Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
1 minute ago, Blitzen said:

yOU CAN STREAMER OFF!   Lochgelly is shining like a beacon there!:laugh:

Yep, 10-15 miles further north and we would be mullered, but it seems we are destined to watch it slide south of us.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
4 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

I'm sure it's to do with the northerly element in the wind?   You can see the thinning of the showers in the sea opposite Fife on the radar.  Until that shifts round a bit to full easterly,  then what we've got is what we'll continue to get.   (and I'm never wrong):laugh:

Maybe but just north of east is what usually works best here in multiple previous setups. Basically I'm toys oot the pram just now, best thing is to go for a walk in what is currently a beautiful snowy day here (just not remotely snowy enough though!)

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Cheggers said:

Might just make it into the sweet spot

Just need a slight puff of wind to shift it a bit more to the north and we're good to go,.

• Like 1

Posted

Oh I'm watching that streamer and willing it towards me! Got a couple of very impacted centimetres here but nothing major. The noise through the night was proper 'Day After Tomorrow' stuff! What a racket. 

Posted

It is the nature of these events (just as with lake-effect in the States and Canada) that when streamers set up some areas get pasted while others miss out. Not much we can do about that!

However subtle changes in wind direction can lead to a redistribution of showers so just because you're not seeing anything yet...that may change as the day goes on!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
10 minutes ago, Cheggers said:

Might just make it into the sweet spot

Hitting us now I think and I will just about to go out with my ruler 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow

Cracking morning here in Aberdeenshire,4-5 inches of lovely powdery snow,-6 with short snow showers rolling through,keep it coming beasty fae the easty  

Posted
8 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Well.... the kids have been out with the 30cm Helix and we have an upgrade of sorts..... 5cm on the grass :yahoo:

I'll measure mine when I go out, but it's less depth than yours for obvious reasons. To add insult to injury, from the window I can see what might be termed North Leith is at least occasionally getting blasted by some of whats passing us by in the Forth, whilst I sit here in sun-bathed South Leith. Taking this personally now ! Heres a wee selfie from a minute ago.

download (1).jpeg

Edited by Paul Martin

Posted
16 minutes ago, Paul Martin said:

Maybe but just north of east is what usually works best here in multiple previous setups. Basically I'm toys oot the pram just now, best thing is to go for a walk in what is currently a beautiful snowy day here (just not remotely snowy enough though!)

looking at the radar we can basically write off this morning - gutted. as the uppers are so good !

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Radar looks good for bits of Aberdeenshire just now. Showers mostly missing here this morning to North and South but did get one hit and the edge of a couple of others.

Av depth in back garden is around 10cms. Roughly 2 cms at East side to 18 cms on West side. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Paul Martin said:

I'll measure mine when I go out, but it's less depth than yours for obvious reasons. To add insult to injury, from the window I can see what might be termed North Leith is at least occasionally getting blasted by some of whats passing us by in the Forth, whilst I sit here in sun-bathed South Leith. Taking this personally now ! Heres a wee selfie from a minute ago.

download (1).jpeg

I'm remaining hopeful for later today. Not going near a single chart. Just going to work from home, drink too much coffee, look out the window and watch the sky, see what happens and turn to drink sometime this afternoon :D

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, 101_North said:

I'm remaining hopeful for later today. Not going near a single chart. Just going to work from home, drink too much coffee, look out the window and watch the sky, see what happens and turn to drink sometime this afternoon :D

Good idea. Being in Leith I'll turn to heroin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Choo choo incoming streamer!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
5 minutes ago, Cheggers said:

It is indeed, Tesco has disappeared 

There is a God!:D