Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
Just now, ECOSSE1650 said:

Do you want me to update you with the depth in Motherwell in the morning or would I be pushing my luck? Hope you take this in the fun manner in which it is sent.

I'll have better things to do in the morning than read the comments written by people who don't exist about things that don't affect me. :p

No problem.

Posted
1 hour ago, Hawesy said:

Hi Tim, just saw your location.....if you don’t remove the ‘Perth: least snowiest place in Scotland’ description me and @aggy will see you in court. :rofl:

Hi I have about an 8th of a cm lying here I think u may need to go to court yourself the beast is just too generous ?? How’s it going up ur neck ? U must get something  by Friday ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time
Just now, Benvironment said:

-4.5C and snowing. I'm astonished!

But I couldn't tell you how much is out there. Most of the snow around the house has been blasted off into the ether.

-3.3C and snowing down here, oddly we might have more snow than you for once but it's also going to be tough getting a proper depth measurement here because of the drifting.

• Like 1

Posted

Delighted for Broughty Ferry.  My nephew/nieces only saw proper snow there once in 2010.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, aggy said:

Hi I have about an 8th of a cm lying here I think u may need to go to court yourself the beast is just too generous ?? How’s it going up ur neck ? U must get something  by Friday ?

Just posted above....about 2cm. Still can’t believe I have snow. Seems surreal, one (now two) snowfalls in seven years makes them special events to treasure! :)

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!
9 minutes ago, Benvironment said:

-4.5C and snowing. I'm astonished!

But I couldn't tell you how much is out there. Most of the snow around the house has been blasted off into the ether.

Headed towards Motherwell nae doubt...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D
18 minutes ago, over_the_rainbow said:

Snaw back on here - albeit briefly looking at radar. But hope more to come overnight. :)

@over_the_rainbow @edo radar looking good few showers heading our way ?? Wind direction has changed a bit ☃️❄️ ?

• Like 1

Posted

Wow, what a jaw-dropping snow shower that was, if you've ever watched deadliest catch and some of the snowfalls they put up with.....  incredible!!!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
7 minutes ago, Allyw12 said:

@over_the_rainbow @edo radar looking good few showers heading our way ?? Wind direction has changed a bit ☃️❄️ ?

Yep. The last heavy shower here was blowing through horizontally from the East at least at ground level. Radar is nearer to E to W now also.

edit. Still slightly North of due East but near enough for showers to head up the Tay.

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 2

Posted

Callendar Park flats in Falkirk, earlier on between showers. No-one out at all, except me and the dogs. Amazing dry cold, creaky snow, felt almost alpine.

snowypark.JPG

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time
4 minutes ago, Sawel said:

Wow, what a jaw-dropping snow shower that was, if you've ever watched deadliest catch and some of the snowfalls they put up with.....  incredible!!!

I can vouch for that - absolutely glorious powder snow blowing every which way. Snow watching at its absolute best although I'd hate to be out in that for a prolonged period of time (oddly I never experience a properly massive powder snowfall when I was over in Stockholm although it was damn cold for most of the winter).

I should also add that the wind direction definitely shifted on that - the last blob we had came at us from south of St Andrews whereas previously it was making landfall to its north.

Edited by LomondSnowstorm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D
4 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Yep. The last heavy shower here was blowing through horizontally from the East at least at ground level. Radar is nearer to E to W now also.

@Norrance I’ve Just checked rader again showers look like they are starting to merge together ? ❄️ 

Edited by Allyw12
  • Like 1

Posted

This is something new to me as I've never in my life experienced uppers so cold before - that last shower was like something I've never witnessed before. I've taken a clip but it's too big for here.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
25 minutes ago, ECOSSE1650 said:

Do you want me to update you with the depth in Motherwell in the morning or would I be pushing my luck? Hope you take this in the fun manner in which it is sent.

lolz of course mate.... im not some mad mad from the model thread.... like OTR i love to see everyone have copious amounts of snaw... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
2 minutes ago, Sawel said:

This is something new to me as I've never in my life experienced uppers so cold before - that last shower was like something I've never witnessed before. I've taken a clip but it's too big for here.

I checked the temperature during that shower. It was -3.3C so no wonder that it was drifting in the wind. More to come too!?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
12 minutes ago, Sawel said:

send it due west mate 

Edited by edo
  • Like 1