Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
2 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

Cold, dry, calm , overcast and ground is iron hard at 0c following a night with  a strong wind and -1c.Good base for lying snow .

A bit disconcerting watching weather charts with features going in the opposite direction across a good bit of the northern hemisphere and with a good two weeks of wintry weather on our  local forecast on here a very late spring beckons with daffs  stiill only breaking the surface their latest ever for a number of years.With the second warming over Canada still to take effect I am begining to believe Blast From The Pasts prediction of spring not arriving till the middle of April which if it happens is going to put a lot of strain on agriculture and  elses  way of life.

Over in the model thread this morning Spring arrives on Friday?

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Norrance said:

There was a skiff of snow this morning over this side from a shower overnight and some graupel in the air at times this morning. 

Same in Monikie. Enough to turn the grass white but that was about it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Morning all!

Would really love to be living in the East this week! Aberdeen, Forfar, Edinburgh to Kelso are all in for a ton of snow - can’t wait to see the totals on the ground by Friday! 

Glasgow area and South Lanarkshire look like hitting the jackpot Tuesday night and Wednesday - it’s going to be some week for lots of us on this thread! 

What a Winter it has been for many - if this week delivers here it will be my best ever! :yahoo:

Have a good one today! 

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 4

Posted

Little bit of graupal this morning on way into work just north of aberdeen. Wind is getting proper cold, temp is 2c but feels below 0!! Let’s hope we get a proper pasting up here in Aberdeen.....I’ve been waiting for a decent snow since 2010!! 

Posted

Work colleagues darn sarf confirming its snowing in London + Reading, surprised the armed guard haven't been deployed, be a run on supermarkets by midday :-)

Looking at the radar load of showers running in on a NE'ly feed into England, flow still looks se'ly here - hopefully change later today ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Choo choo!

All aboard the Forth-Clyde streamer!

392B9A4C-3500-4894-9CE9-1F2E2909AEDF.thumb.png.de9ec63ce0ccec864eaa3e5f3a2442d5.png

C6D7066F-BB52-48AD-A962-68D45A0D226A.thumb.png.2592ad8acb790de08e539a5d3af1dc09.png

7670EE84-6838-470E-83FE-336629AFD875.thumb.png.c1051340d5b78eadab2d33a5734377d0.png

7DEA46B0-77B2-4423-825B-383CA63712A1.thumb.png.cc40371d66ce2d5b8272bbd0379bacb1.png

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

A few flurries of snow grains by Beauly earlier. Leaden sky but with the odd blue bit showing. 

Still I have no clue as to whether there'll be snow around the firth this week. Kind of doubting whether anyone does. 

• Like 6

Posted
8 minutes ago, GraemeB said:

MO warnings page would appear to have broken.

Ominous.

:D

Possibly getting updated for tonight/tomorrow as I've saw on a few other regional threads that the models have shifted tonight's feature further northwards 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Ruzzi said:

Possibly getting updated for tonight/tomorrow as I've saw on a few other regional threads that the models have shifted tonight's feature further northwards 

Ominous indeed.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
10 minutes ago, GraemeB said:

MO warnings page would appear to have broken.

Ominous.

:D

That'll be the MT wombats sat on the refresh key... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
7 minutes ago, Ruzzi said:

5 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Coffee over the screen -     pig!!:laugh:

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
18 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

A few flurries of snow grains by Beauly earlier. Leaden sky but with the odd blue bit showing. 

Still I have no clue as to whether there'll be snow around the firth this week. Kind of doubting whether anyone does. 

Here's HW's take HC

IMG_7294.thumb.PNG.f77b753c45b746f6268b3d97273c7f29.PNG

just a case of seeing what comes along the firth I guess. Interested to see how low we'll go, 8th consecutive hard frost today, ground is ridiculously hard/frozen with some areas of old snow too, good build -up to very low numbers

Edited by Northern Strath
  • Like 1

Posted

Interesting few days ahead that's for sure.   Think I will be a little too close to the coast for any significant accumulations but you never know.   There will be some places getting a right pasting so hope everyone enjoys and stays safe when/if the beast arrives ! 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Oh good grief.

sigh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather!

Hi everyone, a potentially very snowy week ahead for most of us!

I'm confused by the seemingly conflicting forecasts however - according to the Met office forecast my area shows almost constant snow between Wednesday and Sunday. But my BBC weather app on my phone shows hardly any snow, a few showers in the morning of Tues and Wed then almost nothing from Thurs to Sunday? Why the huge discrepancy? 

Posted

Still sunny but not the clear blue skies of the weekend. Still not feeling too bad as the wind still not fully picked up......................YET

Posted
9 minutes ago, Gogoslo said:

Interesting few days ahead that's for sure.   Think I will be a little too close to the coast for any significant accumulations but you never know.   There will be some places getting a right pasting so hope everyone enjoys and stays safe when/if the beast arrives ! 

I’m in Newburgh so just up the road. I think We may do well from this. 2010 gave some significant accumulations and with 850 uppers looking like -11/12c come Tuesday night we could donget pasted! Fingers crossed. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
6 minutes ago, GraemeB said:

Oh good grief.

sigh.png

That reminds me of the rubbish the Daily Record were spouting for my area on 19/01/2018! I was in the Amber warning area...clear blue skies all day then suddenly all schools around me were closing at 13:00pm (Sister was told to pick up my niece by text message) and people from work were being told to leave at 15:00pm...still clear blue skies at this point...then finally at 16:00pm one solitary heavy snow shower came through...lasted half an hour then nothing happened afterwards! Was the biggest let down/Amber warning of my life! :rofl: I remember poor Sean Batty took loads of abuse on Twitter about it. 

276AC42F-11AB-4E8C-B2D2-CC64C16B9C99.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.
42 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Knife edge really - all depends on the flow on the firth. Can make all the difference between dry as a bone and 20cm of snow. 

• Like 2