Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Obviously it won’t turn out exactly like this but shows the potential is there for some places to get a good dumping :)

8B68C9E6-C6F8-445B-8069-E4D7A9F763F9.thumb.png.249218aa5c7ca2fda11ce4362ea8be4e.png

A6ADEF02-D74D-45DA-8D91-58A7051A3038.thumb.png.2773a167758b450749b3fc7cdf0b6f36.png

B801F630-312B-4C2C-955B-21DB242373A6.thumb.png.d6329bc1008f712d8350f0e7ea4c12a9.png

B3232219-BCA1-4FB5-817D-7F6DE19B19DB.thumb.png.b1188e20022d6e95a31c9397796d4308.png

Edited by Stormeh
  • Like 6

Posted
48 minutes ago, jamieson87 said:

So... Edinburgh, does it look like we will get caked? 

Hearts are at home on Tuesday night. Game off? 

Na, you've got to watch out for  the travelling killie snow shield :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

return my guess is LS actually found a girl and lost his virginity and realised weather was actually boring when yer a young lad..... i expect him back in 15 or so years time :whistling:

his knowledge was incredible..... however plenty of you guys are top notch including Lorenzo who has gone all Stephen Hawkings with his brilliant strat knowledge

i told everyone at work 3 days ago about this so im going to look quite clever as long as does not go titticus verticus now 

Posted

as if it couldnt get anymore exciting 

LS returns....... 

welcome back

i think buriedundersnow left as referendum led to some political posts

anyway next week looks like we will be more Iceland than Scotland

• Like 3

Posted

Meto text forecasts are now talking about significant or heavy falls of snow for the east! Don't remember seeing that before... Usually locally moderate falls. Looks like I might get stuck in North East England next week... 

• Like 7

Posted

In your absence @LomondSnowstorm I’ve been doing a bespoke table of snowfall predictions for the regulars on the thread this winter each time we’ve been looking at a widespread snowfall. Now you’re back I reckon you should take on this task, purely because, well, you know what you’re talking about...:D

Not that I’m afraid of making a total b**** up of the predictions for the upcoming easterly, not at all...

:D

Edited by Hawesy
  • Like 3

Posted

Meto surely about to go to at least amber for Eastern areas on Tuesday... Yellow warning now covers most of mainland UK. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time
18 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

I think you should keep up the good work @Hawesy :hi:

Absolutely - jumping off slightly from what Edo said I do actually have a date this afternoon so I don't have quite as much time as in the 'good old days'  :rofl:

I'll have a wee look at the details for Monday-Wednesday this morning since the bigger picture looks incredibly impressive still on the midnight runs.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Looking forward tae a' the building excitement in here this weekend, but ham gonna be distracted fur a wee while today!

Big Innes

IMG_20180224_094311.jpg

Edited by Big Innes Madori
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
4 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Latest Met Warnings starting to ramp up now! 20cm mentioned for Eastern Areas now.

I'm so hyped up on this now I'm thinking that "only" 20cms could end up as a disappointment. :D :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Great to see you back, @LomondSnowstorm

'Mon the snaw!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

I'm almost past excited into scared. Traveling to Newcastle for work on Monday, don't want to get stuck on the way back. 

• Like 1

Posted

Great to see you back LS?

Some of these charts really do look the dog's dangly bits, after watching the west get buried, this winter has kindly reversed things for easties, how diplomatic of it. Salivating at potential NEerly flows

Was cold this morn, very gusty and -2c, that'll feel like a hairdryer compared to what's coming. Forecast as far as I can see is Yaldy with a chance of more extreme Yaldy

Managed to get a bloody terrible picture of the Merlin, don't worry, this time next week it'll be pictures of Caribou and artic foxes in the garden 

IMG_7178.thumb.PNG.03beaa3b8f07ec322d0a9b7f9e2050f6.PNG

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

I had to turn email notifications off for this thread, my phone is beeping every couple of minutes :gathering::D

Great pictures @Benvironment

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero
3 minutes ago, snowidea said:

I'm almost past excited into scared. Traveling to Newcastle for work on Monday, don't want to get stuck on the way back. 

Stick a sleeping bag, shovel, grit, food & water in your boot just in case. I used to carry those when I was driving around a lot in that run of cold winters but I've got out the habit in recent milder years.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Well, looks like I'm guaranteed tae be snawed in wi nae power now. Camping gas stove cannister delayed so jinx lifted folks. :D

Screenshot_20180224-093250.png

@LomondSnowstorm great tae huv ye back LSS. Living the scandi dream eh!

Deceptively spring-like oot. 2 C and sunny with birds tweeting and daffs pushing up...

EDIT

4 solid days of snaw on the MetO auto forecast for here now. Madness.

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

God!   They are only discussing the breakdown on the MOD.   I give up.:rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
4 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Latest GFS is a disaster show for the south by Friday, that thermal gradient will mean only one thing for us though, heavy snow. We need to hope the warm air doesn't come any further north or we'll be sorry too.

Screenshot_20180224-102501.thumb.jpg.0deece8b6c4879fb984e469b3bf50c65.jpg

Don't YOU start!!:laugh:

Posted
1 hour ago, Hawesy said:

In your absence @LomondSnowstorm I’ve been doing a bespoke table of snowfall predictions for the regulars on the thread this winter each time we’ve been looking at a widespread snowfall. Now you’re back I reckon you should take on this task, purely because, well, you know what you’re talking about...:D

Not that I’m afraid of making a total b**** up of the predictions for the upcoming easterly, not at all...

:D

i think it should be a prediction off

head to head

LS v Hawesy

im supporting Hawesy as he didn't leave us hanging  for some swedish fun :pardon: