Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
10 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

If that happens I plan to sue you, @shuggee @mardatha and a few others for unfair hogging of snowfall during the winter of 2017/18. It will be like the old 7:84 campaign. 7% of the population owns 84% of the snowfall and it’s just not right! :D

Hey, my 33cms needs a top-up! :drunk-emoji: :laugh:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Managed to escape work and get the kids out sledging :)

• Like 4

Posted
5 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

If that happens I plan to sue you, @shuggee @mardatha and a few others for unfair hogging of snowfall during the winter of 2017/18. It will be like the old 7:84 campaign. 7% of the population owns 84% of the snowfall and it’s just not right! :D

I can only apologise, if it helps any, your prediction for here was really really decent. Got a couple of centimetres more but was a lot more accurate that any other forecast for here. If it's not too much to ask, and providing the outlook remains as ssuggested for Thursday night through Friday, I think I speak for everyone in saying I'd love to see you draft up another set of predictions for end of play on Friday ?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

Radar suggests the front is moving quickly and growing. At this rate snaw north of central belt https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

• Like 4

Posted
7 minutes ago, Ruzzi said:

I can only apologise, if it helps any, your prediction for here was really really decent. Got a couple of centimetres more but was a lot more accurate that any other forecast for here. If it's not too much to ask, and providing the outlook remains as ssuggested for Thursday night through Friday, I think I speak for everyone in saying I'd love to see you draft up another set of predictions for end of play on Friday ?

Phh, I’ve retired on a high. Besides, I failed where it mattered most, predicting a whole cm for myself and ending up with zilch. :D

Actually, I would love to but am in the middle of non-weather related activity right now so can’t manage. The list of names is on page 139 of the old thread if you fancy a bash yourself! :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Hawsey while I'm always usually on the side of the underdog - SNAW IS SNAW and yer not havin mine :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Brilliant pics @Northern Strath

It does look to be going further north than predicted

Surprise fall for some perhaps

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Phh, I’ve retired on a high. Besides, I failed where it mattered most, predicting a whole cm for myself and ending up with zilch. :D

Actually, I would love to but am in the middle of non-weather related activity right now so can’t manage. The list of names is on page 139 of the old thread if you fancy a bash yourself! :)

Ah no problem, don't even want to imagine the work that went into that, and I would give it a bash, but I wouldn't like to embarrass myself lol.

I'll maybe write them down then post them once everyone says how much they have ??

Posted

Happy to report that there has been nae snaw in my location. i.e. Edzell/ Fettercairn :bomb:

I did venture into deep Moray, yesterday on work related stuff. The Lecht looked promising for snow sport lovers. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
1 hour ago, 101_North said:

On my phone screen that last thumbnail looks like a massive ostrich has invaded Falkirk:rofl:

Now that you mention it...... 

sketch-1516219752733.png

• Like 2

Posted

Despite the front seeming to be further north than forecast I can't say I'm confident of adding more snow to the current total. It'll probably start as rain and any snow will be light and wet. However, parts of southern Scotland including Ayrshire and Lanarkshire could see quite heavy and prolonged snowfall, especially in the amber warning area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Yeah if you look on the radar the leading edge, currently straddling the Ayrshire Renfrewshire border, looks to be snow, but behind it we have sleet encroaching quite far inland. Much further inland than anything last night. So a word of caution on anyone in the Central Belt expecting more significant snow away from elevation.

Edit: I think we need a drop in temperatures as well. If it had been later then perhaps it might have produced.

Edited by Glaswegianblizzard

Posted
4 minutes ago, A Winter's Tale said:

Despite the front seeming to be further north than forecast I can't say I'm confident of adding more snow to the current total. It'll probably start as rain and any snow will be light and wet. However, parts of southern Scotland including Ayrshire and Lanarkshire could see quite heavy and prolonged snowfall, especially in the amber warning area.

Agree, doesn't appear to be best conditions for it, 3oC and dew point 1 and can hear dripping outside meaning we have some sort of thaw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

T = 1.2 °C here with a DP of -2.4 °C.

Looking good for me and fingers crossed.

• Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, ciel said:

Happy to report that there has been nae snaw in my location. i.e. Edzell/ Fettercairn :bomb:

I did venture into deep Moray, yesterday on work related stuff. The Lecht looked promising for snow sport lovers. 

Actually, I stopped off at the Lecht caffe :nea: on the way home, but  it was good to watch groups of school children being introduced to snow sports.:)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Och ! See now I’m jealous of all your fab totals ?

might have scraped at 2cm at most ! We need a good easterly . Maybe next time. Some brilliant photos thanks for sharing everyone.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Who is going to end up the most plastered on the kilted thread??

Well it is Wednesday - good excuse to go under the floorboards..