wine :D

IMG_20180303_183142-1392x1856.thumb.jpg.199239a513e5a43ed883955f974279a6.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep, deep snow.

As an occasional lurker I'd like to add my thanks to everyone who has been posting. I've had great fun reading all the posts.

I don't know anything about weather beyond what I observe when I look up at the sky so feel rather under qualified posting anywhere else on the forum but I feel qualified to comment here, since I know what buckfast is, and I've hunted high and low for a plain loaf this week so I feel an affinity with you all. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

And the washing basket, and the hoovering, and changing the bedding, and cleaning the toilet... (Been there...)

Not a chance of that in my house, I'm a bloody clean freak me, I even hoover the walls :rofl:

1 minute ago, TPStones said:

As an occasional lurker I'd like to add my thanks to everyone who has been posting. I've had great fun reading all the posts.

I don't know anything about weather beyond what I observe when I look up at the sky so feel rather under qualified posting anywhere else on the forum but I feel qualified to comment here, since I know what buckfast is, and I've hunted high and low for a plain loaf this week so I feel an affinity with you all. 

If you got any buckfast can you drop it over to me Ive not had a fix in days...:drunk-emoji:

Posted
5 minutes ago, 101_North said:

The wife thinks I'm nuts and the kids are bored but yes....... I am about to sit on an upturned plastic tub and have a glass of wine :D

Legend! :D

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer
2 minutes ago, More Snow said:

If you got any buckfast can you drop it over to me Ive not had a fix in days...:drunk-emoji:

you do know that Buckfast is rarely drunk up here in Aberdeenshire more a central belt liquer,those Rothienorman folk not introduced you to the local hooch yet?  

Posted
9 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Suitably chilled, in more ways then one. I'll raise one to you in my very imaginary igloo later :drinks:

That goes to everyone, just to add to the spirit (hic) of @Hawesy

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, drm said:

you do know that Buckfast is rarely drunk up here in Aberdeenshire more a central belt liquer,those Rothienorman folk not introduced you to the local hooch yet?  

I will drink anything me. I have a few friends in the Glasgow area and it was them that got me started on it. still not wrecked the house on it yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frosty, snow....lots of snow! Oh....and more snow!

We’ve had a great day diving into snow drifts here! I know snow can get a bit tiresome after a while (Not to me ?) but we thought we better enjoy it while we can!  Has been flaking away all day though, expecting to go to sleep and wake up to another covering!

52ABD20B-498A-4E6B-A9CC-95D83F1F9932.jpeg

953B569F-ECDB-4895-9721-E972A48569EE.jpeg

• Like 9