Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)
7 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

They are lined up better for us on the radar out to the east - more to come shortly. 

Great news Frost, patience hopefully paid off... as if 15cm wasn't enough ha!

Edited by Bullseye
Spelling mistake - couldn't contain the excitement
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, Polar Side said:

Yeah it's been some day/night and to think we were getting a bit nervous this morning when we only had about 5cm ! 

image.jpeg

Polar Side

Some of us still do! ;) Not to mention those poor lonely souls that have managed even less than that!

Tim

Posted
5 minutes ago, Polar Side said:

Yeah it's been some day/night and to think we were getting a bit nervous this morning when we only had about 5cm ! 

image.jpeg

I know! What a difference! One to remember! Not long to go until I have to provide a final Wednesday figure for @Hawesy :)

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
14 minutes ago, More Snow said:

@edo full set greatest snaw shower ever....:rofl:

great stuff mate... bang on the timings :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Looks like I should've stayed at work if I was wanting to get the full easterly experience :rofl: Amazing totals in the central belt, really superb stuff.

It's been a fairly decent evening, nothing lasting too long yet but fairly heavy when it has fallen and relatively frequent. This next line looks very impressive from here and I did see the thundersnow earlier so here's hoping the snowless pockets get filled in tonight:drinks:

• Like 6

Posted
5 minutes ago, TinyTim said:

Polar Side

Some of us still do! ;) Not to mention those poor lonely souls that have managed even less than that!

Tim

Still plenty time yet !:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Been great reading the thread all day and watching the totals mount up. Bit of a slow start here but snaw steadily built up during the day and showers have really pepped up this evening. Now about 10cm level snaw but hard to measure as it's been birling about all day in the wind. Just beyond the edge of the red warning up here but looks academic now as we're getting a proper whumphing. Oh, and an ice day as well. Just to chuck that into the mix. Currently -4.8C/-9C. Stay safe, kilters, and enjoy the snaw. 

• Like 8

Posted
3 minutes ago, Polar Side said:

Still plenty time yet !:cold:

Polar Side

Yep, indeed :) Haven't given up hope... going for positivity... was just trying to guess how much will be there in the morning... have decided on 7cm, so shouldn't be disappointed ;)

Tim

• Like 4

Posted

What a night for Embra, blizzard conditions again and much more persistent over the last few hours 

Really hope those who have missed out get some luck over the next few days. ECM 12z more promising for keeping the cold! 

• Like 3

Posted

Apologies, I don't know when this was updated or if it's been mentioned already, so hard to keep up with this thread today lol. But the latest fax charts for tomorrow afternoon , likely commencing sometime during the morning, have the areas slightly to the north of central belt and possibly the northern parts of the central belt taking another direct hit from an embedded trough. I'm not the best with fax charts so anyone feel free to elaborate 

IMG_8483.PNG

Edited by Ruzzi
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Hope this works :D

Thundersnow, couple of short vids taken about 20 mins ago

Pure mad mental!

try again lol

http://www.frogesque.com/ts28feb2018/ts1.AVI

http://www.frogesque.com/ts28feb2018/ts2.AVI

damn! I know the vids are there, anyone help?

Edited by frogesque
  • Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, TinyTim said:

Polar Side

Yep, indeed :) Haven't given up hope... going for positivity... was just trying to guess how much will be there in the morning... have decided on 7cm, so shouldn't be disappointed ;)

Tim

i would reckon 10 mate... lots of showers all moving due east now so surely to f00k 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.
5 minutes ago, Ruzzi said:

Apologies, I don't know when this was updated or if it's been mentioned already, so hard to keep up with this thread today lol. But the latest fax charts for tomorrow afternoon , likely commencing sometime during the morning, have the areas slightly to the north of central belt and possibly the northern parts of the central belt taking another direct hit from an embedded trough. I'm not the best with fax charts so anyone feel free to elaborate 

IMG_8483.PNG

That looks as though it's not a kick in the *rse off blootering us tomorrow.

This spell is truly epic. 

• Like 4

Posted
8 minutes ago, Ruzzi said:

IMG_8483.PNG

perths name on that?? what times that Ruzzi 

7 minutes ago, Ruzzi said:

IMG_8483.PNG 

Can I ask what that things is just off the north coast?? and does it mean I'm set for a total tonking??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
6 minutes ago, Ruzzi said:

IMG_8483.PNG

I will elaborate - SNAW :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

Oh and today's max of -3.8C makes it the lowest maximum temperature I've recorded since moving here in August 2010. It beats my previous record, set in December 2010......by 0.1C!! :)

• Like 6