Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
50 minutes ago, mardatha said:

Catch and SS if you see any of the Border ploughs please remind them that Heriot exists. It's snawed in, but it exists. :rofl:

Well, I can get oot tae Lauder now (which looks like a scene from the day after tomorrow). Huv tae churn through a metre deep cutting, but it's passable.

Stocked up again on beer. 

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 5

Posted

Just watching that band to the north and northeast and am not convinced it will make it here (although like Ravelin the Met Office autoforecast shows heavy snow here two in a couple of hours)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie
15 minutes ago, Quinach said:

Snow getting a bit heavier here and temp dropping (now 0.1C).  Some Scandinavian visitors to the garden, Bramblings (on left) flying along with the local Chaffinches. 

Snag_e6ce24b.png

Snag_e6d0dff.png

I've just walked through woods and there was a collection of redwings scratting about. I haven't seen those before, had to look them up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I know I keep going on but by far the heaviest snaw of the week, stunning I'm gob smacked by what ive seen this week. I LOVE SCOTLAND!!! :yahoo:

Posted
1 minute ago, More Snow said:

I know I keep going on but by far the heaviest snaw of the week, stunning I'm gob smacked by what ive seen this week. I LOVE SCOTLAND!!! :yahoo:

Where about are you ? Is that the band that's hitting you now? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
41 minutes ago, 101_North said:

To give Edinburgh City Council it's dues they've ploughed our road already. In 2010 it took weeks to dig out the estate! 

Credit to them for that. Wee rant though. Princes St Gardens (East and West) are both closed to the public despite being one of the most scenic spots for a winter snaw walk in the the middle of Town. They were perpetually open in 2010 but seems now we have "Health and safety gone mad". But it's council logic today that takes the biscuit. They've completely snow-cleared the public walkways in the (closed) gardens, whilst leaving adjacent Princes Street pavements a friction-free ice and slush-fest inviting multiple OAP and tourist visits to A&E. Go figure!

Screenshot from 2018-03-02 16-46-42.png

Edited by LeithRayOfSunshine
  • Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, LeithRayOfSunshine said:

Credit to them for that. Wee rant though. Princes St Gardens (East and West) are both closed to the public despite being one of the most scenic spots for a winter snaw walk in the the middle of Town. They were perpetually open in 2010 but seems now we have "Health and safety gone mad". But it's council logic today that takes the biscuit. They've completely snow-cleared the public walkways in the gardens, whilst leaving adjacent Princes Street pavements a friction-free ice and slush-fest inviting multiple OAP and tourist visits to A&E. Go figure!

Screenshot from 2018-03-02 16-46-42.png

That defies logic :wallbash:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
13 minutes ago, doctormog said:

Just watching that band to the north and northeast and am not convinced it will make it here (although like Ravelin the Met Office autoforecast shows heavy snow here two in a couple of hours)

I'm beginning to have doubts myself, seems to be slowing down and getting weaker. Ah well, I'm getting tired of clearing the driveway, and running out of space to put the snow. 

6 minutes ago, Kerwin said:

He's near Rothienorman. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kerwin said:

just between Rothienorman and Largue. and yes I'm right in the middle of the heavy stuff with more inbound.

Posted
1 hour ago, More Snow said:

have they got the trains running yet??

A few have started between Glesga and Edinburgh only.

Finally took a tape measure oot. Drifting making it hard, but this is the norm over most of the back that is sheltered. Not even sure it hit the bottom, but doubt it was far off.

WP_20180302_16_41_18_Pro.thumb.jpg.edfa8c0eaf9ad3e0f14ef5aca5d21b90.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Heaviest snow of the day on now. Earlier my daughter spotted the first icicle on the roof since I think 2010/11. Okay only about 18 inches long but a start.

IMG_0096.thumb.JPG.6fb4a7a7fc41bd8a0434095b11f09520.JPGr

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

From a local FB page North Berwick to Dunbar East Lothian Away from the A1 the roads are mostly like this 

NBdunbar.jpg

NBdunbar2.jpg

• Like 9

Posted

Evening all,

What a week it’s been, eh? One we’ll be talking about for many years. Much as I’ve enjoyed it personally it’s been a nightmare from a work perspective....but that probably applies to a few of us! :D

Temp pretty steady at 1c all day but snow still accumulating lightly at times, no real addition to cover.

• Like 5

Posted

Can confirm heavy snowfall in Newburgh(aberdeenshire) Met office app forecast has also changed to heavy snow for next few hours ???????? Road has gone from black to white and has a nice wee dusting already! ?????

• Like 4

Posted

Drove home.  Nothing falling until just after Pitmedden.  Got to Tarves and it's a winter wonderland!  Light to moderate snow but settling readily.  Better than anything yesterday!

Edited by howham
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
7 minutes ago, Cheggers said:

Think we should all make these tonight. We have enough Snaw just need glo sticks

9229E343-BB3B-4F13-A92F-BE92734F611E.thumb.jpg.52d7ae726201f2e521996fc905018bd5.jpg

We're hunting out glo sticks as I type. Taken hubby and neighbours 4 hours to dig out part of our estate today.

First pic view out to back garden. 

DSC_1123.JPG

DSC_1125.JPG

DSC_1125.JPG

Edited by snowidea
  • Like 9

Posted

Yep, getting heavier here, best since Weds am.  Sort of snow that sticks to everything!

• Like 2