Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Amazing snow ! best this winter . 

I still cant post a photo ! Even the screenshot isn’t working ??

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

That must’ve been about 20cm that fell in under 2 hours in Glasgow. Some quite heavy stuff so no wonder the roads and the airport struggled with it. Some light snow starting to fall here again.

Correction: think that’s the rain started.

No, correction again: It’s snizzle!

Edited by Glaswegianblizzard

Posted
5 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Been snowing here for about 25mins

Yep, started here in Thornton at 1.20 Vey wet but it's white and still falling

• Like 1

Posted

Sean Batty reporting that 7cm of snow fell in the proximity of Glasgow airport and over a foot at Tulloch Bridge ... although I'm assuming the Tulloch Bridge depths are today's snow added to the previous accumulations to give a 31cm snow depth. 

IMG_7847.PNG

• Like 2

Posted

We've had 33/30/37/33/30 cms on different days lying flat on the lawn. Wind, thaw, sublimation. Completely random!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Woo hoo it worked! Not the best photo but it’s actually snowing in the east ! 

8AC7D54C-AFB4-447F-9C97-FBFD1FD078B2.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

That's the snow on here! Started light and was really struggling but now turning heavy.

• Like 1

Posted
38 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Edited by frogesque
Double post!

Posted

Ended up with about 2.5cms. Usually these setups are straight to rain here so I'm delighted with that :D

• Like 2

Posted

Watching the radar and the cold air seems to be fighting back - the mild air looked like it was steaming through but seems to have slowed.

• Like 1

Posted

Nice photos people! :)

Really proud of the Broughty Ferry snow shield, it has done a sterling job yet again where other, lesser snow shields have failed abysmally. Precipitation has broken up nicely as it approached and we have stayed dry. In addition we now have a nice wee SE breeze off the sea to raise the temperature to 3c, so any precipitation we do get will be rain. So there shouldn’t be even so much as a snowflake to blemish the day. Another great performance from this top of the range model. For anyone looking for a snow shield I couldn’t recommend the Broughty Ferry product more highly. Five stars. 

:D

Edited by Hawesy
  • Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, shuggee said:

We've had 33/30/37/33/30 cms on different days lying flat on the lawn. Wind, thaw, sublimation - it isn't simple arithmetic Ruzzi. Completely random!

Aye I didn't word it very well, I meant I'm assuming the 31cm at Tulloch Bridge is today's snowfall on top of what ever was lying before the frontal snow arrived. I didn't mean adding all the accumulations together. Be interesting to see how much they actually got at Tulloch Bridge from this frontal event. 

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Really proud of the Broughty Ferry snow shield, it has done a sterling job yet again where other, lesser snow shields have failed abysmally. Precipitation has broken up nicely as it approached and we have stayed dry. In addition we now have a nice wee SE breeze off the sea to raise the temperature to 3c, so any precipitation we do get will be rain. So there shouldn’t be even so much as a snowflake to blemish the day. Another great performance from this top of the range model. For anyone looking for a snow shield I couldn’t recommend the Broughty Ferry product more highly. Five stars. 

First few flakes just started falling here in the extreme NW of Dundee. 

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, NorthernRab said:

That's the snow on here! Started light and was really struggling but now turning heavy.

Just starting in Nairn now

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Ruzzi said:

Aye I didn't word it very well, I meant I'm assuming the 31cm at Tulloch Bridge is today's snowfall on top of what ever was lying before the frontal snow arrived. I didn't mean adding all the accumulations together. Be interesting to see how much they actually got at Tulloch Bridge from this frontal event. 

Aye, I'd figured out what you were trying to say and edited my post!  :laugh::good:

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
14 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

It's light snow here Hawesy.

• Like 1