Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow
25 minutes ago, igloo said:

It must be the coldest run i have seen sice 2010 at least but is probaly just a outlier me thinks al the same it looks cold for the next fortnight for sure i was hoping to see this special moon tonight but as usual to cloudy here so i cant see it and i dont think i will be still here in 150 years time to see it again 

Not so long to wait igloo.....

courtesy of space.com

‘We'll have to wait another decade before the next Blue Blood Moon, which will happen on Dec. 31, 2028. (Just when we thought that there couldn't possibly be more adjectives in front of the word "moon," now we have the New Year's Eve Blue Blood Moon to look forward to!)’

Hehe... an even better excuse to have a party!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

massive great huge flakes of SNAW!!!! so big they are making the security light by the garage come on. oh and if the nut house thread is to be believed we could be in for an epic spell. BRING ME THE SNAW.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: mediterranean summer

I think even the montreal canadiens would struggle to keep upright tommorrow morning when i do my mums shopping the state of the pavements and roads in the village are going to be atrocious there has been 2 people i no already this season who have fell and had broken bones and have been hospitalised our council are not to keen on filling the salt boxes in these outlying areas 

Posted

It was great outside last night, when it was clear the lunar event lit up the snow and illuminated everywhere especially the surrounding hills and whenever you couldn't see the moon it was snowing. Fierce windchill this morning, currently -1c and snowing

Edited by Northern Strath
  • Like 5

What a horrid morning it is, my snaws been washed away by rain :nonono:and now its school run time and its smashing it down with a right old mix of pish..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
48 minutes ago, More Snow said:

What a horrid morning it is, my snaws been washed away by rain :nonono:and now its school run time and its smashing it down with a right old mix of pish..

Aye, the mix of pish I've just driven through between Kemnay and Fraserburgh. Some really heavy, but very wet, snow between Oldmeldrum and Methlick. Just about lying at times and I'd it had been a degree or so colder it could have been a lot more difficult. Wet and blowing a hoolie up in the NE corner of Aberdeenshire. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
17 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Aye, the mix of pish I've just driven through between Kemnay and Fraserburgh. Some really heavy, but very wet, snow between Oldmeldrum and Methlick. Just about lying at times and I'd it had been a degree or so colder it could have been a lot more difficult. Wet and blowing a hoolie up in the NE corner of Aberdeenshire. 

Pretty much the same here too on my run down to fort william.. 

20 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Indeed 1c lower and it would be blizzards and inches of snow but instead of that we have slushfest...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Yes wind has moved round to the North and the temp has gone up 2.5 degrees compared with yesterday at the same time.

Maybe warmer but that wind blows right through you.

Never mind a wintry outlook for the foreseeable?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.
1 hour ago, More Snow said:

And now me slush is melting. dam February and its longer days and stronger sun. :rofl:

Stronger sun / longer days doesn't really become such an issue here until mid March, as you'll discover next week :whistling:

• Like 5

Posted
40 minutes ago, NorthernRab said:

Stronger sun / longer days doesn't really become such an issue here until mid March, as you'll discover next week :whistling:

Aye and even March can be properly in the freezer, March 05 was memorable when I was commuting back and forth to Kincraig for weeks, often -18c for the journey, warming up to a max of -5c, Sun? what sun??

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

More Snow - if you think Feb in Scotland is longer days filled with sunshine... erm how can I put this?........

YER MAD!  :cold::snowman-emoji::rofl:

"As the days grow longer, the cold grows stronger" is the saying !

• Like 2

Posted

Mudmageddon here today after last nights rain currently 3.5c  Roll on the frost and snow next week.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
Just now, More Snow said:

some strange glowing hot thing has appeared in the sky...anybody else seen this??

Warm-reekin, rich

Mmm, a fkn haggis that escaped last week :D

Big Innes :oops:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Oof, it’s all getting a wee bitty frantic and excited over on the MOD......

But, what if it all goes wrong?:diablo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
1 hour ago, mardatha said:

"As the days grow longer, the cold grows stronger" is the saying !

Aye, unfortunately that takes in summer as well!:D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Hello again all.

Do I see snow back in the forecast again next week? :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
2 hours ago, More Snow said:

some strange glowing hot thing has appeared in the sky...anybody else seen this??

The moon? Model thread toys? Trump's anus? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: mediterranean summer
6 hours ago, Northern Strath said:

Aye and even March can be properly in the freezer, March 05 was memorable when I was commuting back and forth to Kincraig for weeks, often -18c for the journey, warming up to a max of -5c, Sun? what sun??

What do they say about march in like a lion out like a lamb march 2013 if my memory serves me right was the coldest for 100 years i had 7ft drifts for 3 weeks with arran near oblituated

Edited by igloo
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms

Awe does it not give you a warm fuzzy feeling seeing the excitement  over the possibility of a few snowflakes in the south east of England. 

Reminds me of watching my children in the run up to Christmas  :santa-emoji:

• Like 1