Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Cold, no snow. Grey start to the day. Huge excitement of watching this unfold now, off out for supplies etc lol 

Hard to comprehend the depth of cold and snow to come ! 

Edited by snowy owl

Posted

Watching the weather on BBC this morning and I can't help thinking they're downplaying it a little - a fleeting mention of Ambers and some cursory mention of depths on Wednesday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....
11 hours ago, jellybaby1969 said:

There are going to be some serious accumulations this week.....perhaps only the far North West and Northern Isles will escape the worst.

Yep, I'll be lucky if I see one snowflake! ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Bit eerie here this morning.   Dead flat calm,  dark and getting cloudier.   1.1c/-2.1c/ESE/E

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 1

Posted

Bit 'meh' this morning. Cloudy, grey, still, no frost. Chilly though. Looking forward to what the week brings :D

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 1

Posted

The first flurry starting now.   Opened back door just to check and the air feels very cold:).

• Like 3

Posted

A damp, rather than white start in the Ferry. 3c/-1c.  I’ll be keeping a close eye on (1) when it gets cold enough for snow here at the coast and (2) when it gets cold enough to accumulate - will be useful for analysis of future easterlies. At a guess we should manage (1) later today but don’t think we’ll get to (2) until sometime tomorrow. 

Will put out the snowfall table around tea time. :D

• Like 8

Posted

Don’t think I’ve ever seen such a bullish Met Office outlook (Central, Fife and Tayside):

Outlook for Wednesday to Friday:

A bitterly cold spell of weather with frequent snow showers and strong easterly winds. Occasional blizzard conditions, drifting snow and some travel disruption are likely.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gfjchqtgs

• Like 1

Posted

A pleasant frosty morning. Not a breath of wind. Doesn't feel that cold yet either.

Posted

The automated forecast for Livingston this morning on the met office is probably the most snow I've seen forecast over a longer period. There is a snow symbol at every single time interval from 4pm on Tuesday all the way through to 9pm on Sunday where the forecast ends. Practically 5 and a half days ??

Edited by Ruzzi
  • Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Some of us may be begging for mercy by the weekend. I am going to get stocked up today and tomorrow, I don't think that's panic buying it's being sensible. I am also thinking what may happen if the power goes off. We're in the middle of not much at all so we wouldn't be a priority for power going back on if there's a local issue. A few candles and some batteries might be an idea. They'll not go off.

Nice to see the showers developing and moving in off the sea on the radar.   Kelso looks ok Catch?:)

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero
10 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Some of us may be begging for mercy by the weekend. I am going to get stocked up today and tomorrow, I don't think that's panic buying it's being sensible. I am also thinking what may happen if the power goes off. We're in the middle of not much at all so we wouldn't be a priority for power going back on if there's a local issue. A few candles and some batteries might be an idea. They'll not go off.

Yeah doing the same this morning. In Dec 2010 we couldn’t get off the hill for nearly two weeks. Bought a 4x4 Hilux after that......and aside from March 2013 we never needed the bloody thing. Sold it to a farmer a few months ago and at the time joked that we were now sure to get road-closing snow ?

• Like 2

Posted
24 minutes ago, Benvironment said:

Yeah doing the same this morning. In Dec 2010 we couldn’t get off the hill for nearly two weeks. Bought a 4x4 Hilux after that......and aside from March 2013 we never needed the bloody thing. Sold it to a farmer a few months ago and at the time joked that we were now sure to get road-closing snow ?

We topped up plus extra yesterday, again we were house bound for 3 days in 2010, and our new house is even further from the shops, and a steep hill to navigate

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Leaden skies this morning and cauld. Then, just after 8am, the snaw grains started. This snap is from Crieff. Currently 0.4C @ the wee hoose. 

It begins. 

IMG-20180226-WA0001.jpg

Edited by Polar Gael
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Edited by Polar Gael
Double post

Posted

Few brief showers of graupel this morning. Raw feel and grey.

I want my sunny sunshine back :sorry:

• Like 2

Posted

As usual, nothing much to report except that there must have been a sprinkle overnight as evidenced by a few remaining icy watery blobs on the car roof.:rolleyes:

Cloudy, breeze from the east, temp 2C and feeling very cold.

• Like 1

Posted

Cold, dry, calm , overcast and ground is iron hard at 0c following a night with  a strong wind and -1c.Good base for lying snow .

A bit disconcerting watching weather charts with features going in the opposite direction across a good bit of the northern hemisphere and with a good two weeks of wintry weather on our  local forecast on here a very late spring beckons with daffs  stiill only breaking the surface their latest ever for a number of years.With the second warming over Canada still to take effect I am begining to believe Blast From The Pasts prediction of spring not arriving till the middle of April which if it happens is going to put a lot of strain on agriculture and  everyone  elses  way of life.

Edited by Northernlights

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
1 hour ago, Hawesy said:

A damp, rather than white start in the Ferry. 3c/-1c.  I’ll be keeping a close eye on (1) when it gets cold enough for snow here at the coast and (2) when it gets cold enough to accumulate - will be useful for analysis of future easterlies. At a guess we should manage (1) later today but don’t think we’ll get to (2) until sometime tomorrow. 

Will put out the snowfall table around tea time. :D

There was a skiff of snow this morning over this side from a shower overnight and some graupel in the air at times this morning. 

• Like 1