Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Wow what a blizzard there was for about half an hour! Think that deposited around 2 or 3 cm. 

Looks like there's a snow streamer setting up just south of Edinburgh. Hoping it starts moving north! 

Edit: Looks like 2 snow streamers are setting up. Quite impressive how Edinburgh managed to be just between both of them :D

Edited by sn0wman
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Baltic
4 minutes ago, More Snow said:

Blizzards back on here, road from house to main road is blocked.

Get the camera out and get us some pics! Sounds like an Artic tundra up your way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
5 minutes ago, sn0wman said:

Wow what a blizzard there was for about half an hour! Think that deposited around 2 or 3 cm. 

Looks like there's a snow streamer setting up just south of Edinburgh. Hoping it starts moving north! 

Edit: Looks like 2 snow streamers are setting up. Quite impressive how Edinburgh managed to be just between both of them :D

Edinburgh. In the middle of the red warning area, sat in between 2 streamers on the radar, and catching the clearer area in between thats moving west. Truly we couldn't make it up :wallbash:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
2 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

The red warning doesnt even start until 3pm !!

exactly what i was thinking, if this is the starter cant wait for the main course

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!
1 hour ago, lorenzo said:

SNAWMAGGEDON - GETTING UTTERLY PASTED HERE !!!! :)

Same here!! Serious Snaw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow
3 hours ago, Ravelin said:

Near Tullynessle, which is to the north of Alford, half way up Sui hill.

I’m just the other side of the Sui in kennethmont,like more snow had pretty decent amount of days of snow here as well.Its amazing how the snowy conditions change once across the railway line at insch,wee bit of altitude makes all the difference when the snows marginal

• Like 1

Posted

ANOTHER whiteout might be thinking about JCB digging us out territory (that last happened during the epic December 2010)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis
2 hours ago, 101_North said:

warning.jpg

Right bang in the middle of the red! After what's fallen so far and what's still to come, not surprised!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold
23 minutes ago, BleakMidwinter said:

She is somewhere en route on the coast road in this, west of North Berwick... 

Hurrah, Niece and her boyfriend have safely reached home. 

Although Boyf has now had to go back out in the Red Warning as it turns out Older Niece decided to go out driving in it. I shall be having words with her. She has the right, as does everyone, to risk her own life but this is needlessly risking other people's lives... grrrr!

Stay safe, everyone...! 

• Like 4

Posted
4 minutes ago, BurntFishTrousers said:

Right bang in the middle of the red! After what's fallen so far and what's still to come, not surprised!

Wow that be us too!  Blizzard here in Bellshill the likes of which hasn't been seen for many years.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

There's a slight lull in proceedings here as the Forth snow monster gobbles up the showers and sends them hurtling through the Central Belt. I'm not too worried though - for a start we've already done pretty well (hard to get a level depth because of the drifting but my average depth was 13cm, as low as 8cm in places and as high as 20cm in some drifts) but also both the EURO4 and the NMM take the zone of prolonged pasting northwards from around 3-4pm while there's still easily enough to keep the fun going in the southern part of the red warning area. This is a very slow moving, intense feature hence the red warning but if you're a bit north of it I still think you should be in for a decent snowfall later on this evening and into tomorrow.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Steady heavy snaw since just after 1 o'clock and still going..

A1.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, LomondSnowstorm said:

There's a slight lull in proceedings here as the Forth snow monster gobbles up the showers and sends them hurtling through the Central Belt. I'm not too worried though - for a start we've already done pretty well (hard to get a level depth because of the drifting but my average depth was 13cm, as low as 8cm in places and as high as 20cm in some drifts) but also both the EURO4 and the NMM take the zone of prolonged pasting northwards from around 3-4pm while there's still easily enough to keep the fun going in the southern part of the red warning area. This is a very slow moving, intense feature hence the red warning but if you're a bit north of it I still think you should be in for a decent snowfall later on this evening and into tomorrow.

LS

Just what we here need to hear I think :) Amazing depths in places... 101 especially... you'll have to be happy with that ;)

Tim

• Like 2