Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow
2 hours ago, GraemeB said:

In 10 years from now, we'll all be standing in the post office queue reminiscing about The Winter of 2018.

Or maybe not...:nonono:

B62EB1E9-D644-4269-A788-37E0ED09BB0B.thumb.jpeg.fdaeade8fddd129c8e584f3d0748e275.jpeg

Edited by DR(S)NO
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Welcome back :D

To be fair, I've never really been away, just on mute. Your pain in Currie in terms of snaw starvation has been felt by me too.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frosty, snow....lots of snow! Oh....and more snow!
8 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

Better stick to this thread, many of the posts in the model thread are mostly SE England related as if the rest of UK don’t exist. Someone in there said that Scotland won’t do very well lol. Perth will do very well in my opinion so have yer shovel ready :)

That’s the part that had me worried ?‍♀️ It honestly feels like we don’t exist in there! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Baltic

DAILY EXPRESS BREAKING HEADLINE!!!!!! "GIANT NINJA DISC SNOW ARMAGEDDON SLICES THROUGH ENGLANDSHIRE WORLD NEXT WEEK!!!!"

ninja.thumb.PNG.34df770578a519fce9691f8952fb27c5.PNG   whirl.thumb.PNG.35efb1da9dd60d4461148c38ec2260ea.PNG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
4 minutes ago, Landylou said:

That’s the part that had me worried ?‍♀️ It honestly feels like we don’t exist in there! 

We don't exist. We're just figments of each others' imaginations.  See, if you close your browser, I no longer exist.  (Better that way too :crazy:)

It's ok, most folk in here are probably real too - it's just me and a couple of others that drift in and out occasionally...)

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

Gees, it's getting busy in here. I'm not expecting anything over here in the west but hope you guys in the east enjoy your snow. To be honest it's Baltic here already. Cold and dry will do me fine.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Where are you @More Snow, we all miss you @More Snow, please come back @More Snow. The beast from the East is coming @More Snow bringing more snaw@More Snow!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

I'm slap bang in the middle of the yellow warning area for Tuesday but the MetO weather app has a 60% of light snow for a couple of hours that morning. I know these things are hugely inaccurate,  but it's easy to see why people might not take warnings seriously when theres such an obvious disconnect. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Good read this - give it a swatch! :D

https://stv.tv/news/scotland/1408968-cold-spell-from-siberia-set-hit-scotland-next-week/

@Hawesy get me down for at least 10cm. :rofl::santa-emoji:

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 4

Posted

Despite the *possible* blizzrd in the South of Englandshire the snow maps show quite clearly that due to the probability of the north sea snow machine driving heavy showers in all week both E Scotland and NE England still end up with more snaw overall :D

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
14 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

I'm slap bang in the middle of the yellow warning area for Tuesday but the MetO weather app has a 60% of light snow for a couple of hours that morning. I know these things are hugely inaccurate,  but it's easy to see why people might not take warnings seriously when theres such an obvious disconnect. 

The Tuesday warning area just looks stupid - it includes the Black Isle but just a thin strip of east coast Sutherland and Easter Ross and not Caithness at all. That just doesn't match any snow forecast I can see. Another obvious disconnect is between the MetO and reality.

• Like 3

Posted

A sift of the archives reveals that the last time Scotland had -15c uppers from an easterly was back in Feb 1991. I wasn't living here then so this will be something new if ECM and GFS around 120hrs are to be believed.

Edited by Sawel
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
2 minutes ago, Michael Kaii said:

Anyone can tell me what' it going to be like in whitburn West Lothian last time we got an eastery it was bad enough

Same as last time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms
1 hour ago, Stormeh said:

Better stick to this thread, many of the posts in the model thread are mostly SE England related as if the rest of UK don’t exist. Someone in there said that Scotland won’t do very well lol. Perth will do very well in my opinion so have yer shovel ready :)

I thought I read that as well but was is not in the general sports thread?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
1 hour ago, Stormeh said:

Did somebody say Perth :diablo:

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, aggy said:

@Hawesy when’s ur infamous snaw prediction game starting ??

Not before Monday. Or perhaps Sunday night if I have a few drinks....:D

When I started off this nonsense I expected it to be a once or twice a winter thing. No one warned me this might happen!

We need the return of @LomondSnowstorm, he knew what he was talking about. In comparison, I’m a total charlatan. What happened to LS anyway, moved to Sweden as I recall?

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Hawesy said:

Not before Monday. Or perhaps Sunday night if I have a few drinks....:D

When I started off this nonsense I expected it to be a once or twice a winter thing. No one warned me this might happen!

We need the return of @LomondSnowstorm, he knew what he was talking about. In comparison, I’m a total charlatan. What happened to LS anyway, moved to Sweden as I recall?

glad you mentioned LS, was wondering what happened to him.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

my guess is LS actually found a girl and lost his virginity and realised weather was actually boring when yer a young lad..... i expect him back in 15 or so years time :whistling:

his knowledge was incredible..... however plenty of you guys are top notch including Lorenzo who has gone all Stephen Hawkings with his brilliant strat knowledge

i told everyone at work 3 days ago about this so im going to look quite clever as long as does not go titticus verticus now 

• Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, edo said:

my guess is LS actually found a girl and lost his virginity and realised weather was actually boring when yer a young lad..... i expect him back in 15 or so years time :whistling:

his knowledge was incredible..... however plenty of you guys are top notch including Lorenzo who has gone all Stephen Hawkings with his brilliant strat knowledge

i told everyone at work 3 days ago about this so im going to look quite clever as long as does not go titticus verticus now 

Swedish girlfriend, not surprised he's disappeared. 

/end stereotype

Edited by Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

I posted in here a month ago about the extreme weather enthusiast dream...live in Scandinavia in Winter, fall in love for free accommodation purposes and you get a proper Winter.

Live in Miami in Summer, fall in love for free accommodation purposes and you get a proper Summer/chance of tornados and a hurricane or two.

Come back to Scotland in Spring for four seasons in one day and also come back in Autumn to see the leaves changing colours and the chance of a windstorm later on with a funny name. (bawbag for example) 

@LomondSnowstorm is living the dream! :rofl:

Edited by Mr Frost