Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

There was about 1cm in Clarkston this morning, 2cm on the Cathkin Braes and 1cm in Hamilton. I think I can see myself taking a longer break from my cycle in the summer than I did today. The view over the city is stunning.

IMG_3608.JPG

Edited by chemikal
photo didn't upload properly
  • Like 8

Posted
1 hour ago, edo said:

@Hawesywas spot on if measurements taken this morning however i now have no snow and my total was for Wednesday evening so i await my snow that will be here before the end of tomorrow :closedeyes:

seriously though great predictions again from the snow whisperer  

Hey I just advise how much snowfall you’re going to see accumulating. It’s your responsibility to look after the snow once it’s on the ground. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
1 hour ago, Hawesy said:

Hey I just advise how much snowfall you’re going to see accumulating. It’s your responsibility to look after the snow once it’s on the ground. :D

:rofl: im gonna need a sun shield 

charts still shaping up nicely but as per this winter......  west may well be best.... 

lets hope the SSW does lead to something decent 

• Like 1

Posted

A stunning -13C driving through Broughton in the Borders this morning.  A good half hour's drive with the temp always below -10C.

Even -4C in Leith by the water.

:cold::cold:

• Like 2

Posted

-8c to start, mini top-up of 2-3cms yesterday with heavy showers and a passing one overnight. Highland weather highlighted a lovely winter  scene from the Loch Morlich webcam this morn

IMG_6932.thumb.JPG.29205472876da0ea820a0277c13bfcbc.JPG

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning Snaw Lovers! ?❄ A bit dull here today, temp at 7.30 was a blistering 2.3c. Phew! Back to manky murk, then cauld and snaw, then manky murk....rinse and repeat! Tuesday looks interesting from a stormy point of view. I said to a friend last week that we haven't really had a major blast this winter, this might be it! ? Off tae Snecky on Friday morning, hoping for nae snaw please so we can get there and back with no problems! 

Edited by mistyqueen
  • Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, mistyqueen said:

Tuesday looks interesting from a stormy point of view. I said to a friend last week that we haven't really had a major blast this winter, this might be it! ? 

Storm damage is expensive, so praise be and all that. Thankfully, the UK Met Office aren't (yet) suggesting there'll be any notable storm for anywhere in Scotland any time over the next 6-7 days. As per usual, they've ignored the rather wilder GFS with their projection being closer to ECM, and they're suggesting peak winds in the next week or so will be overnight Saturday into Sunday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

A balmy (compared to some of you) -2C at 9am here this morning. GFS continuing to show a reversal in the normal flow of the weather patterns near the end of FI, picking up on thew SSW. The eact outcome will continue to change but nice to see that it's consistent with the general theme run to run.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow
26 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

A balmy (compared to some of you) -2C at 9am here this morning. GFS continuing to show a reversal in the normal flow of the weather patterns near the end of FI, picking up on thew SSW. The eact outcome will continue to change but nice to see that it's consistent with the general theme run to run.

Certainly an interesting period of model watching coming up. I have somewhat become obsessed with this upcoming SSW this week. I am off work this week with a back injury so I have nothing better to do. I have already said a few times over the last week that I have a good feeling of a major cold and snowy spell of weather towards the end of the month and into March, fingers crossed :)

Currently light snow falling but should soon turn to rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

It has been snowing lightly here for couple hours with temperature hovering around 1.5C , picture below was around 8am this morning , not the best of pictures as wind was a tad cutting

FEBRUARY 7TH.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Light snow this morning with fresh cold southerly wind.   Still only 1c  after -3c first thing and snow has stopped

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

[relevant here too I suppose too...]

Jings, check oot the size o' Scotland!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42945763

BBC Weather redesign - viewers hail 'Scotland's return'

BBC viewers have hailed the "return of Scotland" after the redesigned weather forecasting service was unveiled.

muckle.jpg

We're a huge country! :D

Now everyone doon south in the model thread will be better able tae see how much snaw we're getting. :whistling:

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
2 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

and at Laggan 

then snizzle in drum, snow on the Aird, and just cool, grey and breezy at home. 

What's the score with SSW? Should we be getting in supplies yet? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
11 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

[relevant here too I suppose too...]

Jings, check oot the size o' Scotland!

We're a huge country! :D

Now everyone doon south in the model thread will be better able tae see how much snaw we're getting. :whistling:

Critically, will we still get warm fronts? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Might be the position of our outside thermometer, but it's not moved from minus 5 all day.. It is round the back on the north side of the hoose. Birds absolutely desperate for food.

• Like 2