Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder any extreme weather

Snow in north Lanarkshire and plenty more to come by the look of the radar ❄️❄️❄️❄️:cold::yahoo:

IMG_1494.JPG

• Like 7

Posted

Snow building up on the window sill against the double glazing. And I have a one foot plus drift by the coal bunker. Simply marvellous.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero
6 minutes ago, edo said:

epic shower last hour that has lied in city centre.... heading home in excitement to see if my grass blades are non visible for first time since 2013 

Screenshot_20180116-172146.png

Good luck!! :)

• Like 1

Posted

That was a dreadful journey back from Bonaly/Colinton. Roads were awful and visibility near zero at points. Around 3cm in 10-15mins!

IMG_20180116_170640-1392x1856.thumb.jpg.789b9a6e193f114d6aecbe1c59f724c8.jpg

IMG_20180116_172123-1392x1856.thumb.jpg.cb262e1fed8385bc4082ce559bb641d6.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
4 minutes ago, Benvironment said:

Good luck!! :)

might not get home.... much as we laugh at others not coping in snow... i have been 30 mins in car and went a mile and we only have about 3cm 

Edited by edo
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Fabulous full-on mega-heavy white-oot blizzard now.  Yaaaaay!

• Like 2

Posted

According to Traffic Scotland no point in going anywhere near the M74, or anywhere for that matter:

https://twitter.com/trafficscotland

http://trafficscotland.org/index.aspx

Police Scotland are advising drivers that there is a HIGH RISK OF DISRUPTION FOR ROAD JOURNEYS in the Dumfries and Galloway, Scottish Borders, West Lothian, Falkirk, South Ayrshire, East Ayrshire, South lanarkshire, East Renfrewshire, North Lanarkshire, and Glasgow areas. If you do travel, you are likely to experience significant delays.

Edited by grifter
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

The snow is lying in grass surfaces here, everywhere else is slush. Not had anything heavy since this afternoon. Actually so far isn’t as good as the snowfall just after Xmas. Lucky if it’s 2cm here and even on side roads it’s turned to slag. At no stage has it been heavy enough for long enough.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)

Incredible drive home from work, first time driving in snow since passing test. After that drive can't believe I am saying this but I think I have went off the idea of snow! Never been so nervous. Main roads at Rutherglen at standstill during which 3/4cm snow must have feel in around 15mins. Car now officially abandoned outside Castlemilk. I am right in saying worst still to come?

Edited by Bullseye

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Had heavy showers on and off all day, kids school bus didn't turn up so I worked from home (not easy with two primary school horrors badgering me). 

Screenshot_20180116-180055.png

Edited by snowidea
  • Like 6

Posted

Cold but dry here.  Enjoying the photos nonetheless.  Time for a northerly!

Posted

Sorry for asking the obvious but is this keeping up all night? That commute from kilmarnock to Motherwell was brutal and I will start looking into taking the train if conditions are similar tomorrow :-D 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
14 minutes ago, Bullseye said:

Incredible drive home from work, first time driving in snow since passing test. After that drive can't believe I am saying this but I think I have went off the idea of snow! Never been so nervous. Main roads at Rutherglen at standstill during which 3/4cm snow must have feel in around 15mins. Car now officially abandoned outside Castlemilk. I am right in saying worst still to come?

Cmon mate - you can’t be saying you have went off the idea of snow on here. :rofl:

Rutherglen is in the Amber warning - plenty more heavy snow showers to come, especially from now to 1am. 

Absolute pasting I am getting at the minute - keep saying this but...it is incredible!!!! :yahoo::snowman-emoji:

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Stuart Taylor said:

Sorry for asking the obvious but is this keeping up all night? That commute from kilmarnock to Motherwell was brutal and I will start looking into taking the train if conditions are similar tomorrow :-D 

2/3am apparently. But that's from the telly and not my forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
34 minutes ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

The snow is lying in grass surfaces here, everywhere else is slush. Not had anything heavy since this afternoon. Actually so far isn’t as good as the snowfall just after Xmas. Lucky if it’s 2cm here and even on side roads it’s turned to slag. At no stage has it been heavy enough for long enough.

So an unfortunate auto-correct error there - I should learn to check messages more often for that as I seem to be inserting random words into social media messages, emails etc. I promise I don't use that word at all so no idea how it got there, honest!

Some light snow on here, with a couple of decent bands coming up, so I'll stop whinging for now.

• Like 1

Posted

When I left East Kilbride this afternoon snow was deep and roads not great. Came down to Clarkston and Giffnock you would wonder what the fuss just a dusting there and in Glasgow nothing lying.. Trying to get back to EK and every road a car park now Clarkston now getting a hammering with snow.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

-1C at sea level. First time today I've seen snow falling at this temp and not settling!

Bizarre, HC, I have no explanation for that. I’ve seen it in Toronto during spring where the suns strength even through clouds heated the ground enough for snow to melt on contact even though air temps were below zero but obviously that would not apply!

Posted

Snow on again here! 7-8cm in the garden. Hard surfaces more like 3cm am it melted a fair bit earlier!

• Like 3