Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather
23 minutes ago, su rui ke said:

Lots of snow still falling in Aberdeenshire and the northern Highlands by the look of things?

Yes further 5-7cm fresh snow overnight and still snowing. More digging to get to the hens

DSC_0906.JPG

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!
23 minutes ago, Halfamilefromnowhere said:

Yes further 5-7cm fresh snow overnight and still snowing. More digging to get to the hens

DSC_0906.JPG

That looks about the same as mine, and the road outside is the same. Thank god I haven't got hens any more - too much work for me now. Found out from a neighbour that the access road into the village from the A7 is littered with abandoned cars and the gritter - even if the cooncil ever rememner us - won't get past. The husband came in for a teabreak and says the neighbours are planning a concerted attack on our wee cul de sac at 11am. They are all synchronising their watches as we speak. I canny help as I have short boots and nae wellies. And no muscles either :rofl:

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Snow flurries continuing here but temps up a notch at 1.1C. 

Looks like that trend will continue for low ground over the next couple of days with a slow thaw beginning. Still have a Southerly jet so possible snow opportunities as depressions come into the cool air later on especially for those inland with a bit of altitude. Signs also of renewed heights in Scandinavia in a couple of weeks time. Winter may not be over yet.

Posted
51 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Maybe some of us lucky ones should be trying a competition where you win if your garden is snow free first?

Seeing as @Hawsey was so off with his depths, maybe ha can redeem himself by trying to predict this ? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

More Snow - copied from BBC Scotland so please check ScotRail site  to confirm -

Virgin Trains is not running any services north of Newcastle on Saturday, with their route between Carlisle and Scotland - affecting the London to Glasgow and London to Edinburgh routes - closed with no replacement buses running

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
4 minutes ago, mardatha said:

More Snow - copied from BBC Scotland so please check ScotRail site  to confirm -

Virgin Trains is not running any services north of Newcastle on Saturday, with their route between Carlisle and Scotland - affecting the London to Glasgow and London to Edinburgh routes - closed with no replacement buses running

I'm 100% behind minimising travel risk and avoiding unnecessary travel. But unless these main lines are actually blocked by snow, then I wonder if the caution on rail-travel today is actually merited. Nor have we had any deep low temperatures to accompany the snow. Anyway...closed is closed.... :(

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Just had our heaviest shower for some time with powder flakes and the temp dropping a degree or so. Left a cm or so in about 5 to 10 minutes. Still going but lighter and Back to small flakes now.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Nothing of note here, other than being in both an urban and coastal area there's a slow thaw on with some drip from window ledges and roofs. I see that Edinburgh-wide home met-stations are widely reporting between 34F-36F.  Might still be a few days away from seeing grass even here though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Snow on and off here too this morning. Just above freezing temp wise so I'm assuming as per comments above the thawing will start now too.

• Like 2

thanks @mardatha we have had to book another night in hotel, they are totally taking the pee thoas they are not refunding guests that have had to cancel but still charging me top price, I think its wrong of them to exploit a mum with a young child, why don't they just put her in one of the rooms that's paid for but not being used. Premier inn are A DISGRACE.  rant over still pishing down with snaw.

Posted

Some snow showers here this morning in the city but the gradual thaw is starting in areas that are cleared as the temperature is above freezing. Managed to build a snowcano with my daughter as the snowman seemed too much like hard work!

IMG_6408 -1.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, More Snow said:

thanks @mardatha we have had to book another night in hotel, they are totally taking the pee thoas they are not refunding guests that have had to cancel but still charging me top price, I think its wrong of them to exploit a mum with a young child, why don't they just put her in one of the rooms that's paid for but not being used. Premier inn are A DISGRACE.  rant over still pishing down with snaw.

Tell them, all the folk at Center Parcs Longleats are allowed to stay on all weekend free of charge due to the weather, robbing barstewards

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cheggers said:

Tell them, all the folk at Center Parcs Longleats are allowed to stay on all weekend free of charge due to the weather, robbing barstewards

Premier inn don't give a rats weeble, about anybody profiting from a stranded woman and her child disgraceful.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Duncan McAlister said:

There seems to be a pulse of precipitation on its way from the south. What's it going to be...?

It’s snow on the radar could this be our wee beast lol ? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
2 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Someone ought to make a compilation of @More Snow's posts from the last week... and put it in the MT :rofl:

:Deven for this thread would make a quality read 

just been out sledging and conditions were perfect.... light falling snow as a background to children smiling laughing and enjoying themselves an old fashioned way rather than a tablet or t'internet 

happy with winter now... 2 ok falls with sledging and 1 fantastic fall so 3 events this winter.... 

went in MT for first time in week and seen @Steve Murrsigning off till next winter a content man so great to see the snow spread around with even ireland getting in on the act.....

a great winter all round and hopefully once quiets down everyone will get pics into @Hairy Celtphoto thread which is an excellent idea 

• Like 8

Posted
30 minutes ago, More Snow said:

Premier inn don't give a rats weeble, about anybody profiting from a stranded woman and her child disgraceful.

Tweet then on there page, they hate publicity like this.

• Like 4

Posted
32 minutes ago, More Snow said:

Shame them on Twitter.

• Like 2