Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
10 minutes ago, colrobs said:

Here comes the next lot ?The radar for the west and central belt has got the next bands lined up nicely. Southern Scotland also looking good. Sky looking west over the city now turning orangey pink.

Light snow falling here now - sky is very orange/pink now! Here we go again! :yahoo:

I have been on the snow trail since 3am this morning - running on empty here but know I have to keep going as this is too special to miss! Had much better stamina when I was 13 years old lamp-post watching! :rofl:

Edit: extremely heavy snowfall now!!!! 

Edited by Mr Frost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
14 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Sky beginning to go bright white once again here...

Going to be another late night snow watching tomorow...not complaining though! :D

07744D61-170B-4D33-B3B5-1C8673DC91F4.png

804BC7B7-2A05-4940-9A5A-59C48CD4EBFD.png

F152C7B3-A8D8-476D-9845-77E856DEEA85.png

I hope they are right, but every other forecast for Glasgow tomorrow that I have seen is for rain.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis
6 minutes ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

I hope they are right, but every other forecast for Glasgow tomorrow that I have seen is for rain.

When have you ever known the MetO to be wrong? :oops:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
1 hour ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Wifey says 7 inches at home...I say aye right. Still, genuinely think I might have an issue getting home later.

I'd be worried if she's saying that and you're not there...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

Yep its back on again! Loving the big fat flakes! :D

Yeh, that's it back on here. The bands look now as if they are all clumping (that's a good word) together but will fall as rain, sleet or snow ?

Posted
1 hour ago, Hawesy said:

Pleased though I am to see all these reports/photos it’s a tough evening to be snowless yet again! :sorry:  I know the Aberdeenshire contingent missed out this time, but I’m not feeling sorry for them, they see plenty of snow. :D Do we know if @aggy or any of the coastal Ayrshire contingent got snow?

Yeah we did ok heaviest of the day just passed and when I say not bad I mean half a cm but that’s as good as U get here then u know inland is getting pelted . However it snowed then melted a few times but it hanging on now . Also had thunder snow earlier ?  so been fun to watch rain due shortly ? glad to see so many doing great with the snow but watch the roads they are lethal 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Looks like this event really delivered.... up in Kincardine atm and 2/3 inches here with the roads terrible.

Back home, a similar amount of snow and roads even worse with all non-essential travel being warned against. 

Some serious snow in that amber area.

Beautiful snow showers all day today, very frequent in nature. Long may it continue!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Snaw has been hammering down here in Leith for about 30 minutes, first time the radar has shown a perfectly aligned showed band hitting us. First decent covering here for 3 or 4 years I would say.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis
3 minutes ago, Paul Martin said:

Snaw has been hammering down here in Leith for about 30 minutes, first time the radar has shown a perfectly aligned showed band hitting us. First decent covering here for 3 or 4 years I would say.

YES! :)

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, 101_North said:

Urrggghhhh! Everything out the front door was white, quiet and fantastic looking. Then the council send folks round with noisy things, big metal scraping things and brown sandy sh*t! :angry:

Unlucky 101. They don't seem to come up as far as my street fortunately. 

It's been a good snowfall though and heading for the deepest since March 2013 possibly.

Some great photos and stories getting posted, keep them coming.

• Like 3

Posted

Tailing off now but it was a good one. Will hardly be digging out here in the morning but another one or two direct hits overnight would be welcome. Anyway, I feel we've joined the party now :D

26907229_900472840135281_6332645075647081266_n.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Baltic

Night shift. Dalgety Bay. Radar watching. Had an inch and a half in the last hour, just hope my handover makes it in the morning from falkirk ? can't upload pic for some reason, will do when i can. In terms of the low incoming I think it's pretty much just been watered down to gusty breeze pretty much

• Like 1

Posted

Dunno if the vid will work, did an SS and pulled over nearing the house earlier IMG_6546.mov

showers on and off, got a lovely blanket cover, enjoyed today on here too, especially seeing particularly snow starved members get their bounty and spot iguanas ? etc. Hopefully plenty more days like this over the rest of winter ? -4c

*sorry, appears you may need a magnifying glass for watching the vid 

Edited by Northern Strath
  • Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Polar Side said:

Unlucky 101. They don't seem to come up as far as my street fortunately. 

It's been a good snowfall though and heading for the deepest since March 2013 possibly.

Some great photos and stories getting posted, keep them coming.

I think someone on my street is an ageing relative of a council person! They are never finished gritting and clearing our pavements. Sometimes at all hours of the morning. Drives me nuts LOL

Great snowfall here today. Easily the best for a number of years :)

• Like 5

Posted
Just now, 101_North said:

I think someone on my street is an ageing relative of a council person! They are never finished gritting and clearing our pavements. Sometimes at all hours of the morning. Drives me nuts LOL

And long overdue ! Radar shows another nice big blob approaching Dunblane/Stirling, looks like it might follow the same track as the wee snaw-bomb we just had here.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, 101_North said:

I'm in a dead end that backs on to cherry tree and the gritters seem to ignore us which is fine by me.?

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Easily the most snow since March 2013 here. In fact, if you added together every snowfall since then you'd have less snow. Amazing stuff off a west wind.

Edit: having a cuppa and then going for a walk in it...

Yeah it just shows how snow starved we've been in the central belt/ south east Scotland the last few years. I think we got complacent after the great winters in 09/10, 10/11 and 2013. ?

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Polar Side said:

I'm in a dead end that backs on to cherry tree and the gritters seem to ignore us which is fine by me.?

Sure all their pavement 'plough' does half the time is compress the snow into ice and then polish it! Be better leaving it alone :wallbash:

• Like 1