Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
1 minute ago, igloo said:

It doesnt look like any snaw from this band will even make it across the border to england it looks more and more likely our freinds from the midlands will get nothing once again this week after al there high hopes in the MOD thread o dear

Looking at the radar, I think you might be top of the snow total tables after this event 

Edited by Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: mediterranean summer
10 minutes ago, Ross B said:

Looking at the radar, I think you might be top of the snow total tables after this event 

I just seen the first few flakes starting to fall regarding snaw amounts im not to sure it looks like a non event to be honest or have i just been spoiled this season 

Posted
22 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Quick Hawesy - I reckon you've time to change your chart to mm before anyone notices :whistling:

Steady 101! Looks like it's pepping up a bit again!

Screenshot_20180205-220617.thumb.jpg.9591b1d5d9b7f3e83d53134c9774c0d9.jpgScreenshot_20180205-220627.thumb.jpg.11b82c9d9f9ea367867917236237dad7.jpg

Edited by 101_North

Posted
2 minutes ago, igloo said:

I just seen the first few flakes starting to fall regarding snaw amounts im not to sure it looks like a non event to be honest or have i just been spoiled this season 

It's probably a non event but something everyone would be jumping at if it was last winter. There's barely been any decent frontal snow events during previous winters that I can remember so this year has been good so far! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Currently light snow just started in Helensburgh .....

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Ross B said:

It's probably a non event but something everyone would be jumping at if it was last winter. There's barely been any decent frontal snow events during previous winters that I can remember so this year has been good so far! 

We dont get so many cold fronts crossing the country as we once did sadly and certainly less blocking highs to our east which we are getting tonight

Posted
7 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

When you say previous winters how far back are you going? :)

About 15-20years :rofl: of course there have been exceptions(e.g. 6th December 2010, multiple Kilmacolm burials and the Arran storm) , but living under the killie snow shield we even managed to get a few fronts each year which guaranteed a couple of hours of heavy snow before turning back to rain/all Snow events.  They just don't seem to happen as much now and be of widespread nature. 

Snowing away here now which is good news ?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Looks like it's travelling way faster and even weaker than expected..... Aperge had it here at 2 am but looks like will be through here before then if it even makes it without breaking up....... Thought of models flipping very cold soon is a tantalising prospect.....let's hope the ssw does something for us

Edited by edo
  • Like 4

Posted

Snowing here too, not big flakes but quite a good amount swirling round the lamposts, wind is giving a slight blizzard affect. Mate in port glasgow said it'd really heavy; he is quite high up mind.

Edited by grifter
  • Like 2

Posted
Just now, CatchMyDrift said:

You just won't let that one go will you? When was that, Jan 07 or 08? 9C at Prestwick and me all snowed in :rofl:

Nope, so annoying and I'm sure there may have been a few others when the rest of us got sleet and you were snowed in! :nonono::rofl:You made up for it last year though (or the year before) with the 30cm meto Amber warning that you had in which you had the ruler out and set up before it even started,  you ended up with 0cm of snow if I recall - I'll never forget that one:rofl: (I'm more annoyed most people missed the Arran event if its any consolation!!) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Heavy snow here but won’t last long I think. Still buzzing from the snow we had a few weeks back :D

The models look interesting, I can see at least 3 decent PM shots over the next week or so bringing good snow potential for Scotland. We also have the SSW coming up this week bringing the possibility of even colder weather as we head towards the end of this month and into March :)

• Like 3

Posted

Just drove from the West End of Glasgow out to Motherwell with light dandruff-like snow failing to lie.  Don’t think this is going to be the snowfall of the decade as the band of slightly heavier stuff looks quite narrow.  Still think there might be something more substantial to come some time over the next couple of weeks though.

• Like 2

Posted

Moderate snaw here the past hour al white temps at -1.3c just getting ready to take bullseye out his evenings walk he loves the snaw:yahoo:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Bigger flakes now and everything turning white :). Looks to me like the front is slowing down?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Moderate snaw here for about the past hour. Settling readily. Currently 0.6C/-1C. 

Will take the @Hawesy prediction of 5cm and happily *bank* it. :good:

• Like 1

Posted

Nothing spectacular, but it has slowly turned white.

IMG_3716.thumb.JPG.c9ce6353dd49868c94a0948901541c40.JPG

Edited by JamesM
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Snaw just started here, very light but lying instantly!

Big Innes

• Like 1