Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Don't even care if we get any more snow. Still in total awe at what happened overnight (and of course what we had december) think we had more snow than maybe last few winters combined so this is a good one

• Like 5

Posted
14 hours ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

Totals in this part of Glasgow don’t seem to have increased from last night too much. Reports/photos/videos from the south side suggest they’ve taken much more, even areas without much elevation (Cathcart etc). Amazing the difference a few km makes.

Theres some difference between East Kilbride and Glasgow . 

Posted

Last two nights out with the kids have been great but could do without the mega dangerous drives to work. I feel bad for those with nothing. Hope you get yours before the winter is out and hopefully in a non work day. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Interesting that the rain/snow band seems to be reducing back towards the coast. Shows snow in Kilmarnock area now. Not sure how accurate it necessarily is though.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

Interesting that the rain/snow band seems to be reducing back towards the coast. Shows snow in Kilmarnock area now. Not sure how accurate it necessarily is though.

Nope, it's wrong. Rain here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

-0.5c here, ice on pavements again. No snaw melt here today. Messy roads. Need a good covering again to hide this mish-mash ootside currently.

• Like 2

Posted

Radar says precipitation right now but there is nothing coming down. Too far north. I would say the blanket closure of east Ayrshire schools tomorrow is  a bit much. Should have been closed today maybe. Tomorrow not so much. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

@CatchMyDrift a decent shout with the thin red line...

Hi Res from Xtra ( only a few bob folks!)

animation shows the NNE steer Shug referred to earlier so perhaps better than it first looks into the wee small hours, remember a lot of the area still in the yellow warned section. 

Depends on what folks are looking for - a) full blown snawmageddon / peak pasting or b) yellow warning

Reckon we cannot be greedy if in the firing line given other snow starved areas looking in enviously, good luck all !

image.thumb.png.877c55db6c0fc2290a3fd74273bef76a.pngimage.thumb.png.019adae921c960648e6122ca9395fa94.png

Surface plot to my eye looks a little further N on the low vs modelling earlier, but it really is fine, fine margins..

Edited by lorenzo
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Baltic

Sat 24 forecast  orange = snow, looks to get as far north St Andrews (will miss Brought Ferry of course) :D

5a5fbd4d8f2ad_sat1.thumb.PNG.e48239641b975d72924360d2a08c1d30.PNG

5a5fbd7258fd2_sat2.thumb.PNG.679ad920b0fb9d8803e3feb4008ebe73.PNG

5a5fbd8e6400b_sat3.thumb.PNG.d4329aca9a2f1b436606edc4cff5ff2c.PNG

• Like 5

Posted
12 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

@CatchMyDrift a decent shout with the thin red line...

Hi Res from Xtra ( only a few bob folks!)

animation shows the NNE steer Shug referred to earlier so perhaps better than it first looks into the wee small hours, remember a lot of the area still in the yellow warned section. 

Depends on what folks are looking for - a) full blown snawmageddon / peak pasting or b) yellow warning

Reckon we cannot be greedy if in the firing line given other snow starved areas looking in enviously, good luck all !

image.thumb.png.877c55db6c0fc2290a3fd74273bef76a.pngimage.thumb.png.019adae921c960648e6122ca9395fa94.png

Surface plot to my eye looks a little further N on the low vs modelling earlier, but it really is fine, fine margins..

If the dodgey missing radar section just north of northern Ireland, is actually green intensity then I'd be happy! Drizzle here so far but suspect if we get some heavier precip it will change to snow. 

Posted

Very light snow started to fall in Lanark. We are on the Northern boundary of the Met office amber warning so a good fall here may give hope to those in the Central belt.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

The radar is confusing me :unsure2::fool:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Think I am suffering the snow hangover discussed in here earlier! :drunk-emoji:

Mon tae fu**! I thought this front might snake its way up to Croftfoot - looks like that ain’t going to happen! :angry:

Funny how you can still be proper raging about missing out on a snow event while you have snow thick on the ground and just experienced one of the best 24 hour snow watching experiences of yer life! :D

I wish everyone in the Amber warning area a joyful night of pure heavenly snow entertainment and I hope you all are safe and sound if you must head out on the roads! 

Oh and great pictures in here again today - really appreciate everyone who posts in here! Adds to my Winter/snow vibe! :cold-emoji:

• Like 4

Posted

Hmm, not particularly heavy but it has turned to wet snow here now. A slushy covering on the cars and drive I cleared earlier.

• Like 2

Posted

Radar seems to have a segment under-reporting intensify out just north of NI.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Radar looks like if anything makes it here it'll be light. Temp seems too high though so light sleet or rain more realistic than snow. The Met's 'predictive ppn fantasy radar nonsense' does show heavier ppn in the small hours but it's really just for fun!

Screenshot_20180117-215600.thumb.jpg.a088914183768d2014ef4363f7e748c0.jpg

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

I can confirm that light snow is now falling in East Kilbride. Not sure if it will get any heavier.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
2 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

I can confirm that light snow is now falling in East Kilbride. Not sure if it will get any heavier.

I am three miles Northwest and the Metoffice have just updated my forecast to this? 

Could be another late night - third in a row! :rofl:

D1E865FD-3A4F-4A4C-8D1A-940C43C1DAAD.png

• Like 5

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

I am three miles Northwest and the Metoffice have just updated my forecast to this? 

Could be another late night - third in a row! :rofl:

D1E865FD-3A4F-4A4C-8D1A-940C43C1DAAD.png

Me too:

Screenshot_20180117-220935.thumb.jpg.6a100cce18063572cd177d84269da91a.jpg

Keep refreshing the page though as it'll change in about 15mins as usual :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder any extreme weather

So the radar has snow right over me just now but there is absolutely nothing! Strange   :nea:

Posted

Motherwell updated to heavy snow at 0200 on the met office app too.

What about tomorrow evening? The BBC forecast has loads of white over us then? Nobody seems to have mentioned that much, are they probably wrong? 

Posted
8 hours ago, pleasesnownow said:

So the radar has snow right over me just now but there is absolutely nothing! Strange   :nea:

Sods law!

Posted
46 minutes ago, Starsail said:

Very light snow started to fall in Lanark. We are on the Northern boundary of the Met office amber warning so a good fall here may give hope to those in the Central belt.

Snowing heavily now and settling on the road.  Good luck everyone for the night ahead.

• Like 6