Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
1 hour ago, Mr Frost said:

Just seen a couple of pictures on twitter - first one is Dumbarton and second one is Alexandria. 

Just North of Glasgow city centre seemed to be getting pummelled all night and this morning - anyone in that zone? 

95C82492-153C-48F7-AFBF-08E7A3C6F4E1.png

67A4730C-A328-4327-80F0-9A0F2184AF90.png

My daughter's in Partick and sent this pic yesterday evening. Don't know who the girl is but suppose she is a pal.

IMG_0080.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
12 minutes ago, Benvironment said:

It's gone bonkers up here now. How odd that as soon as the red warning was announced, our snow stopped. And as soon as it expired, our heaviest snow for two days has started falling ;-)

Snow showers here have been much more frequent and heavier this morning than yesterday too.

• Like 2

Posted

We are in the same scenario as yesterday am where the showers seem to fizzle out in east lothian , are fairly light here, then rapidly perk up again once they hit the M8 .. obviously that all changed yesterday afternoon so interesting what causes that to happen. hopefully switch back again as we go through the day

• Like 2

Posted

Cold sunny  start at -8c still -3c .House really cold this morning. 20180301_091052.thumb.jpg.5df1e6195ed0b35fca60a54ae5ba2dcd.jpg

A streamer to the north of the Firth  has really given problems on the A9 in Caithness. A couple of photos of the streamer showers across the Firth to the north.

20180301_081040.thumb.jpg.236e66232fd4c822145968be82e6f1ce.jpg20180301_081047.thumb.jpg.0d48febb4f3d15816aaa7fb4b96d7d07.jpg

Neeps frozen solid so cows will have to get silage instead today

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Except from the inch or so of snow we got on Monday night, we've had a grand total of....0cm. Wall to wall sunshine normally with an occasional very light shower of fine snow. 

Despair!

Posted

Short but very heavy shower here at the minute. Cleared paths quickly turning white. Heaviest shower today - pelting down!

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 2

Posted
17 hours ago, Snowlover2 said:

I haven’t been out but gritters have been out all day I think. Been a lot of accidents m90 j5/6 and loch road was bad last night. 

Belting down in Aberdeen just now and roads are mental outeith the city with drifting snow 

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, NorthernRab said:

Except from the inch or so of snow we got on Monday night, we've had a grand total of....0cm. Wall to wall sunshine normally with an occasional very light shower of fine snow. 

Despair!

To be fair, you'd be hard pushed to find a city in the UK that's had more days snow falling/lying this winter than the sneck, it's just having a wee rest :)

• Like 1

Posted

Drier day here today. Seems like Aberdeen is getting more today.  I wouldn't be surprised if we got more tomorrow than today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Still going mental here. 

Is it wrong to be jealous of the red warning in Wales? 

Posted

Some friends in the Moodiesburn and Cumbernauld area saying they have 2 to 3 feet of snow. Snowed for almost 36 hours. This is only about 10 miles North and East of us here and we have about 6 to 8 inches.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
7 minutes ago, Rickoza said:

Met Office has heavy snow 12-2 here, just can't see this happening.  Had hardly anything for hours now.

Keep the faith mate - tons of action out to the East currently and that 12-2 timescale should be decent. (Keep an eye on the radar nearer the time)

C78B9081-0E73-49C3-95E5-D3E9372BDBFF.png

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 1

Posted

Interesting to see the Amber warning extended from 6pm today to 10am tomorrow morning. Clearly potential for further decent accumulations for many of us! ? 

Great seeing everyone’s snow pictures. Easily the best snow since 2010 here. 

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, snowidea said:

Still going mental here. 

Is it wrong to be jealous of the red warning in Wales? 

places in the SW havent seen decent snow for 25 years so good luck to them, be interested to see just how bad it gets down there as i have family in Somerset

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, colrobs said:

Some friends in the Moodiesburn and Cumbernauld area saying they have 2 to 3 feet of snow. Snowed for almost 36 hours. This is only about 10 miles North and East of us here and we have about 6 to 8 inches.

I'm in Lennoxtown and we are just over 2 feet of snow on the level parts, the drifts are around 4 feet.To measure it I had to stand in the snow and the depth was between my knee and my hip - just over 2 foot. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.
17 minutes ago, Northern Strath said:

To be fair, you'd be hard pushed to find a city in the UK that's had more days snow falling/lying this winter than the sneck, it's just having a wee rest :)

Completely true (probably of most winters!) which is why I never begrudge folk elsewhere in the country a big Easterly event, despite the fact that they're largely useless for us up here.

Funnily enough the weekend onward looks to be potentially more interesting for us! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

Conveyor belt of snaw oot east and coming this way all day long. Downside is I cannae get a pub lunch on this wee extra holiday as it's shut due weather :closedeyes:

• Like 3

Posted
15 minutes ago, colrobs said:

we are 3 miles north of Cumbernauld, and we are approaching 3 feet in places, and it is currently a white out.

• Like 2

Posted

In the East Kilbride seemed to have escaped the worst , snow depth is around 4 inches on level ground .

Edited by scott125
  • Like 1