Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Still very light and judging by the radar fizzling out just as it reaches me. Radar looks relatively clear for a lot of the central belt for the next wee while - probably a blessing for anyone commuting.

Edited by 101_North

Posted
3 minutes ago, mardatha said:

My avatar is from winter 2010, and that is a 5ft tall wooden coal bunker. Oh them were the days :rofl:

That was dictionary definition 'once in a lifetime stuff'. I noticed one of my 2010 pics was used by the moderator at the start of this thread - to link to the old thread. 22" of level snow on the garden :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Off again here but roads all have a fresh covering. Traveling to Edinburgh 9.00 to 9.30 think as long as I make it safely out of the estate I should be OK though a colleague who lives on my roads has just made it in to work and she said parts of the M9 had snow cover. 

Posted

That's more like it! Tipping it down now :)

Edit: Strange mix of graupel and large flakes

Edited by 101_North

Posted

Aww that's good, issuing an amber warning 50 minutes before it comes into force ? At least they issued one I guess but it really ought to have been yesterday or last night, gives people literally no time to prepare or make arrangements. Still, I rabbited on for ages about this being an amber warning event and they've issued one at last so I'll not shout about it too much 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning all! A few showers have passed over, probably rain! Still too dark to see properly! Himself has just informed me that it had actually snowed overnight. Still a bit on the nippy side though, currently 1.3c. Hope you all have another Happy Snow Day today and don't have too much trouble getting around! ❄⛄?

Posted

Very quick rain shower in town, surprisingly some coverage in town in certain bits where traffic is light. Awful in car park yesterday, which is on an incline, guy got stuck on wednesday, car slid down and rested on another car, sheet ice, a woman done same yesterday, tried to help no luck. Now again a transit flat bed is stuck, the guy pointed nose down the hill and couldn't reverse back. Funnist thing though, my car started sliding from parking space. Ihad to wedge piles of snow under front wheels to stop it moving, and happened to car next to me, it slid about 4,feet out.

Posted

Looking at the radar it's hard to see where an Amber warning is warranted! Fully aware things can change quickly but the level of ppn just doesn't seem to be there - at least in the warning area - for now!

Edited by 101_North

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
11 hours ago, edo said:

@hawesy generously has predicted 2cm but i predict a dusting.... fingers crossed for more ?

decent snow shower here already.... hopefully a surprise in store.... not checking the radar in fear of #jinx

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
6 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Looking at the radar it's hard to see where an Amber warning is warranted! Fully aware things can change quickly but the level of ppn just doesn't seem to be there - at least in the warning area - for now!

I was just thinking that. Radar seems to show the snow further north at the moment. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

The Amber is from 7am to 10pm. 1 hour down and 14 to go. I'd give it a while before writing it off :)

I'm impatient that way! However I am about ¼ of the way to @Hawesy's prediction already :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Morning all!

Not a single flake here yet but as Catch said - plenty of time to go.

Loch Lomond area and Fort William have been taking the brunt - anyone live in those areas? Must have been some massive snow showers passing through and more lined up. :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Ooops! Spoke too soon! Heavy snow now!

• Like 2

Posted
18 minutes ago, 101_North said:

I'm impatient that way! However I am about ¼ of the way to @Hawesy's prediction already :D

Now that I've been outside - make that closer to ½ way there :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

There was nothing at 4am when I had to get up so don't know what time it started.   Snowing on and off now though and there is a slight covering.:) Going by the radar just now, it looks as if we may catch a fairly big clump shortly!

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Wee covering overnight - and a day wfh watching radar ahead.

Missed the Amber warning by a bawhair.. hopefully the flow as enogh oomph to punch through to here and can take the kids sledging again !

image.thumb.png.7509b5479772850be619b4e66f05245b.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Well We got a covering !!!! And it’s snowing now ! @Hawesy I just scraped past zilch lol ? hope you might catch a shower . 

• Like 4

Posted

We have light sleet to start off the showers, it needs to get heavier to turn to snow - its a slushfest so far !  (100m above sea level)