Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Light covering here now just in time for the school run. 

_20180227_082331.JPG

• Like 5

Posted

Have to say that the anticipation of how good this could be, alongside the fear of how disappointing it could be, is wrecking my head!

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
2 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Have to say that the anticipation of how good this could be, alongside the fear of how disappointing it could be, is wrecking my head!

.Deleted!:laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
3 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Aye, ditto. I'm feeling some re-assurance now that the wind has just turned back to due East at Edin Airport. Previous 14 hours it's been WSW, NW, variable, NNE etc while this isobaric/frontal kink has worked it's way through (and given me nothing better than damp pavements). If it takes the rest of the day for the flow, uppers to get properly established then so be it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
Just now, 101_North said:

You have it in for me for some reason :D

Don't even think about interfering with me today!:laugh:

• Like 1

Posted

Light dusting here in Thornton. Snow showers blowing through but nothing too serious. Going out with the dog in a bit so will get a feel for that wind chill. Sun breaking through atm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Got a bit nippy during the night, down to -4.7c. Been a long time since it was the cauld! My weather station is currently showing the snow icon. What a little liar! ?

Posted
1 minute ago, JoeShmoe said:

Whats the link to the latest uppers ?

I don't have those but the last 12 hours had us in that isobaric kink showing around -8 or -9 uppers in these parts - that's a wee bit too close for comfort in Leith and probably Duddingston. Forecast was always that the down to -15 uppers would rattle in from the east as the day progresses. 

Posted

Got a wee bit of a bad feeling about tomorrow just now for the central belt. Flow seems to have changed to bit more south of easterly, which to my eye would take the worst of it towards Stirling area? 

Anyone want to give me some technical reassurance? 

@CatchMyDrift ??? 

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Ruzzi said:

Got a wee bit of a bad feeling about tomorrow just now for the central belt. Flow seems to have changed to bit more south of easterly, which to my eye would take the worst of it towards Stirling area? 

Anyone want to give me some technical reassurance? 

@CatchMyDrift ??? 

I'm a wee bit twitchy on that as well. Would make me less coastal (just at the very point I want to be coastal!) and put me 40-50 miles away from potential convective landfall around Berwick-Upon-Tweed and with 1500ft of The Lammermuirs in between.

If it goes wrong here I won't be able to show my face in Leith for weeks, even promised a pals wee girl that she'd definitely absolutely be able to go sledging. Oh the shame of it if I mess up... :wallbash:

Edited by Paul Martin
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

It’s great to see so many snow reports already, the real fun and games will start later tonight and tomorrow.

Euro4 looks good to me @Ruzzi:)

804CA840-3BBF-4047-89CA-2A581608440B.thumb.gif.7c283ecaba8bb5d465422f4152947829.gif

CFFAD534-3BC1-4C9D-9E5C-8ED7440A291E.thumb.gif.424ebf265bff9203ef2b2b0e0e33ff83.gif

CAD2DC5C-2571-46FD-92E4-F45F2D7947CE.thumb.gif.fbf6e44d2ed0089f8aa526f4321a084a.gif

Edited by Stormeh
  • Like 5

Posted
3 minutes ago, Paul Martin said:

I'm a wee bit twitchy on that as well. Would make me less coastal (just at the very point I want to be coastal!) and put me 40-50 miles away from potential convective landfall around Berwick-Upon-Tweed and with 1500ft of The Lammermuirs in between.

If it goes wrong here I won't be able to show my face in Leith for weeks, even promised a pals wee girl that she'd definitely absolutely be able to go sledging. Oh the shame of it if I mess up... :wallbash:

So basically what you're saying is that you were the one that f$#ing jinxed it ??

Edited by Ruzzi

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
8 hours ago, More Snow said:

Did somebody mention SNAW???

Jeez, ah thought that we were all gonnae huv tae come looking fur your remains, in August during this years Spring Thaw  :hi:

Big Innes :D

Edited by Big Innes Madori

Posted
2 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

It’s great to see so many snow reports already, the real fun and games will start later tonight and tomorrow.

Euro4 looks good to me @Ruzzi:)

804CA840-3BBF-4047-89CA-2A581608440B.thumb.gif.7c283ecaba8bb5d465422f4152947829.gif

CFFAD534-3BC1-4C9D-9E5C-8ED7440A291E.thumb.gif.424ebf265bff9203ef2b2b0e0e33ff83.gif

CAD2DC5C-2571-46FD-92E4-F45F2D7947CE.thumb.gif.fbf6e44d2ed0089f8aa526f4321a084a.gif

Doesn't look too shabby, settling the nerves a little lol. Still does look a fair bit lighter across the central belt when compared with south-east Scotland, eastern parts and central Scotland. Cumbernauld / Stirling do look in a prime position from tomorrow onwards 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Ruzzi said:

So basically what you're saying is that you were the one that f$#ing jinxed it ??

Jeez the blame game has already started ! :D It'll be Hawsey's fate ultimately to carry the can if it goes pear-shaped for any of us ! :pardon:

• Like 1

Posted

Steady those nerves now people! :)

@Paul Martin quite right - those -9/-10c uppers don't cut it for coastal areas in an easterly set up but we should be sub -12c this afternoon (with lowering thicknesses) - which I'm more comfortable with.

Having said that the C, T & F Met O forecast still puts us in th grey zone overnight....but I'm choosing to ignore that. :D

Tonight:

Scattered snow showers this evening, these becoming more frequent and heavy later in the night with some accumulations especially away from the coasts. Strengthening winds and feeling bitterly cold. Minimum temperature -8 °C.

• Like 3

Posted

18022712_2_2700.gif

23 minutes ago, Paul Martin said:

I don't have those but the last 12 hours had us in that isobaric kink showing around -8 or -9 uppers in these parts - that's a wee bit too close for comfort in Leith and probably Duddingston. Forecast was always that the down to -15 uppers would rattle in from the east as the day progresses. 

yep. -10 is the requirement for us i think, looks like uppers really drop this morning

Edited by JoeShmoe
added chart
  • Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, Ruzzi said:

And :rofl: