Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

Hello their Scotlanders! 

A fresh, sparkly, thread for you all to continue your chats of the weather in this fine country! Other thread got a wee bit long!

As usual, please do behave yourselfs and keep all toys in the pram! And another thing, don’t keep all the snaw to yourselfs. Those further South would appreciate it ?

Previous thread: 

CBBE212A-4359-4D08-8314-265DA6137A43.thumb.jpeg.30cbf31e684fff1af935d962ac3880b5.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

Latest batch of showers are largely fizzling out by the time they arrive here. Radar looks promising but been under a pink blob for 20 mins or so and there's nowt falling. Hope it peps up again later. 

Heavy wet snow in the West End of Glasgow.  The pavements on the quieter side streets are treacherous, semi-frozen with a layer of slippery wet snow and slush.  Looking at the overall picture, although lying snow is limited in places, I'm amazed there was no amber warning.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Spindrift2017 said:

Heavy wet snow in the West End of Glasgow.  The pavements on the quieter side streets are treacherous, semi-frozen with a layer of slippery wet snow and slush.  Looking at the overall picture, although lying snow is limited in places, I'm amazed there was no amber warning.

Heavy snow showers lying in Motherwell at 1145.

• Like 1

Seems like we may have some joy after lunch when the temperature's forecast to drop.

2 minutes ago, jellybaby1969 said:

Strathaven slap bang in the middle of the amber warning...and its chucking it doon. At home in coastal ayrshire........i believe its started to change to wet snow