Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
38 minutes ago, LomondSnowstorm said:

Absolutely - jumping off slightly from what Edo said I do actually have a date this afternoon so I don't have quite as much time as in the 'good old days'  :rofl:

I'll have a wee look at the details for Monday-Wednesday this morning since the bigger picture looks incredibly impressive still on the midnight runs.

:rofl:

remember....... in the words of the famous song..... 

girls dont like boys girls like cars and weather

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
52 minutes ago, LomondSnowstorm said:

Absolutely - jumping off slightly from what Edo said I do actually have a date this afternoon so I don't have quite as much time as in the 'good old days'  :rofl:

I'll have a wee look at the details for Monday-Wednesday this morning since the bigger picture looks incredibly impressive still on the midnight runs.

I've got news for you LS... These are your   ' good old days'   I've been married for nearly 49 years and believe me I know what I'm talking about!:laugh:

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

LOL snap Blitzen - I barely remember what good old days are like! Well I've been sat on the floor here trying for 2 hours to catch up with you lot and you all keep talking. SS I really hope I get the same snaw as you do but have remembered that you're quite a bit further east than me. Meanwhile it's looking like a good day... I've got a really ratty auld sod here who hates snaw and am really enjoying winding him up wi the forecasts :rofl:

• Like 5

Posted

Fantastic sunrise followed by a nice morning with no wind at 0c .Ground really getting dry now. Snow is going to spoil it.!!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
2 minutes ago, mardatha said:

LOL snap Blitzen - I barely remember what good old days are like! Well I've been sat on the floor here trying for 2 hours to catch up with you lot and you all keep talking. SS I really hope I get the same snaw as you do but have remembered that you're quite a bit further east than me. Meanwhile it's looking like a good day... I've got a really ratty auld sod here who hates snaw and am really enjoying winding him up wi the forecasts :rofl:

Ditto!..........:laugh:   Are you paying attention LS?..............RUN!!:laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
45 minutes ago, Benvironment said:

Stick a sleeping bag, shovel, grit, food & water in your boot just in case. I used to carry those when I was driving around a lot in that run of cold winters but I've got out the habit in recent milder years.

I would but I'm going on the train so it might be a bit much to carry. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Great analysis LS. I hope you are correct or...

B080DBF7-D179-4880-8650-9265C67D8D7C.thumb.jpeg.69c75abf88336a3955d49afae08ca255.jpeg

:whistling::D

Posted

Welcome back LS, just sorry for you trek to the pluk of Scotland. :rofl:

I am glad I am office based next week, think a trip to Scarborough or Hull again could be a mistake

Very crisp morning here with nice sunshine, so got some washing out for a change.

On the prediction front... @Hawesy all the way, been very close of most of my snow events.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Few last days o' spring phone snaps fae the dugs walk.

IMG-20180224-WA0000.jpeg

IMG-20180224-WA0008.jpeg

IMG-20180224-WA0010.jpeg

Really beautiful spring morning, although you can feel that raw SE breeze starting to pick up.

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

@Hawesy I love your predictions . I think we need to combine with the table pics SS! 

Photo below shows my last fall - @hawesy predicted 1cm . 

As im not many many miles from the coast or the hills , It’s looking so fabulous! 

Ls nice to have you back.  I love Sweden , hope you’re loving it too. 

Although ive been married 18 years ? eek! How did that happen so fast . Enjoy your time now, it all goes by so quickly. Thank god im still under 50 haha ? not over the hill yet !! ?

D0B1634B-1EC6-4F74-879B-F6E5B8EC9E79.png

Edited by snowy owl
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
2 hours ago, Blitzen said:

I've got news for you LS... These are your   ' good old days'   I've been married for nearly 49 years and believe me I know what I'm talking about!:laugh:

From the other side of the fence, after 30 years of one partner, to keep your sanity and happiness, keep your own spaces, interests, tastes - too close is a disaster.

• Thanks 2

Posted

Eek a bit torn here, best snow/cold for 7 years looking fairly certain! And I'm booked to fly out of Edinburgh at 6.30am Saturday, to more snowmaggedon in the French alps. Would love to see and experience more of it here, and not to have to travel in the middle of it all but alps should be fun too. Caught between a rock and hard place or is that a snowball and snowdrift?

• Like 1

Posted

You would seriously think Spring is here with how lovely it is outside but not going to last ;)

• Like 4

Posted

It's refreshing to see that there's been gradual upgrades for our snow chances north of the border since Tuesday. At one point, it looked like Scotland would be stuck under high pressure whilst our good friends down south would get buried in snow. Fast forward to now and what we've seen is that low pressure nudge up from France which allows us to stay under the influence of easterly winds well into next week rather than everything sinking south. Our southern brethren get close to a snow storm but at the same time, teeter on the brink of being too marginal if the milder air pushes far enough north. 

It's looking like there's going to be 4+ days of very cold and bitter easterly winds with lots of snow for many. 

248c8bcf66a9e056c3df68d214d1913d.jpg

Edited by Sawel
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
17 minutes ago, Penicuikblizzard said:

No sign of the Beast from the east yet?

C8F15CD7-8798-4C76-B57B-166742B56497.jpeg

Can you take the same photo from Arthur's Seat at the end of next week ? Mind and take your ice axe ! :cold::D

Posted

Snowed in, 27th February 2001, at my wee but 'n ben, Kirkbuddo.

img347-2.thumb.jpg.9da07005fe6614117532d7fa02fbdbaf.jpg

The evening after.

img347.thumb.jpg.7587f713111066c13ef1542a499efee2.jpg

This event was very local - say a couple of Km square but my cottage was bang in the middle.

• Like 7

Posted
15 hours ago, Stormeh said:

Up on the roof? Because the snaw is that bloody deep?

Percy Sledge

Posted
21 minutes ago, howham said:

Percy Sledge

My favourite Percy Sledge track must be "It Can't Be Stopped (Beast from the East)"