Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
1 hour ago, Sawel said:

A sift of the archives reveals that the last time Scotland had -15c uppers from an easterly was back in Feb 1991. I wasn't living here then so this will be something new if ECM and GFS around 120hrs are to be believed.

1991 was nothing special in Eastern Scotland though it was cold and there was some snow. Jan 1987 was much better and even Feb 1986 was snowy here although very cold but dry down South.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Just popping my head over the parapet :ninja::hi:

There be snaw aboot, so Im back stalking the thread for the great Hawesy reveal of what the snaw beast shall deliver us. (I'm staying well oot of the model thread as I imagine its fizzing)

Edited by over_the_rainbow
  • Like 2

Posted
24 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Single Malt, cracking weather charts and the Old Grey Whistle Test Live on BBC4! Great Friday evening :D

OGWT might even play something by Weather Report !

Posted
7 minutes ago, colrobs said:

OGWT might even play something by Weather Report !

Heavy Weather! Great album!

Anyone for an evening of snow related song titles :D

Edited by 101_North

Posted
5 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Heavy Weather! Great album :D

Yeh, great album.

We will have to wait and see if we get some next week.

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, Norrance said:

1991 was nothing special in Eastern Scotland though it was cold and there was some snow. Jan 1987 was much better and even Feb 1986 was snowy here although very cold but dry down South.

Looking at the archives I would have thought that eastern Scotland would have been pummelled in 1991? Hope this upcoming event is one to remember!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow
11 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Frank Zappa - Don't eat the yellow snow :snowman-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, 101_North said:

Steal Softly Thru Snow - Captain Beefheart

Good call! 

Snowin’ on Raton.

• Like 1

Posted

Got all the tabs I need open for the beginning of the week ??

IMG_8292.PNG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

the fox in the snow

belle and sebastian 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
16 minutes ago, Sawel said:

Looking at the archives I would have thought that eastern Scotland would have been pummelled in 1991? Hope this upcoming event is one to remember!

I was working in Aberdeen that year and did not get much snow inFebruary.  Weekends either in Dundee or Perthshire and there was some snow but nothing causing significant disruption unlike Eastern Englandshire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
13 minutes ago, Sawel said:

Can only speak for Embra in Feb 1991 easterly. 2-3 weekdays of heavy snow showers then on the Saturday afternoon into the Sunday a heavy and long fall. Decent depths, I'd have to find the pictures I took in town on that Sunday (didn't do digital photography back then!). 

Posted
28 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Well it doesn't feel Cold as Ice (Foreigner) here at the moment, although Kate (Bush) did say December will be Magic Again and it was. I hope next week we will all be Slip Sliding Away (Simon and Garfunkel).

Okay I'm going to stop this now and go and get a beer.

Posted
1 minute ago, LomondSnowstorm said:

Hi everyone, long time no see!

If you haven't been following my antics on facebook I'm back in Scotland this year working in Cumbernauld for an MP/MSP for my sins, but I've still been tracking the charts closely. It took me a wee bit to get into the schedule of 9-5 rather than the ad hoc night time working I'm used to so I haven't posted in far too long but the -15C uppers have drawn me back in again:cold::cold::cold:

I'm just back in from a (quiet) night out with some other long lost friends so I'm a bit tired but if I don't do a proper summary tonight I'll get one up tomorrow morning after the 00Zs are out. There were one or two moments in the evolution where it looked a tad dicey, and had the potential to turn into something of a high pressure snoozefest here a la February 2012 but fortunately I suspect it's more a question of how good and how long rather than if we'll get any snow at all at this stage, at least for those of us not to the west of the mountains...

For the 2nd time tonight I find myself typing Welcome Back :D

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, colrobs said:

Okay I'm going to stop this now and go and get a beer.

Have a Drink On Me - AC/DC:rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Paul Martin said:

Can only speak for Embra in Feb 1991 easterly. 2-3 weekdays of heavy snow showers then on the Saturday afternoon into the Sunday a heavy and long fall. Decent depths, I'd have to find the pictures I took in town on that Sunday (didn't do digital photography back then!). 

Have many events bettered that other than 2010 I'm guessing?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
1 minute ago, LomondSnowstorm said:

Hi everyone, long time no see!

If you haven't been following my antics on facebook I'm back in Scotland this year working in Cumbernauld for an MP/MSP for my sins, but I've still been tracking the charts closely. It took me a wee bit to get into the schedule of 9-5 rather than the ad hoc night time working I'm used to so I haven't posted in far too long but the -15C uppers have drawn me back in again:cold::cold::cold:

I'm just back in from a (quiet) night out with some other long lost friends so I'm a bit tired but if I don't do a proper summary tonight I'll get one up tomorrow morning after the 00Zs are out. There were one or two moments in the evolution where it looked a tad dicey, and had the potential to turn into something of a high pressure snoozefest here a la February 2012 but fortunately I suspect it's more a question of how good and how long rather than if we'll get any snow at all at this stage, at least for those of us not to the west of the mountains...

Yay you're back ! We've got the full house :friends: Will someone be relaying back reports from the Freuchie met station  ? :D