Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Baltic

Thanks for including me @Hawesy :D looking at the Arpege and Hirlam precipitation charts 12z update I'm hoping for more than 1cm, fingers crossed!

5a7887daaf613_ScreenShot2018-02-05at16_32_36.thumb.png.01d77aef30fc8b08c926ee5cdb94ae4a.png  5a7887e564f24_ScreenShot2018-02-05at16_33_00.thumb.png.f4149d6abf22e5cd92cc1387b43b21a5.png

5a7887f60ab20_ScreenShot2018-02-05at16_31_36.thumb.png.9cb85a74f9b8b9ebd8ae5e5bfd3c0805.png  5a78886b33412_ScreenShot2018-02-05at16_32_06.thumb.png.f925d94a231b5b5d36b616f210a81691.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 16.31.36.png

Edited by ghoneym
wrong chart
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

lets be clear if my snow does not appear then @hawesy will be getting blamed for over ramping this :diablo:

I was in the SE regional thread earlier now if you think the MT is bad for moaning take a butchers in there

Posted
8 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Awwww look @101_North don't say you weren't warned that you're getting nothing tonight:

Screenshot_20180205-170810.thumb.jpg.849cd3074efde20e93bc04dc19d175a3.jpg

It's almost like I drew the chart myself based on previous experience:rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Current position and an Arpege Gif, looks like the early hours for many. Good luck all!

Spotted a beeb Map of overnight temps on twitter, GFS 0.25 version below, would have Nathan Rao believing he is Dennis Quaid.

image.thumb.png.c09af7170324c4420d0a550699afdbe8.pngtempresult_ojx8.thumb.gif.1dcbfcf37ffcd493f5be8a6aa5a07f78.gif33-778UK.thumb.gif.c4051770fe5f824f4a64110d3514262c.gif

• Like 4

Posted
31 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Awwww look @101_North don't say you weren't warned that you're getting nothing tonight:

Screenshot_20180205-170810.thumb.jpg.849cd3074efde20e93bc04dc19d175a3.jpg

I do believe I’m in the other central belt green patch there! There must be a big hill to the north-west sheltering this place that I’ve never noticed before :D  Maybe the old bing in Bellshill...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Good shout - replace them with fake news.

Posted

A couple of additional predictions:

@Spindrift2017 2cm

@Mandy Langlands Trace/Dusting (I’m afraid you live too close to me!) :D

@ciel is duly added to the list of members still waiting on a measurable snowfall this winter @Hawesy & @aggy

• Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, howham said:

Some of the models seem to show the back end of the front producing rain as it departs the east coast.  Is that likely?  Might melt my 1 cm :closedeyes:

Yeah I saw that. Not sure but it looks like perhaps more of an issue north of Inverness? I saw @Hairy Celt is up at Thurso and I’m afraid he’s more likely see rain up there overnight. :closedeyes: Though hopefully will then see some snow showers tomorrow to compensate!

Posted

Please let it be enough to halt my trip back to the weeg, am on an ITIL course, and not sure I could stay awake another day.

Grey day today, went out at lunch and was through to the bone cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

I am still learning about the models and only just started learning about  the upcoming SSW. The models could make for interesting viewing over the next few weeks. Let’s hope this SSW delivers for Western Europe and brings us some deep cold and snow for the UK :)

Edited by Stormeh
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Yay !!!! a Cm !!!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Best thing about tonight is that it precedes tomorrow, when I shall go home and find the gate inaccessible due to drifts a melting dusting. Wednesday might be better - down towards Newtonmore probably.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Looks like about 3cm for me going by those totals. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: mediterranean summer

Well im sitting patiently awaiting the snaw as its makes it way at snails pace should be here at 10pm but im not sure if there will be anything worthwhile once it gets here its disintigration as it moves south untill it arrives i will watch the fitba

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Just a thought, will Glasgow be the snowiest city in Britain & Ireland by the end of this winter? Another decent snowfall this week will make it three for the winter.

Perhaps only Inverness has had more?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Baltic

Current radar pic & current temps via my Netatmo map. Doesn't quite look cold enough yet out west for that band to be of the pink variety?

5a78bfc317f65_ScreenShot2018-02-05at20_33_54.thumb.png.769e8c8d28dbd7acf2baa09cc8ff6351.png

5a78bf8069dda_ScreenShot2018-02-05at20_32_19.thumb.png.6bad18834a4f3e234ca8e9bfafdacecf.png

Posted
6 minutes ago, ghoneym said:

Current radar pic & current temps via my Netatmo map. Doesn't quite look cold enough yet out west for that band to be of the pink variety?

5a78bfc317f65_ScreenShot2018-02-05at20_33_54.thumb.png.769e8c8d28dbd7acf2baa09cc8ff6351.png

5a78bf8069dda_ScreenShot2018-02-05at20_32_19.thumb.png.6bad18834a4f3e234ca8e9bfafdacecf.png

Dont worry anywhere from 10 miles from the coast will be snaw but it doesnt look that heavy even here i dont expect anymore than 2 inches

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Seems to be getting very light and patchy, I don’t think it will come to much?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
24 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

Seems to be getting very light and patchy, I don’t think it will come to much?

Certainly looks that way on the radar. We will see soon I suppose.

Posted

It doesnt look like any snaw from this band will even make it across the border to england it looks more and more likely our freinds from the midlands will get nothing once again this week after al there high hopes in the MOD thread o dear