IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms
31 minutes ago, Benvironment said:

Just been dug out :)

P1170926.jpg

Until I clicked on the picture I thought it was the classic train clearing the snow picture from winter 62/63 .

Nice photo what height roughly would those drifts be 

• Like 6

Posted
8 minutes ago, shuggee said:

Walk past nonchalantly wearing a red scarf! 

You'll be a hit on Misreporting Scotland :laugh:

'Extended Reporting Scotland' three words to have you praying for a mild, wet, westerly 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

I think Blairgowrie is getting pummelled with the showers hitting north of us. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Living room window... 

IMG_20180301_181713.thumb.jpg.5ee509394ea415415da247591fe8b3a7.jpg

It faces West !!!!

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero
4 minutes ago, biggreyface said:

Until I clicked on the picture I thought it was the classic train clearing the snow picture from winter 62/63 .

Nice photo what height roughly would those drifts be 

Just over waist height.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Just look at this - brings a tear to my eye! I have been 10 miles too far South of this line of constant snowfall that has been going through the North of Glasgow city centre for about 18 bloody hours now! :rofl: 

Its heartbreaking! :sorry:

5A94673E-607B-4A48-A3AA-11A5A8DE08B9.png

• Like 2

Posted

This is outside my mate's farm in shotts, near to harthill and the road is now became completely impassable. They're out trying to help stranded motorists but the drifts are absolutely ridiculous. Total carnage and the strong winds are set to make it worse right through the night. 

IMG_8521.PNG

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.
56 minutes ago, Ruzzi said:

UK Outlook for Tuesday 6 Mar 2018 to Thursday 15 Mar 2018:

Further rain, sleet and snow are expected at times on Tuesday and Wednesday. Northern parts are likely to see the snow, whereas rain or sleet are more likely further south. It will stay very cold in the north with brisk winds. In the south, it will be less cold, but cloud, mist and fog are likely, which may be slow to clear during the day. During the following week, and into mid-March it is likely to stay cold in the north, but temperatures could return nearer normal in the south, though still below average. Rain and strong winds are likely across the UK, perhaps turning to snow across central and northern parts. The best chance of drier conditions will be in the far north and northwest.

UK Outlook for Friday 16 Mar 2018 to Friday 30 Mar 2018:

The predominately easterly wind is likely to persist for a while across the north with colder than average weather here, but it may be a little milder at times in the south and southwest of the UK. There will continue to be a risk of snow across some central and northern areas, but in the far north and northwest it is likely to be drier. Night frost and ice will continue to occur at times. Later in March it may turn more unsettled and lh milder as westerly or southwesterly winds return. The timing of more Spring-like weather remains uncertain.

Updated: 15:06 on Thu 1 Mar 2018 GMT

long range forecast from the MetO today raised my eyebrow. Sounds like a long haul this one 

White Easter anyone? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow
6 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Just look at this - brings a tear to my eye! I have been 10 miles too far South of this line of constant snowfall that has been going through the North of Glasgow city centre for about 18 bloody hours now! :rofl: 

You are not alone mate :D

I can’t really complain though, got about 20cm and that’s good enough for me here to the SW of Glasgow :)

I said in January that this was the best winter in a long time for here. I have now changed my mind to it’s the best winter I have ever witnessed in terms of snowfall. I am 30 and don’t remember seeing as much snowfall as I have seen this winter :) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer
1 minute ago, More Snow said:

Tanking it down again.. wow greatest snaw shower ive ever seen :rofl:@edo

the convergence line to your north has moved south long snow showers for you ,can you do me a favour send it 40 miles further south please.lol 

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, drm said:

the convergence line to your north has moved south long snow showers for you ,can you do me a favour send it 40 miles further south please.lol 

Seconded!

• Like 3

Posted
14 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

5A94673E-607B-4A48-A3AA-11A5A8DE08B9.png

I feel your pain. In this setup if you don’t get snow then I don’t get snow and then @Stormeh doesn’t get anything.:sorry: Still been a great couple of days. 

• Like 2

Posted

Have done pretty well these past few days and managed to be in a sweet spot for catching most of the showers.  Been snowing constantly since 1542 this afternoon (yes, I checked the time:D) and has been a white out for the last hour..............:cold::yahoo:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Just had a quick look outside to check on the latest conditions...

polar-bear-face-nose.jpg

As you were then. 

Edited by Polar Gael
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer
1 minute ago, More Snow said:

@drm and @doctormog will do my best..

good lad if you do i.ll send in some buckfast to replenish your stocks

• Like 1

Posted

Snowing off and on all day, a mixture of graupel and fine flakes so no great depth, maybe 10cm in total. 

One of my dau-in-laws called today, upset, from Glasgow. She, her husband and mother-in-law were due to fly to London today to attend the grandmother-in-law’s funeral tomorrow. There is no public transport available and she was wondering whether to hire a 4x4 and drive down. I remained neutral regarding advice but was somewhat relieved when I heard that her sister, who is quite blunt, had told her not to be daft. However, not sure I entirely agree .The mother-in-law is very distressed in the circumstances.

Severe weather conditions are not all jollies for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
27 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

You are not alone mate :D

I can’t really complain though, got about 20cm and that’s good enough for me here to the SW of Glasgow :)

I said in January that this was the best winter in a long time for here. I have now changed my mind to it’s the best winter I have ever witnessed in terms of snowfall. I am 30 and don’t remember seeing as much snowfall as I have seen this winter :) 

Yeah - got probably the same here but just frustrating watching it all sail just North of me for hours on end. 

Agree with you about this Winter - been exceptional!

23 minutes ago, chemikal said:

I feel your pain. In this setup if you don’t get snow then I don’t get snow and then @Stormeh doesn’t get anything.:sorry: Still been a great couple of days. 

Yeah - noticed that too mate! Location wise for us all it is good to know if snow is incoming for the other person! (I remember back in the epic mid January spell from the  West that everytime @Stormeh said it had started snowing in his area I would get in a few minutes later!)

Totally agree also about the great couple of days! 

Snow back on here!

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, drm said:

good lad if you do i.ll send in some buckfast to replenish your stocks

that sounds like a fair exchange. :drunk-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
2 hours ago, Landylou said:

I find the differences in some forecasts quite strange! It’s currently very heavy snow here, the path I cleared has covered over already within the last 10 minutes. Fingers crossed it keeps up like this ?

best shower of entire spell here 30 mins of a total whiteout so far..... once again as soon as was dark it happened 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
37 minutes ago, Ruzzi said:

This is outside my mate's farm in shotts, near to harthill and the road is now became completely impassable. They're out trying to help stranded motorists but the drifts are absolutely ridiculous. Total carnage and the strong winds are set to make it worse right through the night. 

IMG_8521.PNG

We had a tractor with emergency plough on go past earlier. Made the road just about passable with winter tyres...

For about an hour, then the drifting put paid to that.

Whiteoot again right now.

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 3