Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Absolutely heehaw fell here last night so woke to a very green Skye! I can see the mainland hills have had another top up though. But wait, what's this I see? Yep, a few weeks fluttery flakes flying a' aroon! Doubt it'll mount to very much, so a long way to go before I get my 2 cm's! :cold:❄❄⛄

Posted
21 minutes ago, aggy said:

@Hawesy u were spot on well

done a wee dusting on cars / bins ?

Snap! :D As soon as you drive out of the centre of Broughty Ferry there is a covering of snow and NE Fife has a decent covering all the way to St Andrews (centre of St Andrews, much like the Ferry, too exposed to the sea for the snow to lie much).

Interesting report from @frogesque as it seems like parts of Fife have done rather well. Colleagues reporting 7cm in Cupar and around 10cm in Buckhaven. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Canny do cms but we have a couple of inches here. Hubby oot playing wi his snow shovel again so it's pretty much guaranteed to keep on coming down. His mum should have called him Wenceslas instead of Jimmy :D

• Like 1

Posted

Right, official TOORP from me......I've just had it confirmed that there is an inch of snow (2.5cm) in Crail. :wallbash::rofl:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

WELL DONE CRAIL!!! And yes, I just checked and sure enough it's now big pretty proper flakes and coming faster. And hubby has abandoned shovel and disappeared into the neighbour's for tea. :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Only about 2cm here, makes everything look nice but not enough to take the kids sledging. Better opportunities over the next week or so I think :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Good 2"  here.   Was up earlier around 4 and it was heaving down.   Checked the radar (I know:rolleyes:) and the front appeared to have grown and, I suspect,  stalled?

static_weathercams.php.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
2 hours ago, Hawesy said:

Morning all,

It was snowing but not lying  in Broughty Ferry when I checked at 0130. That must have been the way of it all night as this morning we just have a trace of slush on the cars. Will be interesting to see in NE Fife fared any better, will report when I get into work. Also wonder if @Norrance has had snow accumulating in Dundee away from the immediate coast.

4/5 cms on car roof and bin lids. A bit less on ground 3cms. Less as I drove into town. My street was the only one that had lying snow on it on the way in.  I thought that you might have managed a covering. Are you down near sea level in the Ferry?

Edited by Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

For Hawesy. The bin lid now. May have condensed if that is the correct word a little since earlier. Certainly was a bit wet but firming up now. Skies clearing. 0.5C. I think that the front did stall a bit as it came East as it was still snowing lightly at 6AM.

IMG_0095.JPG

Edited by Norrance
Addition
  • Like 6

Posted
8 minutes ago, Norrance said:

4/5 cms on car roof and bin lids. A bit less on ground 3cms. Less as I drove into town. My street was the only one that had lying snow on it on the way in.  I thought that you might have managed a covering. Are you down near sea level in the Ferry?

Yes, I am...right at the train station! :D There's a thin covering less than a mile west of central Broughty Ferry - geographically it makes sense since the town juts out into the Tay estuary. Essentially there is snow everywhere in between but not where I live or work! :rofl: The news about snow in Crail cracked me up though...having experienced many snowless winters there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Oooooh, snowing hard now, Blawin' a bit o' a blizzard! ❄❄❄❄

• Like 8

Posted
10 minutes ago, mistyqueen said:

Oooooh, snowing hard now, Blawin' a bit o' a blizzard! ❄❄❄❄

Nice ! You're in line for the showers that most of the rest of us won't get today.

On the upside, I can see blue sky to the west now :)

Posted

Probably maxed out at about 1cm here (well done @Hawesy ) but was thin wet covering by the time I left the house.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Comrie only managed a covering of snaw overnight, but the day is young! Place is looking bonnie in the wintry sunshine. 

• Like 2

Posted

Thank you for the thanks, good people. Not one to blow my own trumpet but I'm reasonably pleased with this set of predictions so far (and still time for western/northern folks given that the totals were for Wednesday morning!). :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Thank you for the thanks, good people. Not one to blow my own trumpet but I'm reasonably pleased with this set of predictions so far (and still time for western/northern folks given that the totals were for Wednesday morning!). :)

You've done well for my location so far. First 2 predictions were pretty much spot on. Yesterday you were 100% out but in the good direction :D

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, 101_North said:

You've done well for my location so far. First 2 predictions were pretty much spot on. Yesterday you were 100% out but in the good direction :D

Yep, predictions were spot on for me too. Just poked the ruler into the snow on roof of van and depth measures 5-6 cm. 

• Like 1

Posted

Catching up with a light snow shower just now and we have a dusting.Still 0c

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 1

Posted

Around 4cm overnight which is a little more than I thought I might get.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Great reporting from the Daily Mail again:rofl:

F709707A-90C3-466C-A553-4078E7AEB0C0.thumb.jpeg.e9221f3226dfe2d780982fd16fda66b3.jpeg

11ECAD56-31EE-4D31-A4C7-77E705B05BFD.thumb.jpeg.f372fdfcb8ab44182fab294bc044a6aa.jpeg

7B89E559-DAC2-4267-9C45-51B8FCC32DFB.thumb.jpeg.e7dbf77176302502910848c8f01b2020.jpeg

• Like 1